test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant get into Fleet Starbase since AoD release

doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
Game runs fine, until it keeps crashing every time I try to go into my fleet starbase system. WTF? Why isnt this fixed? Obviously I didnt delete the starbase map. Heres the error popup I keep getting everyday since AoD:

Fatal error: failed to load data for map; either the data does not exist on disk (failed to patch) or the crc or version number of the data on the disk does not match what the code is expecting.
Technical Details: map
"Maps/Starbases/Player_Starbase_System_01/Player_starbase_system_01.Zone"

I use Steam version of game.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader

Comments

• chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @doubleohnine ,
    IN your star trek launcher under options check mark the Verify files box and let the game re-verify it's files. Let me know how that works.
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    Hello @doubleohnine ,
    IN your star trek launcher under options check mark the Verify files box and let the game re-verify it's files. Let me know how that works.
    I finally did that before logging in today. Verification went fine. I played a few task forces, a Discovery mission, then tried transwarping straight to fleet research lab and got the same crash and error message.

Im a Fleet leader in my fleet. Can see and interact with everything in my Fleet functions, set new jobs, promoted a cadet, etc. Cant get into starbases.
    Just reVerified files, again no issues. Usually that toon that goes to starbase gets placed outside to beta quadrant when I log back in, but now after going to fleet research lab, he crashes immediately when logging in.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello @doubleohnine , At this point I would recommend right clicking on star trek online on steam -> and opening the folder location of the game. Uninstalling it through steam and then deleting all the files in the star trek online folder steam ->steamapps -> common -> startrekonline. If you saved into a custom location this may be different. Your issue is possible due to a corrupt file the verify is not able to pick up and fix.
  • fyrwinde13109fyrwinde13109 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    @chrian#9670 I am having the exact same problem with the Risa map, but installed the game via Arc. So the only solution is to uninstall the entire game?
  • zoobaleezoobalee Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    <deleted>
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Please try my post in the following thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch

I had the same error trying to load into/dock at DS9. I was able to find work-around and posted the steps there.

Hope it helps you like it did me and several other players.
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I just repeated did this crash multiple times usually from not going from 1 holding to the starbase. If I tried to go from 1 holding to the next, then to the Fleet Starbase, it would crash. Also attempting to go from launcher to character to Fleet Starbase after such (if you force verify it just kicks you back to original zone/planet/sector you entered original Holding at) would crash the game again.

I will try snovern's fix and see what happens....
  • fyrwinde13109fyrwinde13109 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yes! It worked! Thanks!