test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Will to Fight"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Our latest fiction blog introduces Captain Shran, as played by Jeffrey Combs! This descendent of the original Shran, from Star Trek: Enterprise, will be a major part of this first #AgeofDiscovery content drop.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007813

Comments

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Awesome to have more VO from Jeffrey Combs. Did you make him suck down some sulfer hexafluoride before he recorded his lines, so he'd sound as weirdly deep-voiced as the TRIBBLE Andorians?
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Oh wow. So we're going to be picked up by Shran. Neat!
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yahoo! Jefferey Combs is back! I love this idea.

Now we just need a time travel mission where Thy’kir Shran (Discovery era Shran) needs our help to go back in time to save his great-grandfather, Thy’lek Shran (Enterprise era Shran) from being assassinated by Weyoun and Brunt. And of course, Mr Combs does the voice work for all those characters!

Yeah, I know, it'll never happen, but one can hope. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    Great post, and I especially like how it explored the differences between the "classic" Klingons and the stagnant ones in Discovery.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Yahoo! Jefferey Combs is back! I love this idea.

Now we just need a time travel mission where Thy’kir Shran (Discovery era Shran) needs our help to go back in time to save his great-grandfather, Thy’lek Shran (Enterprise era Shran) from being assassinated by Weyoun and Brunt. And of course, Mr Combs does the voice work for all those characters!

Yeah, I know, it'll never happen, but one can hope. :p

Hmmm, it's going to be a loooooong day at the sound booth. :weary:
    Our latest fiction blog introduces Captain Shran, as played by Jeffrey Combs! This descendent of the original Shran, from Star Trek: Enterprise, will be a major part of this first #AgeofDiscovery content drop.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007813

I know that it was mentioned that Discovery's going to be rolled out, so I have to ask are Discovery Andorians and Saurians (Linus, the new captain of the Discovery, or just a new officer to the ship?) going to be next after Humans/Vulcans/Aliens?
  • asadir#3274 asadir Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I wish we could make Andorians that look like Discovery Andorians .
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > ambassadorkael#6946 wrote: »
    >
    > Our latest fiction blog introduces Captain Shran, as played by Jeffrey Combs! This descendent of the original Shran, from Star Trek: Enterprise, will be a major part of this first #AgeofDiscovery content drop.
    >
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007813
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I know that it was mentioned that Discovery's going to be rolled out, so I have to ask are Discovery Andorians and Saurians (Linus, the new captain of the Discovery, or just a new officer to the ship?) going to be next after Humans/Vulcans/Aliens?

Linus is not the captain, he is just part of the crew, Pike is the captain this season.

Now this is ridiculous. Let's introduce the Enterprise, and ditch it.
    I wish we could make Andorians that look like Discovery Andorians .

They are probably going to make it available like they did (finally for the most part) the 23rd Century (aka the TOS version) Klingons and Gorn appearances. Not sure if it'll be after they allow Discovery Andorians to be played or not.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @captaincelestial said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @captaincelestial said:
    > > ambassadorkael#6946 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Our latest fiction blog introduces Captain Shran, as played by Jeffrey Combs! This descendent of the original Shran, from Star Trek: Enterprise, will be a major part of this first #AgeofDiscovery content drop.
    > >
    > > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11007813
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > I know that it was mentioned that Discovery's going to be rolled out, so I have to ask are Discovery Andorians and Saurians (Linus, the new captain of the Discovery, or just a new officer to the ship?) going to be next after Humans/Vulcans/Aliens?
    >
    > Linus is not the captain, he is just part of the crew, Pike is the captain this season.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Now this is ridiculous. Let's introduce the Enterprise, and ditch it.

Starfleet sensors detected multiple signals spread across 30 thousand light years. There is only one ship in Starfleet capable of investigating them, USS Discovery. Spock has also gone missing, his father and foster sister are aboard Discovery, Pike knows who both are.

I don't understand why your confused about this. In the opening of the first trailer for season 2 Pike tells Saru that he is taking command of Discovery.

Well, having the Empress on back on board explains it even better.