test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AOD removed a LOT of parts from the tailor, all factions (Edit: ALL species)

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
edited October 2018 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Per title, AoD update removed a lot of parts from the alien tailor. Below is a link to a list of what's missing (that I can identify) for my characters (updated to be as current as possible.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C-jOSQ2NnK95eUbtFq6YNc3Rr2S9b1FuxbpDLgSAKTU/edit?usp=sharing

This may have a catastrophic effect on the Foundry, permissions for alien gen carries over automatically and its hard to say how costumes will update if the Foundry comes back online prior to a fix (in the past, losing parts in alien gen automatically updated missions without player input [IIRC], we may lose a LOT of costume settings here.)

An ASAP fix would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I commissioned two new FED boffs (alien male and female) to help test on my DSC FED. My list of available parts just changed drastically across all aliens, all factions. There are differences though in what parts are missing for male and female but there's a lot fewer omissions now than there were when I first posted.

Edit 2: see comment below for update, issue has more complication.

Someone else, could you please try to verify the above list. Do you see the same options missing? Are there more?
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by duncanidaho11 on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Update:
    On logging in this morning I am now back to missing a huge proportion of parts (don't have the time to list them off right now, will trylater.) However, NONE of my existing characters and boffs have lost any items and that was also the case when first reported. The odds of that happening by chance are remote, seems like what parts you're currently using affects what alien parts you have access to. This means the exact list of missing parts probably isn't consistent between players (though again: could someone please try to verify this.) Something involving permissions may have broke (so it's now a TRIBBLE shoot what you have in the alien tailor), that or there is a consistent list of missing items but the system unlocks alien-gen parts if they're present on an existing character.

Edit 1: Commissioning a new alien bridge officer (tried with non-alien species too, no effect) returns a large number of customization parts (more than they are currently using) to the alien tailor (though not all). This is also not permanent (exiting STO will reset alien-gen unlocks back to their bugged state) and what's unlocked by the new officer is not the same between trials.

Edit 2: I can also confirm that what parts your characters are currently using affects what parts you have access to ATM in the alien tailor. If folks notice omissions in the parts list which other characters (you haven't logged into) use, opening those characters in the tailor unlocks their parts for all aliens of the same gender (until you exit STO). Not all parts work this way, there seems be a list of parts which are consistently unlocked (I'll try to work that out later), but added to that seems to be what the player is currently using.

Edit 3: I'm pretty confident that I can get to a reasonably full list (minus a few parts I can't recall) of affected parts later today by logging into aliens with no parts selected, will post the results when I get them.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited October 2018
    Update:
    Using a couple alien characters with minimum customization options selected or bridge officers I was able to get a better baseline for what's missing. Linked below is the most complete list I could make of missing parts (likely a few more items missing that I couldn't recall or find in reference material.) In checking a few things I also discovered that non-alien characters are affected too. They're liable to be missing a few hairstyles and a lot of tattoo options. These seem to correspond with what's missing for alien, so the list below should still reflect what's likely gone missing for them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C-jOSQ2NnK95eUbtFq6YNc3Rr2S9b1FuxbpDLgSAKTU/edit?usp=sharing

There's over two hundred items missing by default (though players may still see these if they have an existing character or boff using them, or commission a new officer.)
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    While this isn't alien specific, I cannot change rank on any of my bridge officer uniforms, regardless the era. My crew are eternally ensigns.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Yea, Aliens loss a lot of costumes options, why cryptic? Why...?
    edited October 2018
    Another update: it's not just the head category that's affected either. I'm missing Tights (matte) and Tights - Sparkling from skirt options of female officers (same behavior, I can get these back until I exit STO by customizing an existing officer with these options selected.) I haven't seen any problems yet with costumes unlocked through the C-store, Lobi, and reward items. However, it appears that anything which is a default customization option may potentially be affected by whatever's going on here.