test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 9/26/18

Tribble has been updated to ST.90.20180917a.10

General:
  • Resolved an issue that was allowing Bridge Officers access to all ranks of powers.
  • Resolved a crash that was occurring when running 32bit AMD hardware.
  • Resolved and issued in the TOS mission journal to correctly gate availability of missions in various story arcs based on completion of prior missions.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent any character below level 50 from accepting the "Warehouse" mission on New Romulus.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing "Storming the Spire” to not unlock when you have the TFO: Dyson Sphere mission in progress or completed.
  • Resolved an issue that caused tall grass to float during the Romulan tutorial.
  • Resolved an issue that should now allow lower-level players to talk to Foreman Kylor on New Romulus to do the New Romulus intro mission now
  • Altered Romulan Ambassador on ESD to be able to talk to player if player can accept the New Romulus Handoff mission, so you can accept this mission in person or via remote journal.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented progression during the mission Doomsday Device.
  • "Doomsday Device": The "borrowed" bird-of-prey now uses level-adjusting gear, so higher-level captains should have an easier time with this mission.
  • Resolve an issue during “Doomsday Device”, where the system name would not appear when loading into the mission.
  • Added auto-nav, transwarp, and waypoints to "The Galaxy at Large”.
  • New Romulus: Halved the amount of work necessary to complete personal missions at various locations (river, ruins, mountains, forest, and staging area).
  • Resolved an issue where episode were unable to be replayed in the Borg Advance story arc.
  • "Darkness Before the Dawn": Updated mission text to refer to Beta Quadrant instead of the (removed) Psi Velorum Sector Block.
  • Resolved an issue that would make "Lost City of Paradise" mission unavailable for players under level 22.
  • Resolve an issue during “Stranded in Space”, when playing as a Tactical Officer, the side objective console would not completely clear out all enemies.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing Romulan Imperial Minefield from appearing in the TFO list once it was unlocked via the mission journal.
  • Completion perk for the Klingon War arc now also requires completion of "TFO: Romulan Imperial Minefield" and "The Galaxy at Large."
  • Removed level minimum for use of the Dyson gateway in the Jouret system.
  • Resolved an issue that causing enemies to not match the players level when on New Romulus.
  • Resolve an issue that was causing “Secrets of the Ancients” to give out incorrect rewards.
    • Now awards Experience points and Expertise.
  • Hidden Camera, Secret Shuttle codes, Web access, Latest findings, and Secrets of the Ancients can now be dropped and replayed.
  • Adjusted the ship movement of the Son’a Dreadnought, so that it no longer collides with the player during “Brushfire.

UI:
  • Added a new “Operation Complete” notification that will appear once player have successfully completed a Task Force Operation.
  • Resolved an issue that would allow players to queue multiple reputation projects in one slot.
  • Duty Officer Menu no longer displays blank and empty tabs.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented players from removing items from their sell list at the Exchange.
  • General Floater Tip will no longer automatically fade away.
  • Resolved an issue when slotting a reputation project, the text would become left aligned.

Systems:
  • Removed level requirements for Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the Tier of Reward boxes received by completing Daily/Hourly projects to be inconsistent.
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing the Hourly Dilithium project from ever appearing in the Dyson Joint Command Reputation.
  • "Energy Refrequencer" Reputation Trait now lists its per-trigger healing caps. Those caps have been increased from 25 to 100 at Rank 1, and to 150 at Rank 2.
  • Resolved a tooltip calculation error on "Automated Protomatter Conduits" Reputation Trait.
  • Resolved an issue with the Phaser Full Auto Rifle (Dsc) which could cause it to fail to deal damage on some shots.
  • Fixed a tooltip display error in the "Advanced Engines (Rank 2)" Reputation Trait in Delta Expedition Reputation.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing the Adaptive Transphasic Torpedo from being awarded at the correct level when completing, “Fluid Dynamics”.
  • Resolved a tooltip error on "Console - Universal - Ordnance Accelerator" displaying two Polaron bonuses.
    • It now correctly displays one Polaron and one Phaser, and both bonuses now function correctly.
  • Resolved an error preventing the new Phaser version of Advanced Inhibiting weaponry from benefiting from the same special procs as the original Polaron version.
  • Resolved a miscalculation in the damage values being used by Phaser version of the Advanced Inhibiting Heavy Turret.
  • Resolved an issue where the Borg Prosthetic parts were being awarded at the incorrect mark level.
  • Resolved an issue where the Vaadwaur Cluster Torpedo were being awarded at the incorrect mark level.

Comments

• natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Any hints on when the Discovery Era will be unlocked for players to try out?
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    natthaan wrote: »

Yes, this! When I saw the Disco-era logo on the create tab, I was horribly disappointed to see we couldn't yet make a Disco character. You guys really know how to tease.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    considering disco goes live in 2 wks, i would imagine between now and saturday it should be live on the tribble server.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2018
    mike03uc wrote: »

Yes, this! When I saw the Disco-era logo on the create tab, I was horribly disappointed to see we couldn't yet make a Disco character. You guys really know how to tease.

That is making the assumption that they intend to release those episodes for pre-release testing.

They don't always do that. They usually only release episodes fro pre-launch testing when they are part of an Expansion.

Age of Discovery is not an Expansion. It's Season 15. Seasons don't usually get pre-launch testing on their featured episodes.
  • dvbordendvborden Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Please fix Account Bank functionality if this patch didn't address this problem. Please.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »

That is making the assumption that they intend to release those episodes for pre-release testing.

They don't always do that. They usually only release episodes fro pre-launch testing when they are part of an Expansion.

Age of Discovery is not an Expansion. It's Season 15. Seasons don't usually get pre-launch testing on their featured episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the tutorial up before launch to make sure VO, environmental art, etc., are in their proper places. But like you, I doubt the actual episodes will go up.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Unrelated to Primar's post (which is why I'm double-posting, so mods, feel free to merge this into my other post), if this Tribble build was meant to allow skipping all missions, I still can't. One character got hung up on Yesterday's War, and the character in question had completed Temporal Ambassador.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    primar13 wrote: »

Discovery will come with it's own tutorial, it's an expansion that comes as part of a new Season, just like all the other expansions.

I think one reason that they haven't released Discovery on Tribble yet is they're worried about the backlash. Let's face it, Discovery ISN'T the most popular series of Trek ever made, Even Enterprise was better received than Discovery. I believe that the devs will release the tutorial and the first few episodes of the new expansion, they need us to QA the missions after all. But they will delay them as long as possible to minimize the backlash from the people who, like me, hate Discovery.
    Post edited by badgerpants999 on
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    moonroach wrote: »
    Tribble has been updated to ST.90.20180917a.10

General:
    • Resolved an issue that would allow players to queue multiple reputation projects in one slot.

This is should read Removed the ability to queue multiple reputation projects in one slot

The issues that causes are that any existing projects queued are unavailable to remove or queue elsewhere. And you have halved the number of event slots available... There are going to be screams of players complaining you have deleted historical projects just because they cannot see them anymore
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    I have watched both Discovery and Orville *noting orville isnt star trek* and i prefer the Orville over Discovery.
    Orville is written with the exploration aspect in mind at least to me which makes it far more entertaining than WAR in Discovery. If Discovery changes its direction great, but if they continue with the constant new war bit and its always war instead of exploration, my opinion of Discovery will fall lower than it did last season and um if it falls any more i will likely quit watching Discovery and opt to watch Orville.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Watching them is not an either/or proposition. You can watch both. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    But it is in the USA...Discovery you have to opt in to buy CBS All Access or it is no you can't watch it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • om3ga13om3ga13 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Discovery I have enjoyed, I welcome the new star trek. Every star trek has had it's own base theme discovery does too and its enjoyable if that is what you like or don't mind. As far as tribble goes would love to test the up coming season however they usually don't put them up to test so either way still excited.
  • dalmaru23dalmaru23 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i personally like Discovery but i can understand where other people are coming from who hate Discovery I am hoping that with Age of Discovery it will be received with the same excitement that that fans of this game have always shown despite the show facing considerable hate from people who don't think Discover is trek i look at it this way it takes a look at the grittier side of starfleet
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    But it is in the USA...Discovery you have to opt in to buy CBS All Access or it is no you can't watch it.

Paywalls stink.
    edited September 2018
    Testing today: Character Select Screen issue: zooms into feet if characters sign out in a space map. This behavior has been corrected. If anyone cares over there.

Tested by signing into my character, moved them to Sector or System space, signing out...scrolling one by one through all characters in the Select screen to check the zoom on them.

Moving to the next character, moved them to space map, signing out....checking all character's zoom again....etc..... Until all 7 characters were sitting in space maps when signed out. (previously, when all 7 were in space all 7 were zoomed incorrectly).

Never saw the issue crop up, every character are at the proper zoom whether on space or ground.

Though I have to note: the more characters one scrolls through in that character select screen, the longer the program takes to "snap" to the correct zoom. Not sure why. This can be corrected by signing into a character and back out.

When not testing...I know to not click through so many characters before settling on one to sign in on. And I usually do not. LOL!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    Hmmm.... beaming my Romulan back to a ground map (Qo'nos, First City and Shipyard, to be exact) I am not seeing the transporter beam animation on her.

I will check that a few more times and test on other locations. Though, you may have already heard from plenty of Romulans from other sources, already.

OK...I verified this is a problem with Romulans and the maps at Qo'nos. First City, First City: Shipyard, and Klingon Academy maps.... no animation on beam in or beam out.

Only time I saw the animation on my Romulan is when I use the "Beam to Ship" button on the mini map from First City or First City: Shipyard. Of course, that button is disabled on Klingon Academy map.

Forgot to mention, tested on Ganalda Station, and on New Romulus Command, New Romulus proper.

And I am out of time, have to get dinner started.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

One more thing before I go: Vanity shield visuals....still getting disabled when decloaking using the Enhanced Battle Cloak.

• shermanator87shermanator87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    please fix the issue with the account bank
    please fix the issue with the account bank

Is the Account Bank supposed to work on Tribble? I thought that was cut off on Tribble.

edited September 2018
    My characters that completed Gamma Reputation on Tribble....starting from 0 points to Tier 6 (250,000).... there are three of them.

Skill tree is still stuck in INVALID condition "Retrain" button active..... but NOT able to respec.
    Still get a fly in notification that "Respec completed". But the invalid skills and "Retrain" button persist.

I have deleted 2 of those characters and copied them back over a-new. Over the weekend I will take them through Gamma Reputation, again. Check to see if this glitch has been cleared up. I kept the third since she has unlocked and purchased 6 of the Rep Vanity shields.

Meantime, I am going to go play on Holodeck....if you don't mind. :)

• crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Finally, I get to get on!

I will agree with the dislike of the revamped rep window. I didn't see anything wrong with it before. I also can tell you I'll be mad if this deletes any previously slotted "historical" event projects, like the Dyson ship, or other older event projects. I am slowly working toward being able to get those taken care of, but it's very time consuming, and you have to wait for the events for the specific things to be able to farm those.

I am one of those who will slot the daily multiple times, so that I can just start it right away without having to go into the list and select the project. I enjoy having a fresh one on the back burner, ready to go when the first one finishes.

Mission journal... I'm admittedly on the fence about that one. I didn't see anything really wrong with the progression before, though would like to be able to skip at will if at a high enough level.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
    edited September 2018
    One more thing I was seeing on previous Tribble that continue in this build: Competitive Reputation Vanity Shield visual behavior with Cloaking. This shield visual goes through a 2-step cloaking/de-cloaking process.

On cloaking: 1.) Shield visual disappears. Pause. 2.) Ship disappears.

On de-cloak: 1.) Ship appears. Pause. 2.) Shield visuals appears.

++++++++++++++++++++

Also, seems to be some issues with the tailor on the KDF side. And it may NOT just be on Tribble since I saw similar behavior with the tailor on Holodeck.

I am finally able to figure out while working with tailor on Tribble...if I want to see my customization in the tailor, I need to enter the tailor, twice.

The first time I sign into the tailor, it will show the default view of that ship. The second time I sign into the tailor, it will show the customized ship and can edit it from that point.

I have not isolated it down to : individual ships that the tailor responds to this way....or if it is every ship.

To reproduce issue: Switch active ship. Go to Ship Tailor.

Make some glaringly obvious paint job or give it a good editing with parts and pieces...just so you can tell it is changed. Click on "Apply Changes"...."Do you want to save this ship?" dialog...whatever it says...say YES you want to save that.

It will immediately take you out of the Tailor.

Look in Ship Status....you should see the ship in it's full glorious clashing colors.

Go back to Tailor. You will see the blank (boring) default view of that ship. Hit "Cancel".
    Go back to Tailor. You will see the ship you customized.

Like I said....I have NO clue which ships do this in the tailor because I have only looked at my Kor, T-5 Vor'Cha, and my Pilot Raptors (which do not work in the tailor at all on Tribble).

Hey! I am making a new KDF character on Tribble....there is no audio to go with the KDF Welcome video.

• shermanator87shermanator87 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @where2r1 yes the account bank should work on tribble, i never had problems until the AoD patch
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    @where2r1 yes the account bank should work on tribble, i never had problems until the AoD patch

I have several stacks of Lobi crystals stored in my Account Bank that agrees.

my friend who has toons on tribble agrees because he has almost a mountain of lobi crystals in his account bank and several ships that he can't take out
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,331 Arc User
    dalmaru23 wrote: »

my friend who has toons on tribble agrees because he has almost a mountain of lobi crystals in his account bank and several ships that he can't take out

Perhaps it's because Cryptic have realised that people are using Tribble to 'play the game', rather than Holodeck. Remember that Tribble is just a test server, so functionality WILL be limited in some cases. People shouldn't be 'exploiting' the system to rack up 'premium' Lobi.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    dalmaru23 wrote: »

Perhaps it's because Cryptic have realised that people are using Tribble to 'play the game', rather than Holodeck. Remember that Tribble is just a test server, so functionality WILL be limited in some cases. People shouldn't be 'exploiting' the system to rack up 'premium' Lobi.

i understand that but there are certain thing that can be used to test from the lobi store so my friend can get the stuff and give them to people who want to test stuff out like ships