test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nimbus III

2»

Comments

• jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Coliseum is bad, Devidian arc is not, Bonnie-kin is great (although the impact lessens the 21st time and onward), also going the same map back and forth couple hundred years apart is really fun.

If only it could have been written without the Devidians. Didn't care for 'em in TNG, don't care for 'em here.
    boldly-watched.png
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    siotaylor wrote: »
    I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.

Make it 12 characters, lol.
    Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!

and you have to do it three times to get the frigging accolade
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Law, the Mercenary Ship Fleet.

Except you 'get' that from facility 18. And just did all of nimbus up to it's gate. Law joins me, end missions. NO ONE contacts you to do facility 18, and Drake is NOT in the 'available' list to contact to try and get the missions. So yeah
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The flashlight? you don't NEED to use it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF409AqRUPo&t=0s&list=PLY5hPGi2f0fteHE9KxBSLB2JRB011bpQV&index=10
    In the current version it's not even a device you use, but a buff the game inflicts on you. Note how in some parts it goes out because plot and I continue the mission without it? :p
    Right. And I pretty much never use it. But the point is, it's so unrealistically dim having it detracts from immersion. Why does the game give us this overengineered thing that loses in lighting ability to a cheap keyfob flashlight? Why does the game pretend we need it?

In fact if we actually did need a flashlight, it would enhance the mission atmosphere much better. As well as make it much more dramatic it goes out "because plot."
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    > @jbmonroe said:
    > siotaylor wrote: »
    >
    > smooshy#7462 wrote: »
    >
    > I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Make it 12 characters, lol.
    > Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And here I thought it was that Devidian arc. Nothing like wandering around in the dark listening to a deranged hologram quote bad rhymes.

That's just one mission, Bonniekin. I mean if we're comparing single bad missions then I present for the jury's inspection 'Walking With Slamek' (aka Collussium).

Hey, I like Coliseum...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NJQvswrSPg
    ...for the music. :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    > @questerius said:
    > Were the Nimbus missions taken out for refurbishment?

Nope, they're in Available... Talk to the S31 dude.

That's pretty vague. Who are you talking about? And where are you talking about?
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    He means: go to your journal, check the available tab, look for Franklin Drake (the "S31 guy"), he will offer a couple of missions depending on how far you progressed in general, one of them should be Installation 18. Judging by another thread this is bugged for some players right now, but it should work this way in theory and apparently does for some.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    > @jbmonroe said:
    > siotaylor wrote: »
    >
    > smooshy#7462 wrote: »
    >
    > I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Make it 12 characters, lol.
    > Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And here I thought it was that Devidian arc. Nothing like wandering around in the dark listening to a deranged hologram quote bad rhymes.

That's just one mission, Bonniekin. I mean if we're comparing single bad missions then I present for the jury's inspection 'Walking With Slamek' (aka Collussium).

I liked Colosseum the first (few?) times I did it. Granted, on the 30th go-through it's lost its charm. Of Bajor, however, is and always was terrible.
    He means: go to your journal, check the available tab, look for Franklin Drake (the "S31 guy"), he will offer a couple of missions depending on how far you progressed in general, one of them should be Installation 18. Judging by another thread this is bugged for some players right now, but it should work this way in theory and apparently does for some.

I can only assume it's bugged for me, because the Franklin Drake does not offer an Installation 18 Mission. He does offer the Drozana Station Missions.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User

Nope he doesn't.
    Or rather he might for some or even most, but he doesn't for me. And that in spite of me having cleared everything between the beginning and where Installation 18 is supposed to appear.

@chrian#9670
    I think this may be related to my missing Aid New Romulus missions. I suppose that when you changed the missions from being in the mission journal proper to be in the Available section something happened that means some of them are missing for some of us. And it doesn't matter how much we clear, complete or do cartwheels it refuses to appear.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    From what I recall, I usually picked up the Gorn Mission and Installation 18 at the same time because the Gorn ended at the tower and Installation 18 started right there.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Issues with Nimbus III - This is fun to do for extra points and such however,
    1 - cant replay under Available tab once completed.
    2 - cant run Installation 18 - will not show up even if it has not been run even once.
    3 - once played it disapears completely from available tab as an optional rerun.

i checked this on all non Romulan characters and i found out none of them have this as replayable under available tab. for those who have completed it.
    i checked the other 3 sets of missions that got moved to Available tab and they are all there and replayable, only Nimbus is unplayable for a second time and Installation 18 is not even playable once, let alone again.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Maybe they did that because they had changed the 'Fistful of Gorn' Mission to award random VR Doffs after you had gotten 'Law'. Can't have people picking up VR Doffs that way, now can we. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    Issues with Nimbus III - This is fun to do for extra points and such however,
    1 - cant replay under Available tab once completed.
    2 - cant run Installation 18 - will not show up even if it has not been run even once.
    3 - once played it disapears completely from available tab as an optional rerun.

i checked this on all non Romulan characters and i found out none of them have this as replayable under available tab. for those who have completed it.
    i checked the other 3 sets of missions that got moved to Available tab and they are all there and replayable, only Nimbus is unplayable for a second time and Installation 18 is not even playable once, let alone again.

Other missions that have been made optional arcs do show up under the available tab. I'd bug report all of this.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    The flashlight? you don't NEED to use it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF409AqRUPo&t=0s&list=PLY5hPGi2f0fteHE9KxBSLB2JRB011bpQV&index=10
    In the current version it's not even a device you use, but a buff the game inflicts on you. Note how in some parts it goes out because plot and I continue the mission without it? :p
    Right. And I pretty much never use it. But the point is, it's so unrealistically dim having it detracts from immersion. Why does the game give us this overengineered thing that loses in lighting ability to a cheap keyfob flashlight? Why does the game pretend we need it?

In fact if we actually did need a flashlight, it would enhance the mission atmosphere much better. As well as make it much more dramatic it goes out "because plot."
    I always saw it as an optional thing that you can use if you care.

As for getting Nimbus from Drake.. what level are you? they still have a level requirement, might have a story requirement too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Installation 18 is not available for my disco fed. I did all the other missions on Nimbus. After the tutorial I went on with the Klingon arc, which ends more or less with a PvE queu. I could do the Spectre arc via Franklin Drake. Also the Breen arc and the Cardassian arc are available but the Romulan arc is not. Do I have to do Romulan Minefield from the queu first, as is asked by Quinn? It is quite complicated, I have to say. My disco fed is level 21.
    Yeah who was the mission giver for Feds?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Installation 18 was given by Drake, I believe
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Well, my Disco character finally managed to do the mission, I found someone with it in-progress and got them to share... I completed it just fine, but can't turn it in. The name of the mission giver is seemingly blank, so the game has no idea what to do with it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.