test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Age of Discovery Starter Pack - Ship Weapons

drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
Seems like a shame to me that the ship weapons that came in the Discovery Starter Pack didn't have come with the ability to auto-level up, like the ground weapons also provided in this pack. Could have been the same as the phaser banks that come on the Tier 1 Constellation class ship. Instead, they're only as good as the initial phasers you get with any Fed starting character and are throw-away immediately. Would have loved to be able to level a Discovery character with Discovery phasers all around.
aV2IRVJ.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Would be friggin awesome buuuuut since that would effectively replace the actual loxbox weapons there's no way in hell they'll do that.
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    That is really disappointing, I want the pew pew guns not the beam stuff
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I should correct my statement... they actually do appear to increase in DPS as I level, but they're stuck at common (White) rarity without the option to upgrade at all.
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    drazzii wrote: »
    I should correct my statement... they actually do appear to increase in DPS as I level, but they're stuck at common (White) rarity without the option to upgrade at all.
    Check again after you hit 50. 00 mark items can't be upgraded before then.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tiekosoratiekosora Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    ^^^ This, I was just about to say that. Still, that's a LOT of upgrading to get to epic.
    18EOWbV.jpg

They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    There is no way to upgrade the Sensor-Linked Phaser Beam Array found on the Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser of the Discovery Starter Pack.

I opened up this ship on my Level 65 Federation character, right-click the Sensor-Linked Phaser Beam Array in my Inventory, and there was no "Upgrade" option!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong; I would love to be corrected ;)
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    On the bright side we've got a TOS situation going on. While you're still in the past you can buy standard gear from the vendor next to the ship selector and then upgrade it. While they have the vanilla phaser stats (chance to disable subsystem, no x-linked) they have the DSC visuals. Though getting the quality up may become a pain in the rear with these things.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    Can someone tell me why my AoD character cannot even PURCHASE the starter pack? Is it time-gated behind completion of the initial missions, or was I supposed to choose the human or Vulcan character options? I've got one episode to go, but thought the purchase would be possible as soon as I created the character. I chose to build an Aenar character (sorry, Andorians, I'm not comfortable with the usual swagger) using the alien gen tools; I hope this doesn't sink my access to the usual Federation options, otherwise the whole exercise is a bust. :s
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @centaurianalpha said:
    > Can someone tell me why my AoD character cannot even PURCHASE the starter pack? Is it time-gated behind completion of the initial missions, or was I supposed to choose the human or Vulcan character options? I've got one episode to go, but thought the purchase would be possible as soon as I created the character. I chose to build an Aenar character (sorry, Andorians, I'm not comfortable with the usual swagger) using the alien gen tools; I hope this doesn't sink my access to the usual Federation options, otherwise the whole exercise is a bust. :s

You can't get it during the opening tutorial. You have to wait till you get your first mission from the Admiral, then you can buy it.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited October 2018
    I've just finished the entire AoD tutorial, and I can confirm that you *must* finish the AoD tutorial (ie: Finish the "Downfall" Episode) before you can enter any Starbase to access your Walker-Class PLEC (Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser).
    ie: You can switch ships for the first time when you get your first mission from the Admiral.

I've also tried summoning the PLEC ship in space portion of the Tutorial, but alas, there was no way to switch to the PLEC during the Tutorial.

I too was slightly disappointed in this respect.
    Anyways, it's rather difficult to die in your AoD starter ship ;)

Edit: I mistakenly bought my PLEC (Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser) Starter Pack with my main Level 65 Federation toon, so the extra Inventory slots went to my main toon instead! ymmv
    ...thought the purchase would be possible as soon as I created the character. ...
    Post edited by w00q on
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    TalonXV wrote: "You can't get it during the opening tutorial. You have to wait till you get your first mission from the Admiral, then you can buy it."

Thanks, I was hoping it was the simpler answer; I took the mission, but didn't have time to actually complete it yet. Looking forward to next login!
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • drazziidrazzii Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Yeah, I claimed my Starter Pack on my Level 65 character and also couldn't do any upgrades on the included phasers. That really sucks! Wish we could at least get them like the ones that came on the TOS enterprise ship.
    aV2IRVJ.png
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    You can replay the Downfall mission to get some uncommon ones with dmg mod and the mission scales when you rank up, they are phasers only and not emitter/sensor linked like the lock box ones or ones which come on the ship but they have the Disco look.
    They are account bound and seem to be only available on Disco toons as they don't show as a reward on my 24th Century Tac
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    drazzii wrote: »
    Yeah, I claimed my Starter Pack on my Level 65 character and also couldn't do any upgrades on the included phasers. That really sucks! Wish we could at least get them like the ones that came on the TOS enterprise ship.

From today's patch notes: Resolved an issue that prevented the Discovery Starter weapons from being upgradeable.

Does this include the weapons on the Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser?

Does this mean I could dismiss and claim the ship to get a full complement of upgradeable weapons?

• kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I ended up buying a full set of emitter linked phasers from the exchange, it appears the initial phaser autolevel but im not sure if they're bugged, when I equip them on my ship the DPS drops to 170dps and I don't seem to do much damage, since equipping the proper ones off the exchange im absolutely tearing through ships.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kurzis wrote: »
    I ended up buying a full set of emitter linked phasers from the exchange, it appears the initial phaser autolevel but im not sure if they're bugged, when I equip them on my ship the DPS drops to 170dps and I don't seem to do much damage, since equipping the proper ones off the exchange im absolutely tearing through ships.
    The starter ship phasers are commons, so swapping to purples is a given to boost DPS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    kurzis wrote: »

Mine leveled up quite nicely - you have to check in space on the weapon interface, not on the slotted weapon.

Unfortunately, I just checked and the ship weapons continue NOT to be upgradeable - too bad.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    While I didn't pay attention to the mission name the earliest I found that you can switch to your PLEC is shortly after claiming your shuttle. After beaming to your ship, instead of starting the next mission, take the option to beam back to the Academy.

When you first go to the vendor to claim your shuttle, that is your only option, the weapons vendor can't be accessed and the ship selector will only show your starter ship and your new shuttle. Beaming right back down after beaming up to your ship, you can now visit the ship selector and switch to the PLEC, the weapons vendor can also be accessed now. I don't know if the PLEC shows up at the ship vendor then or not as I didn't look, since I had already claimed my starter pack from the C-store, I already had the PLEC, it just wouldn't show in the ship selector until that point.

I also loaded up on phasers so I had a good stockpile for attempted upgrades, although it seems that wasn't necessary after the recent patch...anyone want a bunch of common MK II DSC phasers ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    Please, Cryptic, make the ship weapons *Upgradeable* as you've promised!

I've bought this ship on the promise that its beam weapons are upgradeable.
    Unfortunately, I just checked and the ship weapons continue NOT to be upgradeable - too bad.
This discussion has been closed.