test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Age of Discovery: Secrets

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
In the first episode of Age of Discovery, you are investigating a Klingon Raid on a Starfleet Reasearch facility. What Secrets will you uncover?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005613

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    hype blogs are the worst ... ;)

True, but this gives us an idea of what to expect in regards to 2409 toons in regards to the Discovery missions. Unlike AoY, there's no time travel here.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Happy to see one of the old clusters involved in a storyline mission. I still remember venturing in into the Delta Volan(t)is Cluster.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    Secrets is the first episode available to Discovery-era Captains after completing the tutorial. It will also be available to 2409 and TOS-era Captains as a historical simulation, in the mission journal after Victory is Life. Go boldly in the Age of Discovery!
    What about those of us in 2410?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Secrets is the first episode available to Discovery-era Captains after completing the tutorial. It will also be available to 2409 and TOS-era Captains as a historical simulation, in the mission journal after Victory is Life. Go boldly in the Age of Discovery!

We'll be experiencing this mission through the use of the holodeck.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I also miss Delta Volanis. Fun times.

Let's hope they encourage players to cross paths on social maps - including fleet starbases - to visit actual holodecks.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    thay8472 wrote: »

Actually, 2410 characters will be using a holodeck to experience the experience of a 2409 captain experiencing the mission from a holodeck.

If the calendar moves forward to 2411 those characters will use a holodeck to experience the experience of a 2410 captain on a holodeck experiencing the experience of a 2409 captain experiencing the mission on a holodeck.

:tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Okay, while I am aware of how it is intended, I must say that I found the wording of the new mission to be rather humorous.

"This is Admiral Kensington. I have a special assignment for you. A Klingon raiding party attacked one of our science stations near the Delta Volanis Cluster. Please assist them in any way you can."

So.....we are to assist the Klingon raiding party??
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure the meaning is to assist the science station. :*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    thanks but no thanks will be having no part in any TRIBBLE missions
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Admiral Kensington? Kinzie Kensington?? :D:dizzy:news41172_1-agents_of_mayhem_adds_kinzie_kensington_to_roster_with_agent_safeword_dlc.jpg
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »

Actually, 2410 characters will be using a holodeck to experience the experience of a 2409 captain experiencing the mission from a holodeck.

If the calendar moves forward to 2411 those characters will use a holodeck to experience the experience of a 2410 captain on a holodeck experiencing the experience of a 2409 captain experiencing the mission on a holodeck.

:tongue:
    I see what you did there and I applaud your humor, my dear Dune Fan. :smiley:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • ronthefanronthefan Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I'd prefer actual answers.
    Is there going to be a recruitment event or is making a Discovery toon (I'd use a more insulting but accurate word, but I won't) not worth my time or slots?
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    It will also be available to 2409 and TOS-era Captains as a historical simulation

I don't really like this. It's bad enough the TOS Starfleet characters only have a handful of unique missions to their name, but now it sounds like the Discovery-era characters don't have any unique content at all.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • melwinggamesmelwinggames Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't mean this as a complaint, only as honest feedback: I don't think Discovery content is going to help the game.
  • madmart6909#9946 madmart6909 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Can't say I'm even remotely interested in a discovery expansion. I will have to sit this one out. the show is terrible and i really can't see where this new content will add anything interesting to the game
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    I don't really like this. It's bad enough the TOS Starfleet characters only have a handful of unique missions to their name, but now it sounds like the Discovery-era characters don't have any unique content at all.
    They have said repeatedly since announcing AoD that all missions will be cross faction.

Why do people care about unique mission numbers anyways?

some people like factions not fractions
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    hype blogs are the worst ... ;)

True, but this gives us an idea of what to expect in regards to 2409 toons in regards to the Discovery missions. Unlike AoY, there's no time travel here.

But there will be time travel involved with AoD characters since there has to be some method for them to get to the 25th Century. There is the possibility of dimensional travel instead of time travel, but that only creates its own set of problems since there is no proof that every parallel universe treats time the same. Some universes could be travelling faster than others while others might have started earlier or later than others. So it could be the 23rd Century in some parallel universes and 27th Century in other parallel universes. If AoD Captains use dimensional travel to get to the 25th Century, then AoD must be in a universe parallel to the STO Universe.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »
    Okay, while I am aware of how it is intended, I must say that I found the wording of the new mission to be rather humorous.

"This is Admiral Kensington. I have a special assignment for you. A Klingon raiding party attacked one of our science stations near the Delta Volanis Cluster. Please assist them in any way you can."

So.....we are to assist the Klingon raiding party??

Please let us help the Klingons! It'd make AoD so much more fun!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,247 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Crossfield Class (or at least a contemporary of it) interior confirmed.
    They've said since the announcement that USS Glenn will be involved in a mission, so a Crossfield-class ship is involved in the story.

That highly suggests that we're getting an interior as well.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Admiral Kensington? Kinzie Kensington?? :D:dizzy:news41172_1-agents_of_mayhem_adds_kinzie_kensington_to_roster_with_agent_safeword_dlc.jpg
    Kinzie is probably better than Wilhelmina:
    2063362-wilhelmina3.jpg
    For reference she's not killing one of her ENEMIES...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Crossfield Class (or at least a contemporary of it) interior confirmed.

I noticed that too. I have a Crossfield class ship myself, I hope those who have the Crossfield get the bridge. Cryptic pretty please
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @ronthefan said:
    > I'd prefer actual answers.
    > Is there going to be a recruitment event or is making a Discovery toon (I'd use a more insulting but accurate word, but I won't) not worth my time or slots?

We don't know yet.....if there is a TRIBBLE recruitment event they may have some good stuff to make a resource pylon worth it.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    In the first episode of Age of Discovery, you are investigating a Klingon Raid on a Starfleet Reasearch facility. What Secrets will you uncover?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11005613

Sounds interesting.

Looking at the picture of the Vulcan examining the body, having two chest badges on each boot are not only excessive, but impractical too boot. How many times a person could be tripped up as the boot badges getting caught with fabrics, objects and plants before someone decides to toss them aside?
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    It will also be available to 2409 and TOS-era Captains as a historical simulation
    @ambassadorkael#6946

Be sure to make it an un-skippable mission. That will go over VERY WELL with some people around here.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    x
    > ronthefan said:
    > I'd prefer actual answers.
    > Is there going to be a recruitment event or is making a Discovery toon (I'd use a more insulting but accurate word, but I won't) not worth my time or slots?

We don't know yet.....if there is a TRIBBLE recruitment event they may have some good stuff to make a resource pylon worth it.

Every faction that Cryptic created since the first Recruitment Event has added a new Recruitment Event. The only question is if it will be as extensive as the Delta and Temporal Recruitment Events or as lousy as the Jem'Hadar Recruitment Event.