test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to aquire the 'Installation 18' mission on a new AoD carachter?

stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
I cannot aquire this mission. I completed all the other Nimbus III missions.

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Without having tested this, perhaps you can start the mission at the satellite tower entrance.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Without having tested this, perhaps you can start the mission at the satellite tower entrance.

Unfortunately, I cannot.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    its not worked for me since the AoD update, went there again yesterday to see if it would trigger but nothing happened and it can't be manually picked up from Drake
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    sharing might work... BUT.. I'm not sure sharing between a regular fed and a Disco Fed works .
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • downdiggerdowndigger Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I put in 4 maybe 5 Tickets to try and find out how to get the reward Nimbus Pirate Distress Call from the Installation 18 mission and I was emailed back several times.

This is a direct QUOTE from your STO Blog " We’ve taken out the “Wasteland,” ..." you can still find these missions in the galaxy at large, but they’re not part of the directed journal experience. We’ve taken out the “Wasteland,” “Spectres,” “Breen Invasion,” and “2800/Lost Dominon” mission groups in this fashion, so you can still play them, you just won’t be sent directly to them as part of the leveling process."

If you took them out how can we get to them?

the HAIL button called galaxy at large DOES NOT HAVE the mission Installation 18 available for my NEW Age of Discovery character nor do any of my other characters show it in that HAIL Mission journal area.

So now how do we get to it if it is not there?
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This is what they told me
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since the Installation 18 mission is not showing in the galaxy at large on any of your characters, you will have to go directly to the NPC mission giver to obtain this mission. Please review our wiki for more information.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Installation_18
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Nadel

WELL GUESS WHAT I told them ...

OK YOU have me 1 million percent confused Subcommander Nadel is located at the
    Romulan Flotilla so I Can NOT go there as a FED faction character to get the Installation 18 mission and ............
    Franklin Drake is also apparently the mission giver for the Installation 18 mission
    BUT as per your BLOG "Wasteland" IS removed from the episodes and IF you can find where I can pick up the Installation 18 mission and get the
    [Nimbus Pirate Distress Call] Reward I will stop flooding your in box with where to get the damn thing - you don't seem to understand my NEW AGE OF DISCOVERY CHARACTER CAN NOT DO THIS MISSION and I can't find it on any of the pages in the
    ( Episodes - Available ) mission HAIL pages!!!

THEY WROTE BACK SAYING

If those NPC mission givers will not grant the Installation 18, sadly, we do not have any other details where it can be located at this time. We only refer to the wiki and blog post since those are the only things that we can check some details as Customer Support. Unfortunately, we at Customer Support have limited resources and information regarding the in-game content changes. I suggest heading over to the forums page to seek assistance with the Moderators, Quality Assurance team and the Development team.
    SO here I am ASKING THE DEVS or any one else who IS in CHARGE of the game content or Coding or such HOW DO WE GET THE DAMN THING????? you guys SAY you can get the missions but your really CAN'T that' missleading and kind of a LIE to all of the players
    ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS OR ARE WE FUBARed
    4c02cccf09523a701c0e4f3b9aa56374.jpg
    Where it all began
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I know how you feel, having dealt with CS (on another issue) in the past. Unlike the New Romulan ground assignments (which I'm beginning to think were removed deliberately, and they didn't tell us, just like the T5 rep rewards on some of the older reps), Installation 18 is a major bug (which I expected with this new and "improved" (lolnope) streamlined mission progression).

The adventure zones should never have been put in the episode track. And the side stories with connections to the larger arc (like Nimbus III) should have never been removed from the main story arc. Period.