test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Red Alert Special Events!

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2018

So this is how Cryptic is going to get FORCE people to use their new random queue system? By blackmailing players into doing it by taking away the BEST and FASTEST source of Rep Marks?

Can you AT LEAST FIX the bugs in the battlezones if you are going to take away the most popular, everyday queues?

They don't fix anything, this is just another example of the Cryptic 'quick fix.' They are basically too lazy to fix anything, so they are taking away the most desirable option thinking people will play broken or undesirable content out of lack of anything else to do.

It's a stupid approach and obviously won't work.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • valdoremakarvaldoremakar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    KEEP RED ALERTS AS ALL-THE-TIME, EVERYDAY, 30 MIN COOLDOWN - SIGN THE PETITION AT CHANGE.ORG

https://www.change.org/p/star-trek-online-red-alerts-available-every-day-not-a-weekend-only-event
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    KEEP RED ALERTS AS ALL-THE-TIME, EVERYDAY, 30 MIN COOLDOWN - SIGN THE PETITION AT CHANGE.ORG

https://www.change.org/p/star-trek-online-red-alerts-available-every-day-not-a-weekend-only-event

I'm sorry, I am liking this change of the red alert queues, so I wont be signing this petition.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

Why? If they aren't going to listen to the vast majority of the forum going this is a terrible change, what makes you think a third party petition will do anything? And honestly...at this point...the level of terrible choices they have made since the great "balance" patch...I just don't care anymore. I'm vaguely pondering if i even wanna come back for the winter event...but at this rate, they will probably frak that up too. Because honestly, they seem hell bent on me quitting this game.

Bad idea to listen to the forums, as they are a small subset of the community. Also honesty, i am seeing alot of overblown and unnecessary rage and over reaction about this change.

Also, S13 is no where as bad as you keep making it out to be. Yes, people's build's changed, and cryptic could have been a bit clearer with their communications regarding it. However, if everyone seriously believed their builds wouldn't be touched with the changes that were being done, for the betterment of the game, then they were living in a fantasy world. Additionally, they made the decision to use as many resources as they did for their builds, nobody forced them to "gold" everything.

Welcome to the world of MMO's, time to grow up. Relatively speaking, STO is one of kindest MMO's out there, in relation to how peoples builds and characters are changed, developed, or nerfed/buffed, it could be alot worse
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    has a change.org petition ever actually done anything?
  • faxmachine2faxmachine2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    This is a wonderful decision, and I'm sure the players will love it. It is certainly a great lead in to Star Trek Online: New Game Experience.
    Post edited by faxmachine2 on
    GO7jaHx.gif
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    It seems here and in the Ten-Forward Thread the Pro-Nerf Crowd seems to be under the absolutely wrong impression that people will suddenly play the abysmal and buggy Queues with incompetent and oftentime useless PuGs...

Why do you think that?! Just because there's nothing left?!
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
  • e4echoe4echo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    very disappointed with this extremely bad idea, I have tried the other ques and not a big fan of them so now in between content i will have nothing to do for basic entertainment thanks a lot.
  • husker1964husker1964 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't play a lot of the PVEs because I don't like them, as for PVPs, No. I don't mess with a couple of the RAs because I dislike. I can't see this forcing me to play them now. If anything this will decrease my time playing and I definitely won't be spending funds in the game now, I bought a few things here and there with cash, but I won't anymore.

Two of the RAs available for this weekend I despise. I refuse to play Nakuhl or Elachi RAs.
    Post edited by husker1964 on
  • valetharvalethar Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    This is an improvement how?
  • zorky63zorky63 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    > @duncanidaho11 said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Reminder: the Defense of Starbase One queue will offer choice of marks. You will have a direct alternative to alerts when AoD launches next week.

Except I have neither the interest in playing TRIBBLE content, nor bolstering their TRIBBLE content metrics .
    But it's nice that you pointed that out for the other players who might be less picky .
    edited October 2018
    saekiith wrote: »
    It seems here and in the Ten-Forward Thread the Pro-Nerf Crowd seems to be under the absolutely wrong impression that people will suddenly play the abysmal and buggy Queues with incompetent and oftentime useless PuGs...

Why do you think that?! Just because there's nothing left?!

Yes, there is a small but very vocal group of players (and Cryptic employees) that actually believe that you can inject life into undesirable content by removing any alternative. They believe that if you leave no other option, then players will do what you want them to do. This, of course, is obviously ridiculous but you cannot convince people who's argument is based on a complete lack of rational thought. The group arguing for this is the same group of 'counter posters' that just post arguments to anything because that's what they do. It's based on nothing but arguing for the sake of arguing.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I don't know why either...when most of us have flatly said we will just not play at ALL.

Yep, right now I don't have a lot of time during the week. I log on, do Admiralty and run Red Alerts for quick fun to break up the monotony. I will of course, still log in and do the Admiralty but now I am just going to log off when done and play something else for 'quick fun.' I don't even need the rewards, I just like being able to get into a quick and easy battle. Since STO no longer offers this option, I'll just find it elseware and limit the bulk of my STO time to playing with my fleet on weekends.

They can try and force me into TFO's all they want.. it's not happening.
  • faxmachine2faxmachine2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    valethar wrote: »
    This is an improvement how?
    Because now you have more options in what games to play Monday-Friday.
    GO7jaHx.gif
  • zorky63zorky63 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So Cryptic ... , you've taken out the "difficult" 1-2 hour 'raid' like STF's , and now you're taking out the easy 5 minute runs .

Keep going, you're almost there .
    What's funny is that kael even took to twitter to whine about all the negative reactions (the feedback on reddit is overwhelmingly against this idea.)

You think you're frustrated kael? Imagine being on this side.. watching your bad ideas destroy this game and being powerless to do anything about it.

Now THAT is frustrating.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Yeah okay wow that's a really bad idea you guys got there.
  • tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    You should urgently remove CCA as well. And please do not fix any of the god awful STF's people will now be forced to randomly play. It will ruin the game experience. Probably also remove all marks from all players too, some might have a stash big enough to not play the wonderful new system at all.

*irony off*

That is a REALLY REALLY bad idea......
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Why is Cryptic set on tying to make me play the game how they want me to play, not how I want to play? Yet another in a line of poor decisions.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    That would explain why some missions (Future Proof) cannot be skipped.
  • ayexeyenayexeyen Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    It's a terrible decision.
    As many people have already said:
    - you are taking away popular content to fix the lack of people participating in others STF
    - you should FIX the others STF, make them more fun and resolve the problems (undine infiltrator is broken since a year, Assault on Terok Nor it's extremely hard at the console point, try to do a riddle when you are shot at)
    - why don't you analyze what's make an STF good? Most of the fun STF are SHORT. Longer STF should be more rewarding to be played.
    - "Competitive" are rarely RUN, why? They requires 10 players! maybe we can go down to 3 vs 3?

But hey, I am sure you will ignore all our feedback. I am getting tired of this. For years we have reported bugs, for months I have reported a graphic problems with the "timeline stabilizer" and nothing changed. More, Borticus told us to write bug reports, bug reports that get systematically ignored. Why guys? Why??
  • greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I wish to add my voice of discontent to this decision.
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I am seconding the motion to at least change RA to only rewarding omnimarks on their respective weekend event, but otherwise rewarding thematic marks only.
  • captmack68captmack68 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Wow. Really looking forward to dropping into some random queue, hoping my setup is correct or hasn't been randomly un-equipped. Maybe it will be full of people as clueless as I am about this particular queue and we'll struggle for 15 minutes before failing. OR, even better, the meta-munching dps jockey who haunts the queue and feels a moral imperative to vape the screen solo will clean it all up before I figure out what I'm supposed to do and get AFK'd and have to wait 2 more hours to try this all over again . . . .I think you guys confused "challenging" with "frustrating" ... they really are not the same thing.

note: my opinion is my own and yours probably won't change it. Do not be confused by my lack of forum posts. Been playing since 2012.

edit: Was rightfully called out on another thread for the tone of this post. The post was meant to be sarcastic, not insulting. DPS players are not the problem. It's the lack of mitigation for new / lower skilled players other than 'git gud' to avoid AFK penalties after struggling with an unfamiliar queue. I'm going to go make a sacrifice to the edit monster, now.
    Post edited by captmack68 on
This discussion has been closed.