test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty ships unsorted

xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
Found out today (did not check yesterday after the launch due to lack of time) that my admiralty cards are almost not sorted anymore. There's still the order from small craft via T1, T2, ... up to Epic Cards, but within a set the order is basically non existent, at least I can see no rhyme nor reason. It is not alphabetical, not by Eng/Sci/Tac, not chronologically (e. g. the pilot ships are all over the place in the T6 group). There are some blocks which seem alphabetical, but only 4 ships or so in a row.
My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It's even worse, as it appears to "shuffle the deck" after you kick off each assignment, so you have no way of knowing where any card in a tier is going to be. It's just an utter mess right now.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • sillybritsillybrit Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm getting the same issue with multiple toons across all factions. It used to be sorted by tier, then rarity, then role, then single-use/permanent, but as the OP noted the only remaining sort order is tier and then within that there's no apparent order.

I also noted that the order within tier changes as ships are assigned to missions.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    There even was a last sorting point "by alphabet" except for the epic cards (Hegh etc.) I didn't assign any missions so cannot comment on the latter issue, since I didn't want to look for my ships (instead of the old "I know where a ship is that can help in this mission" scrolling) and will probably refrain from admiralty for as long as this issue stands.
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    This still has not been sorted, come on Cryptic, this needs to be fixed.

How did any of the AoD have anything to do with the sorting of items?
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    Come on cryptic, don't leave this til next thursday.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Yeah, we need this sorting problem sorted out! :D
    ... But seriously - my Fed toons have more than 100 admirality cards (including 1-time use),
    so looking through them to fill all 9 projects with all 3 possible ship slots per project is really troublesome. :/
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have that problem too. And most of my chars have about 500 cards each... This need to be fixed soon!
    qc13grtl44vw.png
    500? Ever thought of just getting rid of the 1x cards by throwing them at missions?
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    500? Ever thought of just getting rid of the 1x cards by throwing them at missions?
    Sure. But I also have most of the regular ships and once the routine is established, I tend to use the same ship combinations time and time again. And so these 1x cards getting more and more...
    I always hoped those ships might become tradable at the exchange and I could sell all the 1x ships I don't need, but I guess this won't happen anytime soon. At this moment I would already be glad if at least they fix this bug as soon as possible.
    qc13grtl44vw.png
    I know the general feel, having about 100 regular cards, when I see the number required I already know the combo or single ship plus alone bonus that will cover it, sometimes multiple ones, and immediately go for it, saves thinking. But if the 1x cards pile up I'll just throw them at the 10-10-20 missions or similar, so what always was two thirds down the way will stay there (and I don't need no 1x cards for admiralty at all, not even as a safety net, with the cardassian intel ships now really everything has a backup). But yeah, with this bug all the knowledge of where to find a ship has gone (okay, two screens down or similar).
  • robin74robin74 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    It's not just Admiralty, it's a general problem with the sorting algorithm. The "sort by price per item" in the exchange doesn't work. The "show usable items only" doesn't work.
  • flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    yes annoying, without the regular order, cant tell if i a ship is available or being repaired. Hope it gets fixed soon