Install Arc

Ambient with Combat Behavior Explanation of Variables

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    wrote:
    itsmiami wrote: »

Use a friendly group and change the individual costumes to Remans. They'll play nice then.
    A big drawback is that the ships will still fight like the "original" group, so either the Terran's won't use Phasersor the Remans won't use Disruptors and Plasma Torpedoes. (I think it's really that strong of a difference, I don't think the Terran Empire plays well with anyone, and Remans and Feds are hostile to each other.)

That's why I would prefer if it was possible to set allegience either this way:
    - Always Hostile to Player Faction
    - Always Neutral to all Factions
    - Always Friendly to Player Faction

Maybe even better would be if we could specificy mission specific factions and could assign enemy groups these factions.

The current system (and even the one I proposed above) is severely limited.

An approach from another direction would be that one could set the "fighting style" seperately from the faction. So you could pick the Klingon faction for determining all allegiences, but set the weapon set to Breen and the costumes to an assortment of generic ships, to basically have a group of a "new" faction that fights similar to Breen but is hostile to Federation ships and allied to Klingons.
    edited December 2010
    okay, i'm setting up a klingon mission and everytime i try and play the mission it says my toon isn't the right allegiance, when it is a klingon toon. what gives?
    edited December 2010
    OOOH thats why I couldnt see wandering!! Thanks you fixed one of my pretty big issues.
    edited December 2010
    Mistclaw96 wrote: »
    okay, i'm setting up a klingon mission and everytime i try and play the mission it says my toon isn't the right allegiance, when it is a klingon toon. what gives?

You need to make sure the initial entry point is in Klingon Space. It defaults to Earth Spacedock.

I thought it was a bug at first! ;)
    edited December 2010
    I am running into a problem with animations.

They all work correctly in foundry preview...when I publish and try it on the live side.
    They don't do them.....they end up standing on thier consoles instead of sitting like intended.

Meow
    edited December 2010
    I am running into a problem with animations.

They all work correctly in foundry preview...when I publish and try it on the live side.
    They don't do them.....they end up standing on thier consoles instead of sitting like intended.

Meow
    Yeah, idle and chat animations are currently broke in published missions, unfortunately. Hopefully it gets fixed in the next update.
    edited May 2011
    At first this information seems obvious. :rolleyes: However, as I write more and more stories for the foundry, this article makes more sense and is very useful.

Thank you.:)
    edited January 2012
    Even though I've read and understood what each function is...I'm still lost...I'm trying to take one 1 NPC ship in Ambient without Combat to being Ambient With Combat...and I'm not seeing where I can choose to make it as one. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    edited January 2012
    edited February 2012
    Even though I've read and understood what each function is...I'm still lost...I'm trying to take one 1 NPC ship in Ambient without Combat to being Ambient With Combat...and I'm not seeing where I can choose to make it as one. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

I don't think you can. I've tried to do the same thing.

I've also noticed that when I put something in the text box for an enemy ship to say something when entering in battle, it says nothing. Perhaps ships are not meant to 'speak' ?
    edited May 2012
    I'm not sure if it's co-incidence as I haven't had time to confirm it, but are objects that are "job enabled" the ones that have a red figurine indicating a positon on them? When I've enabled jobs, they do seem to correspond with those sorts of consoles.

Also, is it normal for an NPC to sprint between tasks? Is there some way to control this in a similar manner to "wander speed"? It seems pretty random, and I don't know if it's one of those hiccups that's filtered out by publishing or not.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can 'wander path nodes' be set manually ? I'd like to setup a patrol route for my NPC with these nodes until the player interacts with him.

Currently when I setup my NPC to wander he remains stationary until the player ship interacts with him even tho I set the wander to yes, the speed pretty high, and the distance to long. I see there are marker nodes and was hoping they were usable for my purpose, but they didn't work.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    nope. I wish...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Can 'wander path nodes' be set manually ? I'd like to setup a patrol route for my NPC with these nodes until the player interacts with him.

Currently when I setup my NPC to wander he remains stationary until the player ship interacts with him even tho I set the wander to yes, the speed pretty high, and the distance to long. I see there are marker nodes and was hoping they were usable for my purpose, but they didn't work.

Quick FYI, wandering doesn't work in preview, you have to test it in publish
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • kissmyasspwkissmyasspw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    What I want to know is how do you make a costume walk from point a to point b on the same map? And how do you go from on map to the other without bringing your away team?
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    1) there is a setting for npcs called patrol that lets you set path nodes. Otherwise you set them to wander and max out the points they wander to

2) not an option directly and I don't think the old 'set a spawn point at the edge of the map so your boffs spawn outside it's works anymore. Plus if you are grouped YOU will likely spawn outside the map
This discussion has been closed.