test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A small suggestion for PVP

hesuspino72#6173 hesuspino72 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
so it fallow the logic that people mostly play RA (red alert queues) and that RA is after CA most played que. which means that the time spend and reward given is in a good balance.

couple of suggestion.

1. one game with one life. you die, you are out. no respond.
2. victory team get 60 marks of choice, losing team get 10. + fleet marks, + small ec reward. no dili., no equipment drop.
3. use the new system where all ships are on same lvl. accros the board.
4. cool down on ship and used equipment (30 min.), not on character. so take other ship, and get in again.
5. private matches are not rewarded.

for a casual gamer, even tho award on paper is good, the waiting que is long, and if not victorious (and event if victorious) reward for lost time is low compared to other que's you could do.
and even tho what i am suggestion, that reward is even smaller then RA, the choice of marks alone, and repetitive way that you can do it, as there is no cool down i think it would make it popular, especial on new players.

this to work RA should be reworked to give only one or preset choice of marks, to fill the roll for the people that just don't want to pvp.
there is enough RA out there that you could probably use to make it work so it covers all reputation.

i know that anti-pvp community in sto is strong, and i do understand that pvp in this game is not balance. but we are missing a large part of the game that is popular in any other game then this one. and in no way, shape or form, this can hurt a casual player to exist if he don't want to play it. he can simple chose to play RA and focus on couple of RA that would give him mark for said reputation. but now it would be a choice of focusing on certain RA ques, or just play pvp and get marks he/she wants.

feel free to add, constructively.

i am not a big pvp-er, but i would like an option to play it and not wait an 1h for que to start. and it would be nice if the que would reward me with some thing that i actually need.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I know there is a lot of "hate" out there for the Mark boxes being in the Red Alerts.....

But those got added in BECAUSE NO ONE WAS IN THOSE QUEUES to start with....and the new players could not collect marks to advance their Rep.

It is "something" else, that was making players not use the queues. The mark boxes in the Red Alerts was their fix for it.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I think that issue with the Queues started with Delta Rising???

The reason PvP is disliked by a lot of players is: it has become a very expensive game of the "Haves" vs. the "Have Nots". But there are plenty of players out there who want to PvP in this game...and for it to become more balanced. But the way it stands now...not so much. And it may not be fixable right now.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Agree with cold. Not going to happen.

Doesnt bother me one bit about PvP because I don't do it, ever. Not interested in fighting other players, never have been, never will be. I doubt they do any more work on PvP.

I could also be wrong, but they haven't worked on PvP since the Competitive Rep.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    where2r1 wrote: »
    The reason PvP is disliked by a lot of players is: it has become a very expensive game of the "Haves" vs. the "Have Nots". But there are plenty of players out there who want to PvP in this game...and for it to become more balanced. But the way it stands now...not so much. And it may not be fixable right now.

This is pretty much true. PvP is the domain of people who have specialized in builds designed to vape you in a single pass. Usually involving spending a crapton of ECs, Dilithium, and even Zen and Lobi to get that level of power. Min/Maxing to the point the casual PvPer can't even survive a single attack in a cruiser. PvP as it stands now is literally full of alpha strike oneshots. You get spotted, you die. No ifs, ands, or buts. You. DIE.

That is not fun. Especially for the player on the recieving end. It doesn't matter if the players are the same level. The builds and gear are what make vape ships so powerful. Combine that with player skill... EVERYTHING dies in a single pass, with little to no warning, let alone reaction time. Now some people can TRY to argue that all you need to survive an alpha striker is Tac Team... but that is not true because the sheer amount of spike damage can slice right through shields, hit hull, and kill you.

Now if there was a way to have people of similar skill levels and builds match up... then maybe it would be worth it. But right now, with the free for all we have... its not even worth the effort to try. There is just too much of a disparity in power to balance anything in PvP.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Wow... its gotten WORSE? I mean I know about the Megawell thing, because my fleet has at least 3 people who have a Megawell build, myself being one of them on my TOS Sci, but combining all that together? That is a nightmare!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    PvP is long gone at this point. It’s really not worth the effort to try to fix it. Better to focus on other areas of the game.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    PvP died long ago. Stop with the necromancy attempts.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    YBWyACJ.png

(Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    ummm no. RA is a main soruce of marks for a LOT of casual players. to lock it down to one type is just stupid. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS THE PVE QUEUES other than the RAs.
    Spock.jpg

• wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    [/quote]

let's file that with the thousands (Probably literally) of suggestions on PvP that the devs have dedicatedly ignored since 2012.[/quote]

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Before that !!! man dont get me started !!! i didnt take my meds yet today!!!....... AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! to late !!!! WHY !!?? WHY @borticuscryptic why!!!!!????? (runs off chasing a chicken)
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Last time they did anything with PvP was when they changed the rewards wrappers to disqualify private matches run with reduced score cap. That was so long ago I don't even remember when it was.
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    otherwise its about having fun and making the other team your BI**H'es............ Camp their spawn area lol.... luer a bunch of Borg into their Spawn area, things like that....... it's fun.

Lines like that don't make Ker'rat attractive. Joking or not, that's actually highlighting rather deplorable and unsportsmanlike conduct. Not only that... the team on the recieving end is getting spawn camped, and being destroyed before they can even blink. Would you consider that fun if you were on the recieving end?

I've been on that one time in a Halo: CE server, combined with insults being thrown at my team for our lack of skill... while they bombarded our base with tanks. So I have a pretty good reason to call BS.
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Anything that makes PvP more accessible, I'm for.

The biggest issue now, in my opinion, is that rep passives stack to rediculous levels, and newer guys will never be able to catch up to the guys who have been playing since beta. Not all Tier 6 captains are equal.

I would create tiered PvP. You show up in a Tier 2 ship, and the game uses the level matching system (currently obsolete because it hasn't been updated to account for power creep) to suspend any abilities that a Tier 2 captain wouldn't have.

It's about equal opportunity in PvP. If there are guys who have so many passives a Tier 2 guy could never hit them, the Tier 2 guy will quit and never play PvP. Which is what has happened.

Of course, there should be an unlimited level. The big dogs should be able to duke it out for bragging rights and occasional prizes. But the lowbies need a safe space where they can shine without a guy with every trait on the list jumping on him for an easy kill.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,248 Community Moderator
    It's a good thing that it's only a small suggestion. :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    A small suggestion for PvP.

>:)

https://youtu.be/bM_QDyr5NaM
    and in no way, shape or form, this can hurt a casual player to exist

Until... useful powers are nerfed into uselessness because PvPers whine about them being OP in PvP.
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It's dead - and this is from the horse's mouth (as someone who furiously pvp's whenever pvp can be found). I've quit playing sto for a while now. I've been autistically hoping a miracle would happen to PvP, but I've finally given up hope. Enjoy the themepark, and play overwatch or cs:go instead when you're itchy.

tremere12 wrote: »
    Enjoy the themepark, and play overwatch or cs:go instead when you're itchy.

header.jpg?t=1519430091

Its very serious business.
    latest?cb=20101228131521
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    If I want PvP action I'll go play World of Warships.

PvP in this game is LONG dead and long may it remain so.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    A small suggestion for PvP.......put it out of it's misery, put a bullet in it's head and bury it's corpse.
This discussion has been closed.