test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No experience on killing ships

bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
So, I get the new Europa Heavy Battlecruiser and start the first new mission. I notice that I'm not getting any experience from killing Klingon ships, I immediately leave. No point running it if my ship mastery doesn't level.

I have just tried again several hours after quitting the game and I'm still not receiving any experience in space. My ship is still sitting 0 experience points.

Anyone else hit this bug?
Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.

Comments

• bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Update.

I ran a Federation Fleet Alert, picking up XP and mastery starting to level.
    After that, I ran Defence of Starbase One. No XP and after checking, no one else in the team picked up any XP from kills.

Bug or are we deliberately not getting XP in the new missions/STF on max level characters?
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I finally gave in and ran the first of the new missions (no starship mastery gains), only to find no xp from ground kills either.

It would be great if someone could let us know what's happening with this. People will not run these missions if they don't gain ship mastery or xp from ground kills.
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    what is the logic behind getting star ship mastery xp for Ground kills? - For space tfo - not all reward xp for ship killings. Mostly the ones with lots of easy ships in it like SB1and GTG.

nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    This is something I learned recently as well. Not all missions grant XP for killing ships.
    SuavekS wrote: »
    Starship XP is rewarded only for enemy kills in space, but certain enemies in certain missions do not reward XP at all. My guess is it's not a bug or an oversight, but rather Cryptic's decission. Many queues involve killing a lot of enemies who just keep respawning, so they probably disabled XP reward to prevent exploits...

...which kind of defeats the purpose of the whole Starship Mastery thing, if the main endgame content Cryptic wants us to play doesn't affect the Mastery in any significant way...
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png