Install Arc
Options

[PC] Discover New Adventures This Fall!

123457»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Also it never seemed in canon that the Fed/Klingon border was that far away. The NX-01 could make the trip to Kronos 4 days there and 4 days back.
    The Vger cloud made it from Klingon space to earth in a few days
    This is true. But prior to the Federation their attempts at expansion were thwarted by races such as the Vulcans, Andorians, and Tellarites..
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Sounds a bit like the Corridors used by the Xindi, or Underspace in the Delta Quadrant.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit like the Corridors used by the Xindi, or Underspace in the Delta Quadrant.

Sounds more like them trying to technobabble out terrible writing :)
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

V'ger is also one of the most advanced beings encountered, the ship itself being made on an alien world that is who knows how ancient.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'Is this ...all I am? Is there nothing more?'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    'Is this ...all I am? Is there nothing more?'

Even the most powerful of beings can question life itself.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Sounds more like them trying to technobabble out terrible writing :)
    Star Trek is fueled by technobabble. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Star Trek just doesn't have a Jack O'Neill to dumb down Carter Technobabble. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Also it never seemed in canon that the Fed/Klingon border was that far away. The NX-01 could make the trip to Kronos 4 days there and 4 days back.

That's been a conceit of ALL Star Trek series.

TNG: In "Encounter At Farpoint" - Farpoint Station is at the edge of know Federation space - yet teh 1701-D gets there is a few days (Per BOTH "Encounter At Farpoint" and "All Good Things").

DS9: Again Bajor and Ds9 are considered "on the Frontier" of Federation Space - yet the Defiant, Quark (in a warp shuttle), and others again go to and from it to Earth in a few days.

Travel time/Speed in Star trek has always been dictated by the "Needs of the Plot".
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."