test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best weapons for Away missions.

kane#6133 kane Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I've reached the point of frustration here. While my Away team is equipped with high price weapons they have little or no effect against enemies and are quickly overwhelmed. Any suggestions on what I should look out for?

Comments

• ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It greatly depends on your level and the level of the weapons you're using... Are you lvl65, and if that's the case, have you upgraded your weapons and gear to mark XV? This should already make a massive difference.

Also, what is the composition of your Away team? Most of the time, you'll need three tactical officers, one engineer, and one science (preferably with healing abilities such as Medical tricorder or Nanite health monitor).

Finally, be sure that you're playing on Normal mode and not on Advanced or Elite mode. NPCs are notably deadlier on higher difficulty, and can be quite hard to defeat if you're unprepared (the difficulty can be changed in the "In Progress" tab of you mission window).
    Post edited by ashstorm1 on
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    With rare exceptions I generally equip my away team with whatever weapons I find with the highest DPS numbers and I generally have no problems. Exceptions being that on a few toons, one of my boffs might have the shotgun just because I have one on that toon but I don't use it myself. I do have a collection of tr-116s in my account bank that I sometimes equip if I'm facing Borg, if I think about it.

Unless you are playing on advanced or elite just equipping your boffs with the highest dps weapons you happen to have should be plenty good enough, even if they are a few mark levels below what they are capable of using. That, and making sure they all have remodulators equipped if you are facing borg. It has never failed me, although the only toons I have done any ground combat with above lvl 60 were my new Jems, so it might be different above 60. Then again, my Jems boffs are running around with the same Mk XII stuff they started with and it's been serving just fine.

Although there are likely much better set ups, I generally run with 2 eng, 1 sci, 1 tac/command, no matter what my captain is. There used to be a thread titled "Immortal boff skills combo for ground" (that for some reason has disappeared) that listed that combo and what skills to give them, I tried it, it's been working fantastic for me, so I just stick with it. If interested, pm me and I'll check one of toons that I know has that set up so I can give you an exact list of skills. It's not really required as other people swear by other set ups, it just helped me immensely compared to what I had been doing.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png