test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug- Red Alert: Elachi not giving bonus marks.

darkfire8008darkfire8008 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Been doing the Red Alert: Elachi and managing to get the game closed in time for the 2.5x bonus reward however only receiving 35 marks upon completion. To test if it was the amount as the bonus, did a Red Alert: Borg and received the same amount of marks as the reward.

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The RA event queues do not grant bonus marks. This isn't a bug, it's wai.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Been doing the Red Alert: Elachi and managing to get the game closed in time for the 2.5x bonus reward however only receiving 35 marks upon completion. To test if it was the amount as the bonus, did a Red Alert: Borg and received the same amount of marks as the reward.

Nope not a bug. This weekend all RA's are on no cool down so you can play them again immediately if you like. Each run giving you 35 marks.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11006513
  • darkfire8008darkfire8008 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

Nope not a bug. This weekend all RA's are on no cool down so you can play them again immediately if you like. Each run giving you 35 marks.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11006513
    I have read that over and over, and nowhere does it state the originally designed optional objectives would be worthless. On top of that, you would suspect they would either keep them functioning or remove them from the Red Alerts as it will, especially initially as shown by my post, confusion as to them working. Or, as it seems to be, killing Red Alert ques because they no longer function and thus what's the point in not doing just Beta Quadrant stuff.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Yeah, on the landing page, which is bugged yet again and showing up on every single alt I log in on, the window showing the Elachi alert says that it will grant a 1.5x bonus to marks, yet is awarding the same as the other RA's.

I know the Daily Bonus is no longer applied to the RA's, (which is kinda stupid IMO, but, whatever) but the description for the Elachi alert clearly says it will reward bonus marks and it is not. My guess would be someone forgot to edit that part out and simply copy/pasted the old info. Not surprising, but it does make Cryptic look a tad bit foolish.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    As iamynauht noted, the text on the missions/queue launch page does not match the actual rewards given in the Elachi Red Alert. The text needs to be updated both on the missions page AND the Calendar Event notes. It is confusing because most people will likely log on to see the mission event text and just click queue without necessarily reading the patch notes.

Even just removing the "About" text in This Weekend would go far to solving the issue. Removing the event details from the calendar is also necessary. In the long run, both of these need an update to reflect the new RA Weekend system.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan