test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Age of Discovery Won’t Launch

My game crashes to desktop before it finishes loading ever since the Age of Discovery update

Comments

• tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Same here.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • mrtoveymrtovey Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Id love to play but my launcher crashes before its even started the patch
  • m00n5h4d0w#9271 m00n5h4d0w Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same. Crashes during load screen, after launching. >_<
  • rednuxrednux Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same here!!
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    after patch today cant start game anymoore after char selection crash to desktop tryed 32 bit client..same tryed windowed same...
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    The game crashes when my I try to load onto DS9 ground with my Jem'hadar toon.
  • snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I had the same problem loading into DS9 - whether loading into game with a toon at DS9 or trying to dock at DS9; and with Jem-hadar as well as other races. I kept getting the following error:
    'Fatal Error: Failed to load data for map: either the data does not exist on disk (failed to patch) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

Technical Details: map
    "Maps/Planets/Crd/Crd_Ds9_Ground/Crd_Ds9_Ground.Zone"'

What fixed the problem for me:
    1. In the Launcher UI, before logging in, click the "Options" link towards the top right.
    2. In the "Patching" section, a) click _off_ "On-demand patching" and b) click _on_ "Force verify".
    3. Click the "Save" button and log in.

NOTES:
    1. If you do not click _on_ "Force verify" in step 2, the change to "On-demand patching" doesn't take. That's what happened to me.
    2. After step 3, expect a very large patch after the verification step completes. This fixed the missing or invalid DS9 map for me.
    3. If you want to re-enable "On-demand patching" after you've successfully loaded your toon, you can do so the next time you see the Launcher UI. I did this and am still able to load into DS9.

Stuff that didn't work for me:
    2. Attempting to "fix" the map problem by Docking at DS9 with a successfully loaded toon (FED unjoined Trill). This just caused another of my toons to be locked out of the game.
    3. Force verifying the game files without turning off "On-demand patching".
    4. Trying to load into Safe Mode.

Hope this helps some of you to get into the game.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    snovern wrote: »
    I had the same problem loading into DS9 - whether loading into game with a toon at DS9 or trying to dock at DS9; and with Jem-hadar as well as other races. I kept getting the following error:
    'Fatal Error: Failed to load data for map: either the data does not exist on disk (failed to patch) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

1. In the Launcher UI, before logging in, click the "Options" link towards the top right.
    2. In the "Patching" section, a) click _off_ "On-demand patching" and b) click _on_ "Force verify".

NOTES:
    1. If you do not click _on_ "Force verify" in step 2, the change to "On-demand patching" doesn't take. That's what happened to me.
    2. After step 3, expect a very large patch after the verification step completes. This fixed the missing or invalid DS9 map for me.
    3. If you want to re-enable "On-demand patching" after you've successfully loaded your toon, you can do so the next time you see the Launcher UI. I did this and am still able to load into DS9.

2. Attempting to "fix" the map problem by Docking at DS9 with a successfully loaded toon (FED unjoined Trill). This just caused another of my toons to be locked out of the game.

This worked for me after I kept crashing at Japori.
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thanks Snovern. It worked.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
    Thanks! this also fixed the same problem for a friend of mine. :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • suniko123suniko123 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I can't initiate the game I click engage and my screen puts black and nothing happens
  • dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    I appreciate the effort it took to help the other players out, but it is kinda dissappointing that we, the players, has to work around the problems that the devs somehow created.

I guess I'm still kinda disheartened that Discovery update was really nothing more than a glorified reskin of the regular Fed tutorial.
  • solongchu#9353 solongchu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have not been able to log in either since the new update I get about 2 thirds of the way through the loading bar then it crashes to desk top
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    If anyone having trouble getting in the game has Razer software installed, I got in by uninstalling that.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • sonoftalonsonoftalon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    nah I tried all of those approaches and still wont let me load my AoD character, all others I can but that one. got all the way to lvl 7 and wanted to buy theAoD starter pack for the toon as well...… this sucks.....
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I do not have Razer but I do have MSI, but disabling the various utilities does not help. Neither does the usual force file checking and safe mode stuff.
  • dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    I appreciate the effort it took to help the other players out, but it is kinda dissappointing that we, the players, has to work around the problems that the devs somehow created.

I'm used to bugs related with new seasons... but this is ridiculous.
  • stherosthero Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    snovern wrote: »

NOTES:

Thank you so much for this!!! I did have to re-download the patch, which was almost a whopping 4.4 GB!!
    All is well again.
    Resistance is Futile.

You Will be Assimilated.

Assimilation is the Key to Happiness.
    :D
  • drewburymoredrewburymore Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    At a loss here, have uninstalled / reinstalled but something in launcher fails. (launcher never launches)
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    If you're stuck on a map, can you send me your character name and @handle?