test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Free Discovery Uniforms!

Comments

• bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'd like to get the Discovery Mirror uniforms and the Discovery crop sleeve uniforms.

Coming to a lobi/c-store near you soon.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Neck color is missing on Andorian females, Human females, and Holographic Geordi LaForge. Probably others as well.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Neck color is missing on Andorian females, Human females, and Holographic Geordi LaForge. Probably others as well.
    You can recolor the collar, but you have to swap to a different uniform that has 4 color channels and set channel 3 to the color you want, then change back.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > captfabulous wrote: »
    >
    > Neck color is missing on Andorian females, Human females, and Holographic Geordi LaForge. Probably others as well.
    >
    >
    >
    > You can recolor the collar, but you have to swap to a different uniform that has 4 color channels and set channel 3 to the color you want, then change back.

That is beside the point. The notes said the collar would be separately editable. Why is it not? My uniforms are basically stuck being blue because of this issue. I get there's a workaround for it, but THERE SHOULD NOT BE A NEED TO DO SO.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    The collar issue is being fixed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    My "white" medical uniform is till in need of some serious oxi-clean. :p
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I will probably get the free uniforms for RP reasons though I think they are extremely fugly and impractical.

If you watch how stiff they are and the stress lines they make as the actors move they are obviously very binding, a looks-over-practicality philosophy which is the very opposite of the one Roddenberry had for the show. That and they are so hoplessly unfashionable, channeling the1980s androgynous power business suits. Yuck.

The weird part is that the Cage and early TOS uniforms, with just a little cut adjustment and the use of real velvet (ideally in slightly darker, richer shades) instead of cheap dull (and ever shrinking) velour, would look great by todays standards. Fashion has come full circle in many respects.

I will agree that on TV the uniform do not look well at all. However the STO version is great. Although I am not a Discovery fan all of my Fed characters haven been using this uniform since it was first released. They look even better now with the new colour palette. My crews all sport the Discovery uniforms with the TOS colours. The blue ones do not look as good as the gold and red ones but they still look amazing.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    psiameese wrote: »
    I also have the set already. I was dabbling tonight. I note the collar was already black and couldn't be changed with the palette. Where the collar had been default 'Discovery blue' the last time I tinkered with them. I'm hoping the patch aligns the customization better come tomorrow.
    Oh, you can make it work if you tweak it right. The trick is that color channel 3 works, but the picker is hidden. So you have to set the color of channel 3 in a different outfit that actually shows the picker. This should be fixed tomorrow though. Here's a result I made by tinkering:

Oh, wow. Tricky. But it should be fixed after the hotfix patch? I hope? It was shockingly limited when I tried updating my Doctor's uniform after the Admiral made his Captaincy official. I hope the Lieutenant rank badges get added, as I was surprised to find none, yet a dearth of Cadet badges. And no option to change the collar black. I was wondering if I needed to Claim the DSC uniforms from the C-store to get the complete options?
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    I will probably get the free uniforms for RP reasons though I think they are extremely fugly and impractical.

If you watch how stiff they are and the stress lines they make as the actors move they are obviously very binding, a looks-over-practicality philosophy which is the very opposite of the one Roddenberry had for the show. That and they are so hoplessly unfashionable, channeling the1980s androgynous power business suits. Yuck.

The weird part is that the Cage and early TOS uniforms, with just a little cut adjustment and the use of real velvet (ideally in slightly darker, richer shades) instead of cheap dull (and ever shrinking) velour, would look great by todays standards. Fashion has come full circle in many respects.

I will agree that on TV the uniform do not look well at all. However the STO version is great. Although I am not a Discovery fan all of my Fed characters haven been using this uniform since it was first released. They look even better now with the new colour palette. My crews all sport the Discovery uniforms with the TOS colours. The blue ones do not look as good as the gold and red ones but they still look amazing.

I am Not (what I consider) a fan of the DSC uniform but I have been amusing myself in my attempts to make it 'work'. My John Harrison (Khan) is wearing a DSC uniform I made 100% Black.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The collar issue is being fixed.

The rank stripe on cuff issue apparently isn't.

It NEEDS to be FIXED.
    Post edited by sarvour0 on
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    I also have the set already. I was dabbling tonight. I note the collar was already black and couldn't be changed with the palette. Where the collar had been default 'Discovery blue' the last time I tinkered with them. I'm hoping the patch aligns the customization better come tomorrow.
    Oh, you can make it work if you tweak it right. The trick is that color channel 3 works, but the picker is hidden. So you have to set the color of channel 3 in a different outfit that actually shows the picker. This should be fixed tomorrow though. Here's a result I made by tinkering:

Nicely done, markhawkman.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    As predicted, no sleve/cuff rank insignia/stripes.

Pedantic perhaps but this basically means that, even if we get the colouring correct, we can't accurately recrate that style of uniform.

There's also no way to get rid of the metallic deltas, a design element that the Constitution uniform clearly does not have.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Could one kind soul please tell me what the canon colors for the discovery uniform are?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • kourgath22kourgath22 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    As predicted, no sleve/cuff rank insignia/stripes.

Pedantic perhaps but this basically means that, even if we get the colouring correct, we can't accurately recrate that style of uniform.

There's also no way to get rid of the metallic deltas, a design element that the Constitution uniform clearly does not have.

pike-1532118871537_1280w.jpg
    I don't know that looks fairly metallic to me.
    RcMelvY.jpg
    The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved. - Yang Wen-li
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    kourgath22 wrote: »

XtxjYgl.jpg

hRrNrZY.png

It isn't even close.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Thank you! Got the collar black, made the shirt/jacket red, left the bronze trim and pants blue, as an in-between hybrid uniform. Will make full TOS variant and, as soon as it shoes in C-store correctly again, claim my TOS uniforms. It says I purchased it, but I guess the 2256 Tailor is not allowed access to it...
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Could one kind soul please tell me what the canon colors for the discovery uniform are?

This should help:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms#DSC_Uniforms

The in-game department colours are different: A1 for Command, A10 for Engineering and A13 for Science/Medical - but the codes for the base jacket and boots are spot on.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @madhatch1971 said:
    > khan5000 wrote: »
    >
    > Could one kind soul please tell me what the canon colors for the discovery uniform are?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This should help:
    >
    > https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms#DSC_Uniforms
    >
    > The in-game department colours are different: A1 for Command, A10 for Engineering and A13 for Science/Medical - but the codes for the base jacket and boots are spot on.

Ugh that dingy white...

We need a full-on RGB color picker for all outfit options (within reason) as well as a "default" color settings to get canon clothing colors.

This color pallette is growing tiresome at times, and sucks when you can't precisely match things up.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

XtxjYgl.jpg

hRrNrZY.png

It isn't even close.

Ah! That is much clearer! And a good point! Will probably have to be added as the S2 jacket or something. Hopefully they can retroactively fold it into the existing DSC Uniform, which already has Lt, Cpt & Admiral options.
    4073703.jpg

edited October 2018

XtxjYgl.jpg

hRrNrZY.png

It isn't even close.

I thought you were referring to the badge not the deltas on the side. In that case nvm.
    P.s forum seems to have bugged out on me and ended up posting again when I tried to edit this post.
    RcMelvY.jpg
    edited October 2018

XtxjYgl.jpg

hRrNrZY.png

It isn't even close.
    I thought you were referring to the badge not the deltas on the side on the side. In that case nvm.
    RcMelvY.jpg
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Thank you
    khan5000 wrote: »

This should help:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms#DSC_Uniforms

The in-game department colours are different: A1 for Command, A10 for Engineering and A13 for Science/Medical - but the codes for the base jacket and boots are spot on.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    I've already got my free Discovery Uniform, but was just curious is Cryptic making these free from now on, or a limited time again?
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    None of my female characters/bridge officers can change their collar colour
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    I've already got my free Discovery Uniform, but was just curious is Cryptic making these free from now on, or a limited time again?

It says "indefinitely" in the blog.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    starswordc wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

It says "indefinitely" in the blog.

Cool, thanks starswordc for the clarification.
    gingi101 wrote: »
    None of my female characters/bridge officers can change their collar colour
    workaround is to start with a different top that has 4 color picks, and set channel 3 to the collar color. then switch to the Discovery top and set the color there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    When do we get these uniforms? :)

Captain-Killy.png
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited October 2018
    thay8472 wrote: »
    When do we get these uniforms? :)

Captain-Killy.png

If/when Cryptic introduces those 'MU' uniform versions I'm guessing that would be closer to the actual DSC season 2 paywall release so in Jan. of '19 is my guess.
    Legend has it that Killy will show up for the Anniv, so maybe then?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing