test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the answer to address the problem with most PVE queues being dead?

jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
From my own personal experiences and what other players tell me, it is continualy fustrating for me that most pve queues appear to be dead so what is the way to address this? I spend a couple of hours in a pve queue waiting for it to pop and nothing happens. If other players do not feel compelled to queue up and there's a shortage of activity for this option then would the developers consider something else as an added option. I do like grouping with other players when the chance to do so it there but as the majority of time that option is not available to me and others and we all play at different times, could a new option be introduced where we can do these missions solo. This would allow the reputation system to be completed on several characters especialy in older pve instances that noone revisits anymore. It's only an idea but i don't know what else could be done to breathe life into all the instances again. Does someone have a better idea? I don't expect my idea to be a popular one but i thought i would put it to the devs to see if they would consider it.

Comments

• wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Queues for reps that have a battlezone should be turned into weekly/monthly events with increased/special rewards. That reduces the number of queues and populates the battlezones. Most control points in battlezones can be soloed by a moderately advanced player.

Dump the rep token rewards in the battlezones and queues - it's a broken system anyway (complete novices only have to show up and wait for the more experienced players to do all the work) and redundant now that you can convert marks into tokens.

Removing the rep tokens for advanced/elite queues would make those queues truly optional and free them to be difficult enough to actually require teamwork again.
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    What ever it is the new UI for Queues is not the answer, I want the old one back
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • jax10jax10 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm new around here but I've been playing awhile. I solo almost everything and do pug whenever I can. I'd love to be able to solo those queues because the only ones that I can ever get to fire is Cystalline Catastrophe or Bord Disconnected (both on normal). You can only do those so much before it gets old. I'd add that it would be good to be able to solo the Defera Invasion Zone or the other team queues on Nukara Prime. Better yet, make all queues solo, full team, or partial team. There could be queues that fill up with for example 3 players, whoever gets to the queue first decides how many players are needed/wanted and just fires the queue. So basically it changes the need for a 5 man queue to a max of 5.
  • wildcard#0935 wildcard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    jax10 wrote: »
    I'm new around here but I've been playing awhile. I solo almost everything and do pug whenever I can. I'd love to be able to solo those queues because the only ones that I can ever get to fire is Cystalline Catastrophe or Bord Disconnected (both on normal). You can only do those so much before it gets old. I'd add that it would be good to be able to solo the Defera Invasion Zone or the other team queues on Nukara Prime. Better yet, make all queues solo, full team, or partial team. There could be queues that fill up with for example 3 players, whoever gets to the queue first decides how many players are needed/wanted and just fires the queue. So basically it changes the need for a 5 man queue to a max of 5.
    Do the advanced ques, normal is a bad choice most people skip. More rewards in the advanced ques. More people in the advanced ques. Don't worry if you are underpowered, there is a high chance someone will be there that will kill everything before you even get into range to shoot yourself.

This is actually a bigger topic than your small paragraph indicates. It would be hard to answer all at once and I'm sure I only know part of the story or answer.

Some missions are quite interesting but there is a steep learning curve. They are poorly explained and since few bother to go to the wiki to see how to do them, they simply give up and never return. Explaining what to do in the mission is the wrong way to do it!
    - if only this game had an in-game browser like EVE Online, which has had one for well over 10 years. It would lead to the wiki getting used much more.
    - mission explanations should be available outside of the mission, i.e. add a button "walkthrough" in the Task Force window or it could be another column like Reward, Skill or Team columns that are there now.
    - some missions should have video clip where Admiral Quinn (or whichever NPC is appropriate) gives you a power point presentation what to do besides the "walkthrough" I mention above. Maybe have the mission briefer walk you through a holodeck of the mission.

Gravity Kills for example is not as hard as it appears the first time you try it. Worse is when 5 people don't know what is going on. It is actually a decent mission. Impossible to do if everyone there is a first timer. Players using Gravity Wells make this impossible, the enemy gets stronger when they are closer to each other. /DoublePickardFacePalm

Drannur Gauntlet - so much easier if you focus on keeping the little satellites repaired. Even if I mention it in chat, people don't do it, perhaps a language barrier. Nowhere at the beginning is this mentioned in the instructions, but once again, explaining the mission in the mission is the wrong place to do it.

Khitomer in Stasis - this is a bit too complex but it's a good mission. This is one that really needs full mission briefing and holodeck explanation

The other problems are bugs that have been around forever and never fixed. Examples the Nukara ground qued missions. Fix the damn terrain and line of sight bugs already, it's been out for years!

Defera ground zone was never finished, has lots of bugs, some parts are plain not fun at all, still uses the old crafting system which is horribly glitchy and pointless and the zone has horrible rewards. However, you still see people show up there. Probably looking for something different to do like myself when I was there.

Big Dig - does it really still need 20 people to start, with all the power creep that has occured since it was released? Some retooling would go a long ways here.

That is just some of the issues I have seen and not all of them. I'm sure others if they ever came to the forums would have more to add. The main problem is Cryptic, from what I can tell, never goes back to rework or outright redo older content. Bugs presist, some are outright not finished, and some need additional work like the mission briefings/information outside of the mission itself.

PvP needs a complete rework, it is beyond dead. Would love to see some RvR like content released(realm vs realm). There are plenty of games that have fun RvR content like Guild Wars 2 or even Elder Scrolls Online.