Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > starkaos wrote: »
    >
    > rattler2 wrote: »
    >
    > I can buy the Terrans retrofitting her to look like the wireframe image, but not the Federation.
    >
    > Most likely the TOS version will be a refit that USS Enterprise will have.
    >
    > Don't forget that in the Prime Universe, the Connies are not brand new ships. They're well rounded, old workhorses by the time of TOS. If we don't consider the Discovery version but take into accound the Cage version, that still implies a refit somewhere between Cage and TOS. While not quite as radical as Discovery to TOS... its still a refit. Either way, Enterprise is most likely looking forward to a refit before Kirk takes command.
    >
    > Personally I like the Discovery version, as it would make for a bit of an easier refit to TMP. Shift the neck up just a bit, you got room for the neck mounted Torpedo launcer. Pylons are already swept back, so all you really need to do is maybe extend them a bit and reinforce.
    > Also the Discovery Enterprise looks sturdy while still staying true to the original design. And I like the blue glow from the Warp Field Grills.
    >
    >
    > Purists rage all you want. THIS is a beautiful modern interpretation. Hell... I bet 5 ECs people wouldn't have raged so much if the Kelvin Timeline used this design rather than the one we did get. She'd probably look just as awesome coming up out of Titan.
    > But still... she honors her past. There's room for this design in the pantheon of Enterprise alongside the rest of them.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Personally, I don't want any future Constitution refits to look like the TOS Constitution. It looked weird In a Mirror Darkly when they had a 22nd Century starship look more advanced than a 23rd Century starship. Even the uniforms looked weird when doing the same comparison.
    >
    > Back to the thread, we have word of the Age of Discovery ship pack. It is the Age of Discovery Starter Pack. A future pack might be released that contains more starships, but it looks like it won't come out next week since it should have been part of today's dev blog.
    >
    > * 12 Additional Inventory Slots
    > * 1x Large (150,000) Experience Bonus Pool
    > * Discovery-era Phaser Sniper Rifle
    > * Discovery-era Phaser Stun Bolt Pistol
    > * Tardigrade Vanity Pet
    > * Walker-class Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser - A brand new scaling starship!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the connie looked far more advanced than the NX. Greebles and kibble does not look advanced to me.

Rofl, one of the most common complaints about Enterprise was that the ship looked more advanced. By far this was complained about more than any other aspect, and In a Mirror Darkly just made it worse.

Not to me, even Drexler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSGQMHvQueE

To me, the NX looked less advanced. And the connie looked slick in Darkly.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    ltminns wrote: »
    If there was going to be a Ship Pack for this Tuesday we would have heard about well before this.

Well... we didn't hear about the Starter Pack until today...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Ship Pack not one ship. This is a mixed mode Bundle like the Enterprise Era Bundle with elements of the DS9 thrown in.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Speaking of Enterprise bundle... are they going to fix the part where the NX in that bundle actually unlocks in the C-Store as well? Kinda strange that you have to go back to the bundle itself to get the NX as the C-Store still says you don't own it when you do via bundle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    I put that in as a Bug years ago. Looks like not.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Its STILL a bug I guess. Pretty low on the priority list. Which I can understand. Its not gamebreaking. Just inconvenient.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @smokebailey said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @smokebailey said:
    > > starkaos wrote: »
    > >
    > > rattler2 wrote: »
    > >
    > > I can buy the Terrans retrofitting her to look like the wireframe image, but not the Federation.
    > >
    > > Most likely the TOS version will be a refit that USS Enterprise will have.
    > >
    > > Don't forget that in the Prime Universe, the Connies are not brand new ships. They're well rounded, old workhorses by the time of TOS. If we don't consider the Discovery version but take into accound the Cage version, that still implies a refit somewhere between Cage and TOS. While not quite as radical as Discovery to TOS... its still a refit. Either way, Enterprise is most likely looking forward to a refit before Kirk takes command.
    > >
    > > Personally I like the Discovery version, as it would make for a bit of an easier refit to TMP. Shift the neck up just a bit, you got room for the neck mounted Torpedo launcer. Pylons are already swept back, so all you really need to do is maybe extend them a bit and reinforce.
    > > Also the Discovery Enterprise looks sturdy while still staying true to the original design. And I like the blue glow from the Warp Field Grills.
    > >
    > >
    > > Purists rage all you want. THIS is a beautiful modern interpretation. Hell... I bet 5 ECs people wouldn't have raged so much if the Kelvin Timeline used this design rather than the one we did get. She'd probably look just as awesome coming up out of Titan.
    > > But still... she honors her past. There's room for this design in the pantheon of Enterprise alongside the rest of them.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Personally, I don't want any future Constitution refits to look like the TOS Constitution. It looked weird In a Mirror Darkly when they had a 22nd Century starship look more advanced than a 23rd Century starship. Even the uniforms looked weird when doing the same comparison.
    > >
    > > Back to the thread, we have word of the Age of Discovery ship pack. It is the Age of Discovery Starter Pack. A future pack might be released that contains more starships, but it looks like it won't come out next week since it should have been part of today's dev blog.
    > >
    > > * 12 Additional Inventory Slots
    > > * 1x Large (150,000) Experience Bonus Pool
    > > * Discovery-era Phaser Sniper Rifle
    > > * Discovery-era Phaser Stun Bolt Pistol
    > > * Tardigrade Vanity Pet
    > > * Walker-class Prototype Light Exploration Cruiser - A brand new scaling starship!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > the connie looked far more advanced than the NX. Greebles and kibble does not look advanced to me.
    >
    > Rofl, one of the most common complaints about Enterprise was that the ship looked more advanced. By far this was complained about more than any other aspect, and In a Mirror Darkly just made it worse.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not to me, even Drexler.
    >
    >
    >
    > To me, the NX looked less advanced. And the connie looked slick in Darkly.

The connie looked like a toy in Enterprise, and you are the only person I have ever onown anywhere that thinks the connie from TOS looked more advanced.

There are tos fans out there....~sarcastic gasp of shock~....and many feel it does look more advanced.
    Was fearsome in Darkly, as well as the fanworks like ST Continues and Phase 2.

~blows a raspberry @ Azrael~ :p

bzk74q9.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g39o0p9Uctk
    @ 6:32 , looks like the Discoprise, ja? @11:40 , looks like Doug was right.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5etcDydSME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIKgDyTyy3Q
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I thought they also did one on the NX Refit.
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    The TOS enterprise has always looked more advanced than the NX because its cleaner, more crisp. You cant see the hull plating or the seams so to speak as its built soo well.

I cant believe I'm going to say this but on reflection the interior does too (sure the graphics/monitor screens maybe but that's an effects issue with the time it was made. The NX is very, industrial with an engine room that looks like a sub station for power lines. It screams "yeah we're gonna build a starship but haven't really done it before"

The TOS enterprise is clean and organised, it has big corridors for easy movement of people and a very well laid out bridge.
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited October 2018
    opinions are like a s s holes azrael, everyone has one, and most stink

given the decades of difference and budget issues, Id agree the TOS looks more advanced. Might be more readily noticable with the TRIBBLE Enterprise
    reafis wrote: »
    The TOS enterprise has always looked more advanced than the NX because its cleaner, more crisp. You cant see the hull plating or the seams so to speak as its built soo well.

I cant believe I'm going to say this but on reflection the interior does too (sure the graphics/monitor screens maybe but that's an effects issue with the time it was made. The NX is very, industrial with an engine room that looks like a sub station for power lines. It screams "yeah we're gonna build a starship but haven't really done it before"

The TOS enterprise is clean and organised, it has big corridors for easy movement of people and a very well laid out bridge.

d1Bhlgl.jpg

And to you, as well, Koda. :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
    While it may look industrial, at least it does not look like a Brewery. ;)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • madmart6909#9946 madmart6909 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    wonder how the plagerism cease and desist lawsuit is going to effect the tardigrade pet in the pack, or the whole disco thing anyway
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    wonder how the plagerism cease and desist lawsuit is going to effect the tardigrade pet in the pack, or the whole disco thing anyway

Considering there is nothing to the lawsuit, then it won't affect anything. It far more likely that it is due to parallel development rather than some employee of Discovery getting their ideas from a lousy indie game that is not out yet and the vast majority of people that heard of it through the lawsuit. Personally, I think this clip is far more likely for how Discovery and that indie game developer got their idea from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I-PQxuPkjA

So if anyone should sue Discovery, then it is Neil Degrasse Tyson.
  • bowlroller#5734 bowlroller Member Posts: 2 New User
    > so it's 2022 and my crossfield and walker bridges are just that...bridges still. oh and there is a turbolift in each that goes nowhere. but yes, the actual bridges look fantastic. all the doffs missions are accessible, but you'd think that they would've made at least the crossfield's decks available to visit, since they are in fact part of multiple episode missions. They've been created already. and my premium, paid for with money crossfield got jipped on its interior? pfft. i want one tha's muh main's babygirl. she needs the full enchilada por favor!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    That is not dead which can in Forums lie,
    And with strange postings, even Threads may die...

From The Necroposticon of Abdul al-Hazardpay
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,293 Community Moderator
    necro /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.