test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Think we'll get another Fed Discovery recruit event?

2»

Comments

• Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I don't want to hit Tier 5 (Or 6 now, ugh) on 12 different reps again! No DOffing, no Admiralty, no filling out 4 different spec trees, none of it! I can't take another grind! Q~Q
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. It would be too soon for a Discovery recruit event considering we kinda literally JUST got off a Gamma Recruit event.

I think it will be a bit more like how Romulans came in. We didn't have a Recruit event at all for that. Just "Hey we got a new faction! Here's a free character slot so you can experience the new content!"

That's what I see coming honestly.

If they do a recruit, it could be like the ViL where you start at 60. Or since ViL started at 60, they feel enough time will have passed for the abbreviated recruit of ViL by 'the fall' and it will be like AoY. And they are redoing the older content to not confuse Discovery watchers, then maybe it will be like AoY.

IMO, ViL seemed short and rushed to conclusion. I'd not be surprised if they had to cut it short when CBS said "YOU WILL DO DISCOVERY NOW!"
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    An AoD recruit would be the same as a AoY recruit. Do a few missions and get sent to the 25th Century at level 10. Only factions like Liberated Borg would warrant the ViL recruit treatment.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I don't want to hit Tier 5 (Or 6 now, ugh) on 12 different reps again! No DOffing, no Admiralty, no filling out 4 different spec trees, none of it! I can't take another grind! Q~Q

Welcome to Star Trek Online's newest, and oldest expansion, Grind for Life, with the up coming expansion, Age of More Grind for gear that isn't any better than what you already have!

Be sure to STOp buy the C-store though. We'll have some new ships to sale you, so you can grind out their mastery as well!

This message has been brought to you by, Pilfering Wallets Entertainment.

Have a nice day and enjoy the grind!
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Then don't. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    trennan wrote: »

Welcome to Star Trek Online's newest, and oldest expansion, Grind for Life, with the up coming expansion, Age of More Grind for gear that isn't any better than what you already have!

Be sure to STOp buy the C-store though. We'll have some new ships to sale you, so you can grind out their mastery as well!

Bah, you think this game is a grind...Korean MMOs laugh at the "grind" in this game. I mean seriously, don't need to play for for at least 40 hours a week...bah...weak sauce. I mean some of the more hard core ones need like 60 hours a week at least...on top of AFK aspects that requires your computer be on 24/7. Now those are enjoy the grind games.

Ah yes...Fond memories of the sweatshop known as Aion...Those were the days.

I still remember grinds in the first Everquest as well.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Bah, you think this game is a grind...Korean MMOs laugh at the "grind" in this game. I mean seriously, don't need to play for for at least 40 hours a week...bah...weak sauce. I mean some of the more hard core ones need like 60 hours a week at least...on top of AFK aspects that requires your computer be on 24/7. Now those are enjoy the grind games.

Oh I know. Did some time in Scarlet Blade, Revelations, Flyff, Aion, Swordsman, Aura Kingdom, and I few others I can't recall over the years. I'm just making fun of it, because I don't see it adding anything that we don't already have to the game. Just more of the same old stuff.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Simple, easy, and recycled. Just what Cryptic likes to do.

giphy.webp

All kidding aside, I 100% agree with you. Setting our expectations low means that we won't be disappointed.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Think we'll get another recruit event with a new Fed Discovery Era toon? Another free character slot for a new Fed-Disc toon?

Not yet announced. Likely NO.​​
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They're trying to push disco as a season not expansion so a recruitment is maybe less likely.

Whether we get a disco recruit to create and gather dust due to the overly timesinky and lazy design put into it (much like the jems got) will depend on the number of people still logging on for a few minutes a day to queue up the timesinks. Heaven forbid people might actually want to see some gameplay worth repeating.

Might also see one if CBS decide to give them another bribe, certainly worked for VIL being cut short.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Think we'll get another recruit event with a new Fed Discovery Era toon? Another free character slot for a new Fed-Disc toon?

Yes. I think it's likely. CBS is using STO to promote Discovery. I expect all the bells-and-whistles will be added to do so.

This, really - in theory, cross-promotion should introduce a new audience for both STO and Discovery, and for Discovery -> STO new people, a recruitment event to catch up on the 8 years they've presumably missed out on is a good idea. (an extra character slot has already been confirmed)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    I still remember grinds in the first Everquest as well.

I dont really recall grinding in EQ... I only recall camping for rare spawns... waiting your turn to go get J-boots. Think I stayed up for more than 24 hours. Ah to be young (stupid) again. (not that I am not stupid now since I still play games with my free time instead of doing other more productive activity)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Last I heard they were considering it but no decision has been made in either direction.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
    The answer is no, not this time. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.