test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Variable Zoom on the Character Select Screen

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Tribble - Bug Reports
The size of the characters on the Character select screen will zoom in too close.

https://i.imgur.com/zAoBrsf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UCkRKXs.jpg
(Gotta love that Vor'Cha, huh? :wink:)

++++++++++++++++++

I knew the work around because of the conversations going on in the Tribble Maintenance and Release Notes thread.... https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243664/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-9-19-18

@anodynes mentioned in the reply to @dirlettia :
2. This was happening to me, but only on one character, the one that I created on Tribble during this testing phase. When I moved her from logging off in space to logging off on the ground, it stopped. Maybe it will start again if I log her off in space again. I'll test that. Older characters, including another logged off in space, never did it.

I only noticed this after copying a character over to Tribble this afternoon.
Before that, everything worked fine. The characters in space turned up on the screen at the same zoom level as those on the ground.

I am going to take this one more step: the program seems to "remember" the correct zoom rate IF you click on one of the characters who is on the ground and is the correct size....and then clicking back on the character that is zoomed in. I can see the character flip very quickly from overly large to the proper size for the window.

And sometimes the program loses the correct zoom if selecting a zoomed out character and selecting the next one that is on the ground. But it seems to get worse the more characters you leave sitting in space when signed out.

If you leave them all signed out in space....they are all zoomed too large for the window.
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yes, I removed the new Vanity Shields just to make double check that aspect.
    And I left characters in space that never did Rep.

It is tied to whether the character is in Space or on Ground.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This sounds similar to a bug that I reported a long time ago, only I've never seen it on the character selection screen before.

Holodeck ticket 3,389,021: Camera distance not restored when the user switches characters

Actually, the game is plagued with zoom bugs. See also:

Holodeck ticket 3,271,917: Camera zoom bug from Season 6
    Holodeck ticket 3,388,864: Saved mini-map zoom levels are not being loaded
    Holodeck ticket 3,388,996: Camera distance resets after being set with /camdist

The common factor seems to be that the game forgets to load the correct zoom level (whether it be camera distance or mini-map zoom) upon map transitions or upon switching characters. Instead, it seems to keep the old zoom level, even when it's not appropriate for the zone.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. Here's another one:

Holodeck ticket 3,408,596: Pictures in saved costume files zoomed in on the neck
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    I actually have costumes in the saved files that are zoomed in on the neck. I have seen it in the folder with the screen shots.

edited September 2018
    frtoaster wrote: »

You know what? It isn't just the camera zoom, any more.

I have the last settings used on one character follow over to the next character.

In the DOFFing/Admiralty window and transwarp options. Previous search requests in the Exchange do not reset...item searched on the last character stays in the search bar, too. The Inventory window stays open even though I switch characters.

So, a lot of stuff no longer resets to defaults when characters are switched.

I wonder if this has to do with all the stores and things that are account unlocked.