test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion - TOS uniform variant

sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
Using the same general style of the TOS uniforms I would like to propose a variant that uses 4 colors:

1 - Neckline / Undershirt.
2 - Main Torso
3 - Sleeves
4 - A thin strip following the seams on the shoulder and at the torso and sleeves.

Admiral variant would have metallic cording at the seamlines.

This would be good for those who like the TOS style, but want more customization options.
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    There'll probably be DSC season 2 uniforms soon that look like TOS. They'll be in the C Store for probably 500zen, or in a pack with internals/bridges for 2000 or so.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I am not suggesting a discovery uniform. I know that will be coming. I just figured that since the JJ verse reinvented the TOS uniform TWICE, and now the Discovery-verse is reinventing it. I thought it would be nice to suggest something based off of the assets for the PRIME universe. You know... The universe that everyone but the fans wants to pretend doesn't exist? Yeah. That one.

DSC is the prime universe. It's also not reinventing the TOS uniforms because it's set a whole decade before TOS.

Abrams also didn't reinvent the TOS uniform as 09 starts before TOS making his uniforms a reinvention of the Where no Man has Gone Before uniforms. And Pegg and Lin were behind Beyond and the second lot of uniforms not Abrams.

If you're going to complain about insignificant stuff get it right first.

Oh, and how dare you overwrite canon and reinvent TOS' uniforms with some gastly idea about making the arms a different colour to the top. Thank the gods fans aren't allowed creative control over things.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    artan42 wrote: »
    Oh, and how dare you overwrite canon and reinvent TOS' uniforms with some gastly idea about making the arms a different colour to the top. Thank the gods fans aren't allowed creative control over things.

I suggested allowing the OPTION to make the sleeves a different color. Set color 1 to black and colors 2-4 to gold you get the standard 23rd century command uniform. But what if I want a gold torso with black sleeves and black seamlines with the black undershirt. Or a gold undershirt, black sleeves and torso with gold seamlines...

To me, more customization for the classic TOS style top can't hurt... You may not agree, and that is fine. As with any other uniform on the C-store, nobody would make you or anyone else buy it.

I would like more customisation. I was just pointing out your hypocrisy. B|tching about what you call 'reinventing' as though it's inherently bad and suggesting the originals are better whilst simultaneously asking for the ability to reinvent the TOS uniform.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

TOS got a whole expansion whereas DSC has a bugged out three episode run. TOS got several costumes for AoY and DSC can't even get a bug free single uniform.

#TASforSTO

This discussion has been closed.