test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queueing Issues

tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
1. When a countdown starts for any queue you are likely to NOT get an option to accept (which sometimes results in getting kicked from the queue for not accepting).

2. If you do get the option to accept and do so, you sometimes have to go through multiple countdowns accepting as, one suspects, someone else queueing gets the countdown but no option to accept and the queue thus doesn't start as not all queued accepted.

3. This is especially bad on the now running Crystalline Event that needs 10 players. One sometimes has to sit there through multiple countdowns, 10+ is no exception before being able to actually play it (while sometimes having to re-queue for getting kicked because of aforementioned problems).

Please @engineerb4#4806 & @chrian#9670 9670, this needs attention. This is a very important aspect of your game and it is hurting it. Thank you.

One really wonders why the overhaul of the queueing system that before worked just fine without any issues. It wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing. Don't even get me started on team/private queueing that was easy, effortless and working under the old system without having to perform a complicated workaround, just like under the new one, in order to be able to play a queue with a pre-made team.
Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on

Comments

• skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    If it ain't broken. Fix it until it is broken.

I dunno about this game anymore
  • flimjam#3426 flimjam Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Overall, I like the changes to the PvE user interface, but as mentioned above, the technical problems with the countdown timer for all PvE, not just the CC event, are causing a lot of problems for people.

You get notified the correct number of players have been matched, receive the countdown, and if everyone accepts, all is well. If someone doesn't accept, the ones that did accept remain in the queue and the ones that didn't accept are ejected from the queue. That is good too; however, if the right number of players are matched again and there's another prompt to accept, there's no guarantee the menu option to accept will appear the second or third time. You also can't leave the queue if the countdown is in progress, so you're stuck waiting for the timer to reach 0:00 with no way to respond and no way to leave. The system then acts as if you were the one that failed to accept even though there was no way for you to accept it or exit.

There's only one known work-around for this that I'm aware of. If the timer is counting down but there's no menu option to accept, changing map instances (not necessarily changing to a different map, but just a new instance of the same map) will allow the menu option to appear and you can accept.

Hopefully knowing this work-around will help developers identify and correct this problem permanently.

• direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Let me pile-on here, and just complain about how incredibly infuriating the broken Queues are in the game, right now... PLEASE fix this.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Trying to run 3 characters through CC today and every one of them got the bugged queue more than once. Overall took more than an hour to get done instead of the 20 odd minutes it should have been.

Core gameplay mechanic, you'd have thought they'd get this on the list to fix it asap.

Instead they think its a good idea to run back to back events (breach will be coming on the back of CC) and have a lazily made battle zone reliant on it working because players sitting about doing precious little for 20-30 minutes pads the numbers to make the game busier that it actually is.
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • splasmisktsplasmiskt Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    This has not been fixed, if any it's worse than before.

If this is by design maybe you should log on to PS4 and play a few PVE queues and then tell us it's working as attended.
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I think the lead engineer fixed the queue accept/reject not appearing.

That a queue wont start with out a full group is a designer setting. We are continuing to make improvements to queues. We want to get players into queues as quickly and cleanly as possible. Part of that is the up coming Random Task Force Operation system which should get all queues started faster in general.

I just had 5 minutes of saying “Ready”, the queue not popping and putting me back into the queue, and not having an option to accept once that timer started.

I’m glad I had 14 shards saved from a previous run, because this would be nearly impossible to do now. What’s a quick event on PC is absurdly rough on PS4; one toon could be done within 5 minutes from log-in to character switch while another takes 5-7 minutes just to get into the map.

EDIT: On two more characters, everything ran smoothly and quickly. On a 5th character, I’m now trying for at least the 6th time to queue in. On at least one of these, I had no option to say I was “ready,” and I couludn’t leave the queue to try again. I then got kicked from the queue list ad had to re-queue. I finally got in on my 6th attempt with that character. I’ve tried space and ground, applying quickly and relatively slowly. I’ve tried switching maps. Nothing helps.
    Post edited by entnx01 on
    Switching maps doesn't help, but switching instances of the same map will allow you to see the accept menu option with the flashing exclamation point. I've had the best luck being in the beta quadrant, which has multiple instances to chose from that load a bit faster than other maps. This method is the only method I know that is effective. This shouldn't be a requirement, but based on all I've seen directly, it's the best way to prevent yourself from being ejected from the group when the timer is counting down but there's no way to accept it.
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • direwolf016#2451 direwolf016 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Yay! *ahem* I mean, very well.
    Thank you engineerb4 for reading and replying. Many of us really want to see this resolved.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @flimjam#3426 said:
    > Thank you engineerb4 for reading and replying. Many of us really want to see this resolved.

Indeed, thank you @engineerb4#4806
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    still same old same old but let me ask since the actual dev/designer etc is listening is the new que system based off the pvp matching system you guys released for pvp side of ques ? where we all have a hidden score that no one but the algorithm/program can see but us players cant ? could that be the main reason we all have major issues with the que system or one of the reasons ? and another being why lets say you have a 5 team que and out of the 5 you have 1 good player and rest suck ? or out of a 10 team que you get 2 maybe 3 ? and if your extremely lucky everyone in the team are super OP'd and get it knocked out quickly ? hmmm ? why is it we just dont get the old system back or something more so simplistic as the old one was ? and an side question why do we get leaver penalties now if we wait for the timer to expire and we dont get none of the optional objectives in game but yet we get a leaver penalty now why is that when before if we left after the optional objectives were not met we wouldn't get a leaver penalty but now we do especially the advanced and elite ques you guys love punishing us on them after leaving if we don't get optional objectives why ? in all seriousness i would like the answers to theses questions its only fair thing to do.

for the que system its almost enough to make players want to avoid doing any further events in the future at all on any toon/"characters" especially since you have multiple characters which for me would be one step away from quitting not their yet but you guys keep pushing things in that direction though .
    I wanna know if this evet is going to be extended.

Because I have 11 toons trying to this. And limited time. And having the que system TRIBBLE out almost constantly is making it impossible for do it for all my toons.
  • firkis#3828 firkis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Wait, you have a fix done and haven't hot-fix released it?! Do you not realize how game-breaking this bug is? Are there no metrics to show the decimation of the player base its caused?! It's been 3 months since the change to the perfectly functioning queue system that introduced this bug and you're seriously gonna make people wait for the fix!?!
    That's how you you kill customer support of any software product.
    > @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > Sorry, when I said the Lead Engineer has made a fix. That fix probably hasn't made it to live yet. It should show up in the next update.

Are you going to keep the event on longer? You try doing it with 11. Toons it's a nightmare.

Also seeing how u have a fix and are just sitting on it. Like seriously what are you doing? Waiting for it to hacte
    https://youtu.be/fIhzniurizY

Because doing that is fun
  • chris#9014 chris Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    This bug is still there after today's patch 10/16/2018. When is this fix expected to make it to live?
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > I had thought the fix would've gone out on the 16th. I'll ask to have this looked into again.

It really boggles my mind. It is included in "known issues" but not fixed - especially as you said it was fixed on your end a month ago. Lemme' guess - a bad executive decision?
    Thank you, engineerb4, for checking on it. This issue causes a lot of problems for us.
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • explorerjoe#7567 explorerjoe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The que bug where you cannot accept the question still exists months later. The team bug where the game doesn’t recognize your in a team still exists months later. Please fix these cryptic. These are game breaking bugs. It’s ruining the game.
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • explorerjoe#7567 explorerjoe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @engineerb4#4806 said:
    > I just fixed a bug today for not getting the Match accept prompt, it should also be in the Nov Build.
    >
    > Do you have reproduction steps for " The team bug where the game doesn’t recognize your in a team still exists months later."?
    > Video of the bug would be very helpful. Or the steps, ie, "Do x,y,z and see that Teams don't show"

When you invite people to a team. You see them listed on the left hand side of your screen however when you go to join a pve que they are not in your team. If you check under Create private. They are not listed there. I understand there is a work around to change instances and then the are listed under your team if you check create private. However this does not always work. Or will stop working. I think this is a barrier to play and will discourage newer players for sure. Newer players who are not invested enough to trying the Change Instance work around. Please fix this bug.
    Thank you for the the fix to the match accept prompt. Looking forward to getting that one.

The other issue with teams, I believe, is due to the differences between teams and queue groups. Based on my experience, the queue group you're in determines who goes into the same PvE with you, not necessarily all the ones on your team. If a team of 5, for example, is also in the same 5 member queue group, you can launch a PvE with everyone in it; however, if the team of 5 has some teammates in one queue group and some in a different queue group, then it's possible for the team to be split apart into different instances of the same PvE or possibly have the team split apart with some being left behind.

If the queue group is what really determines how a group of players enters a PvE now, I think it would help everyone if joining a new team automatically removed that teammate from any previous queue groups he/she was in and place that teammate into the same queue group of the team just joined. Right now, we have to tell people to double check to be sure they're not in a queue group before joining a team or give them instructions on how to quit a previous queue group so they can be invited to the team's queue group.