test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak Removes Vanity Shield Visuals.

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
OK... clowning around with the Vanity shields I unlocked.... Competitive, Lukari, Omega, Undine, New Rom, Gamma, Temporal.

When my BoP goes into cloak....it turns into that transparent mode (like it is supposed to).
When I decloak....it returns without the Vanity shields visuals at all.

I have to remove the shield from the visual slot and put it back in before the vanity shield colors come back.

Sooooo...you fixed the problem with being able to see the cloaked ship because the visuals....
But...opposite problem, now....visuals do not come back when cloak is turned off.
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    You know what? I am probably just going to pass on all these Vanity Shields on my Klingons.

BUT I will switch to my T-5 Vor'Cha and see if cloak has the same behavior there. I am pretty sure it will work the same way...but just in case.....

NOTE: Kor BoP had the Type 1 Material setting. I am changing the Vor'Cha to Type 2 Material setting.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    Tested Vor'Cha with Type 2 Materials....that works....except for Competitive Vanity Shields visuals.

Problem with Competitive Vanity Shields...it goes through a two step cloaking and decloaking process. The Vanity visuals disappear then the ship cloaks....ship reappears then the Vanity visuals pop back up.
    I think it is missing the animation.

I am going to switch Vor'Cha to Type 1 and check that. That could be the actual problemo.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Vor'Cha with Type 1....that works....except for Competitive Vanity Shields has the two steps going on.

Vor'Cha with Type 0....that works....except for Competitive has the two steps behavior.

Vor'Cha with Type 3...that works....except Competitive has the two step behavior.

Vor'Cha with Mirror Materials...that works...except Competitive has the two step behavior.

You mean to tell me my BoP is broken? Wahhhh!
    More importantly...how about my Pilot Raptors....I actually spent real moola on those.

So. Guess what is getting checked next?
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited September 2018
    Ok...all three Pilot Raptors are fine. Whew.
    Competitive is broken with the two step cloaking visual on all tests so far.

And these Pilot Raptors look nice with the visuals on them.
    If you are going to show off Shield visuals on KDF ships....USE THE PILOT RAPTORS.
    Pilot raptors are locked to their default look, no colors...they don't even show up in the ship tailor.

No multiple Materials testing....just the one default.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

So, back to Kor with Type 1 Materials.

I hope to god that it is some glitch that clears while testing and not repeatable.

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    It's apparently a bug with all ships with Enhanced Battle Cloak. Shield visuals being removed upon decloak.
    edited September 2018
    OH NOOOO! It is my Kor BoP that is broken!! The shield visuals refuse to come back after cloaking and decloaking. :(

Kor with Type 1....cloak removed visual on the Vanity shield. Not just on the new rep ones, I tried the Bajor and Jem'Hadar shields, those do the same thing.

Great...now the ship tailor is not loading changes to the Kor BoP at all. I can not switch to a different material nor switch any options (trade parts, colors, etc)....though it shows up in the tailor. I am going to reboot the darn program.

Hmmm....Kor BoP just acts very odd when in the tailor. The tailor doesn't seem to recognize the actual "outfit" on the ship once you exit. If you view the ship in the Status page....it shows the "outfit" it left the tailor in. If you go back into the Tailor...the tailor shows some default view....it seems to have completely forgotten what it just did.

I had to "save loadout" to make sure it stayed put...since I wanted to make sure the program used certain materials....and B'Rel and Koloth parts stayed on....during the darn testing part.

+++++++++++++++++

I think this is it for me tonight.

Problems with Kor BoP on Tribble...shield visuals refuse to materialize after decloaking.
    This is using all material types. I tried using B'Rel and Koloth "outfits"...no change.

Used the new Rep shields: Competitive, Lukari, Omega, Undine, New Rom, Gamma, Temporal and ones already had, which were the Jem'Hadar and Bajor.

Strangely, looking at the ship on the status page...it will show using the Vanity visuals.
    Just gone on the ship on the game screen.

Will need to test on Holodeck....too bad servers are down for maintenance, tomorrow. I am going to bed.

Sad that my BoP is screwy with visuals and in the ship tailor.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

It's apparently a bug with all ships with Enhanced Battle Cloak. Shield visuals being removed upon decloak.

Thanks, Imperator....that realization hit me this morning upon waking up. The difference was that Enhanced Battle Cloak...

As I ran through my head what other ship did I own with Enhanced Battle Cloak to check on?? And I was thinking, maybe my Romulan level up ships....and wondering why more Romulan players didn't post notes in here about the new Rep Visuals.

And assumed: no one was really dying to see them on their own ships, like I was? It is a pain going through leveling the Rep from Tier 5 to Tier 6....even with free marks. And that I will unlock the other visuals on my Romulan, anyways....at least, the 5 I did not unlock on the Klingon.

• imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »

Thanks, Imperator....that realization hit me this morning upon waking up. The difference was that Enhanced Battle Cloak...

As I ran through my head what other ship did I own with Enhanced Battle Cloak to check on?? And I was thinking, maybe my Romulan level up ships....and wondering why more Romulan players didn't post notes in here about the new Rep Visuals.

And assumed: no one was really dying to see them on their own ships, like I was? It is a pain going through leveling the Rep from Tier 5 to Tier 6....even with free marks. And that I will unlock the other visuals on my Romulan, anyways....at least, the 5 I did not unlock on the Klingon.

Far as I know, the only ships with enchanced battle cloak in STO are the high-tier BoP variants (Kor), the T5/T6 T'varo and variants (Malem, the romulan TOS promo ship), and the Faeht Intel Warbird.

I have the Faeht myself, and the bug is annoying.
    edited September 2018
    I was just looking to see how the new Rep visuals would be on my computer. I have a computer that is a few years old....use Lighting 1. When it comes to graphics it is good to pass along to the Devs what I see. So, they can compile data from different set ups.

Though, this problem turned out tied to a ship cloak...not different materials type.

For some reason I thought all the Romulan ships had different cloaks...just wasn't sure about the "enhanced" part. I will still double check with the Wiki to straighten it out in my head.

I don't like using the Romulan ships because of the Singularity mechanic, I don't own very many. I rather stick with more basic controls. Which is why I am moving back to T-5 Vor'Cha.