test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Love the new Discovery UI.

thraawn5thraawn5 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Is there a way I can change the UI look of my old toons to match the new Discovery UI. it looks awsome
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    look in the options menu, I know there are options to reskin the UI.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • huachaos#5075 huachaos Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    thraawn5 wrote: »
    Is there a way I can change the UI look of my old toons to match the new Discovery UI. it looks awsome

You can do the color, but not the sounds.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    After seeing the work put into the discovery toons UI.
    I would love to see a bit of a revamp to the UI for all the other ingame groups.
    It does make the Fed/Rom/KDF etc seem a bit dated.

Does anyone else feel the same way ?.
    I know we can use it on any alt...but the UI for at least the original races seems to be a pretty much ignored part of the game.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Even the colors are not quite the same for older toons.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    bloodyriz wrote: »

Even the colors are not quite the same for older toons.​​

I had to go look, you're right. Odd. I just wish they would allow us to transfer characters or choose sounds and animations, even if they charged for it. I realize they are trying to bring in revenue and all, but I have zero desire to grind out a new character for some new sounds. I do wish they would make warp animations and sounds ship specific though. My Crossfield needs the Disco warp animation.

• alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I'd like this option as well on my other feds. It looks nice and refreshing. We spend the time to make and play all these recruits, why not make it a real deal account-unlock. Same with the AoY boff powers which can be imported into new characters by unlocking them at the fleet facilities.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Yeah no kidding, they really knocked it out of the park with the DSC UI. Being pretty torn on whether or not to make the new character my main jst because of that. That grind though...... :s
    [
    I just wish they would allow us to transfer characters or choose sounds and animations, even if they charged for it.

That'd be great.
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I really love the discovery content, including UI. The hand phaser Hands DOwn (pun intended) is perfect. I love it.

The ship phasers got ruined though, as per my forum post. I hope they fix the ship phaser effects soon. It ruined the game for me, I want to go back and redo the training mission and disc missions when the phaser effects are fixed. They look like youre firing jelly globs slowly moving through space. So odd.

But the UI is great, and transporter effect is amazing too!

Discovery in almost every element from it's art deco inspired designs to it's effects look like it belongs in that lost era between the Undiscovered country and Next Generation. It's stupid they didn't set the show then. They could have replaced the Klingon war with the Zenkethi since they seem to want to make the alien protagonists monsters.

Anyways, the content is great keep it up! (and fix my ship phasers!)
    Yeah no kidding, they really knocked it out of the park with the DSC UI. Being pretty torn on whether or not to make the new character my main jst because of that. That grind though...... :s
    [
    I just wish they would allow us to transfer characters or choose sounds and animations, even if they charged for it.

That'd be great.

Yeah, the grind just isnt worth it to me.

• straden0straden0 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @huachaos#5075 said:
    > seriousdave wrote: »
    >
    > Yeah no kidding, they really knocked it out of the park with the DSC UI. Being pretty torn on whether or not to make the new character my main jst because of that. That grind though...... :s
    > huachaos#5075 wrote: »
    >
    > [
    > I just wish they would allow us to transfer characters or choose sounds and animations, even if they charged for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That'd be great.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, the grind just isnt worth it to me.

What grind?

I'm not much of an Alt guy, I've made 3 in total and those were for events and never went further than completing faction before I flake due to the impending grind..
    straden0 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @huachaos#5075 said:
    > seriousdave wrote: »
    >
    > Yeah no kidding, they really knocked it out of the park with the DSC UI. Being pretty torn on whether or not to make the new character my main jst because of that. That grind though...... :s
    > huachaos#5075 wrote: »
    >
    > [
    > I just wish they would allow us to transfer characters or choose sounds and animations, even if they charged for it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That'd be great.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, the grind just isnt worth it to me.

What grind?

I'm not much of an Alt guy, I've made 3 in total and those were for events and never went further than completing faction before I flake due to the impending grind..

Yeah, I have several alts in various stages, but after a while its just too boring repeating everything.

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    look in the options menu, I know there are options to reskin the UI.

I tried that yesterday myself, the colors change but you don't get any of the new UI graphics.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Love the Discovery UI, looks great, clean and very appropriate for the AoD theme. Visuals are excellent, but I especially love the sound effects - very unique and cool.
    HQroeLu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.