test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still no Gamma marks in RA?

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
If you're going to have a last hurrah before Disco and your RA nerfing, the least you could do...

Vague thread title edited. -- StarSword-C
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Gamma quadrant came in with Victory is life.

Gamma is a Greek letter.
  • neomodiousneomodious Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    Probably marks.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Please use sensible thread titles, IT'S THE LAW. Karl Urban and/or Sylvester Stallone will be visiting you shortly.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    neomodious wrote: »
    Probably marks.

Correct. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

The lack of Gamma marks during this Red Alert event makes me want to shove a cordrazine-stuffed epohh into an opening belonging to whoever made that decision.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Go to the Gamma Quadrant. The Battlezone missions take each take about as long as a Tholian Red Alert and pay more marks.

Or play Swarm. It's dead easy.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    If my memory is not faulty... current reputation marks are not added to RA and events as optional rewards until a new reputation system is introduced into the game. At which point the "current" marks turns into "old" marks.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The lukari ones were added faster than normal because gon'cra was borked.

The gamma waiting zone isn't totally borked, just lots of downtime.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Good. Swarm lives on for a few more moments then.
    The lukari ones were added faster than normal because gon'cra was borked.
    Balls. The lukemarks were in the choiceboxes from the moment they were released.
    From the point they were released would be faster.

New balls please!
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    I'd have to agree with starswordc. "Swarm" is actually kinda fun :) if a little boring ... Even on "easy" you can earn 100+ marks, just take a BFAW Boat in and do circles / lazy loops above one of the lanes, it's easier than even the red alerts, and has the chance to earn you far more marks. It also pops fairly consistently, unlike most of the other queues.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Lukari was added within 36 days of that Reputation's release right into the premier of the shortened Breech Event.

After Tuesday you will start to see Gamma Marks making it into Choice Marks PVE Queues. Changes to anything Reputation Marks related content was frozen while they worked on the considerable changes to the Reputation System (Tier 6 and all that jazz) for Age of Discovery.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Swarm Advanced is easy and it pops very quickly. 125 marks without the daily bonus and with a bonus pool active. Without a CD even. It takes less than 2 hours in total to grind up enough marks to take a character from Tier 0 to Tier 6 rep assuming that character is sponsored. No other rep can claim all that outside of Dyson.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I agree its time to add them to Red Alerts.
    Queue after queue while in the Gamma Quadrant zone map, I keep ending up in a map alone mostly.
    So should the only option left be Swarm? No, add them to Red Alerts already!
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They should chuck all the choicemarks off the RA's already. And everywhere else, too.

And yes, Swarm and the waiting zone should be the only ways to get gamma marks.
    All my non jem characters are sat on close to 1k gamma marks after capping t5 without having done any of the waiting zone drudgery because of the recruit rewards.

I looked at the rep rewards, weighed up how tedious it'd be to get them and thought nope.

They really needed to add in some patrols or deep space encounters into the waiting zone to break the monotony of sitting about waiting for others to queue up or click accept. Or had put some effort in to have more than those three encounters from the get go.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    After today they should start to be in Multiple Choice Marks Queues.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.