test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Describe your shuttle(s).

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
With the shuttle event going on, I am seeing quite an array of what seem to be fascinating shuttle configurations that I never thought of. What do you folks like to put on your shuttles?

In most cases, mine are the leftovers after rigging my starships. Pretty consistently I use a Martok Omni/Disruptor Omni or a Trilithium Phaser/Agony Torpedo, with Bajor, Quantum, or Braydon, whichever my character's main damage type isn't. A notable exception is my main's Widow, which uses:

Tetryon BA with [over]
Thermionic Torpedo
Braydon Set
Cardassian Support Platform (apparently less useful than I thought)
Tetryon VL
Sticky Web
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    With very limited BOff powers available, I took the Harg Peng from the old crafting system on Memory Alpha and stuck it on my shuttle. Awesome purple cloud effects. It's only Mk XI, but it chews up NPC shuttles.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Yeah, the Hargh'Peng is brutal when it actually hits a shuttle. Accuracy is the biggest weakness of all my shuttles. I've seen people making a real mess with Romulan torpedoes too.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I got an Aeon named Arwing with the Chronometric Polaron Omni and a Wide angle Quantum.

Running the Subatomic Deflector that came off her, the Tetryon Plasma Impulse Engines from the Yellowstone, Thoron Generator from the Stalker, and for the hell of it... the Point Defense Bombardment Warhead from my NX Refit.

Also threw the competative rep impulse engines in the cosmetic slot.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I got an Aeon named Arwing with the Chronometric Polaron Omni and a Wide angle Quantum.

Running the Subatomic Deflector that came off her, the Tetryon Plasma Impulse Engines from the Yellowstone, Thoron Generator from the Stalker, and for the hell of it... the Point Defense Bombardment Warhead from my NX Refit.

Similar to mine, but I'm using a disruptor omni and a PEPT torpedo, and the Mannheim and Temporal Rift consoles.

• trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    I like having the wide angle to make it easier to use. The idea being that I don't have to be facing a target head on to shoot. The PEP would be another good choice.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Nothing stands out as fancy.

Although one of my rommies has a scorpion with the mining beam and I do have a captains yacht with the broadside emitters.

Rest have a mission omni (nexus 2piece mostly) of some description and the kentari missiles with a couple using the guardian drone console.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Wide angle Quantum! Great shout. I'm running two omni-antiproton at the moment, but I'm not a huge fan of not having a torpedo launcher, so I think I'll do that.

EDIT: Shows how often I use my small craft. I actually already have a Mark XIV Advanced Fleet Photon launcher on it. Maybe I'll upgrade a Wide-angle to Mk 14 in the next R&D event and give it a try. I think I went for the photon over a quantum due to the shorter cooldown though.

It's an Aeon shuttle, and the rest of the loadout is:

Ancient Omni-antiproton
    Subatomic Deflector Array
    Tetryon-Plasma Impulse Engines (from the Yellowstone)
    Obelisk Subspace Rift Warp Core (two part bonus
    MACO Shield Array
    Mk XI Field Generator
    Assimilated Module
    Antiproton Mag Regulator

May not have as much punch as an equivelent standard Quantum, but it certainly makes up for it with the wider firing arc.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I don't use my small craft often enough to worry about it. I generally just transfer what I need for it off my ship. No real setup for them, again, because we use them so little.

Back in July I made a post about making newer updated versions, dubbed a T6 because I included a mastery for them. It's past the necro point, but you can still read it.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1241963/t6-fighters-the-pipe-dream
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    A flaming ball of wreckage.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Yeah, the Hargh'Peng is brutal when it actually hits a shuttle. Accuracy is the biggest weakness of all my shuttles. I've seen people making a real mess with Romulan torpedoes too.

the hyperplasma on TS1 can ruin a lot of shuttle's days. the Omega plasma is anther good choice, since it has the 5 round magazine to speed up fire rate

Polaron would be a good choice with the JH shield eng deflector set. the boost to polaron plus the 3 pc clicky is pretty useful
    Spock.jpg

• brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    I just summon it out of the shipyard and head for the nearest enemy, pressing my one button I'm allowed to have which doesn't actually seem to do much of anything until I explode. Then I respawn and do it again, since with only one actual button to push, that's the extent of my influence on what happens.

Unfortunately, STO rewards the 'try the same thing over and over' strategy. But there are lots of other things you can do. Your captain's abilities work fine in a shuttle. Have you ever explored setting up your tray while in a shuttle? Then there are the engine sets like the Breen and the Jem Hadar mission reward sets. They both work well with polaron weapons. What about Nimbus Dustress Call?

Because of the limited clicky issue, I use the Hargh'Peng. It is a powerful torp with splash damage, but it can't be buffed by anything. I don't need to waste my BOff Power on Torp clickies, but I still get a mean hit. (I beat the Mogai in The Vault playing hit and run with the Harg.)

There are certainly other strategies. Ask around, you might find one you like. You already know the result if you just keep doing what you have been doing. What can it hurt to try something new?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Usually my shuttles get leftovers from rep box drops and mission rewards. More than enough for the couple episodes where we need them.
    For the shuttle event they get temporarily pimped out with some real gear. Usually an omni, a PEP-torp, the lukari heal console and whatever is left to fill 2 console slots. On feds/rom-feds it often ends up with a phaser tac console and the point defense.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    My main ones are

For Cassy: A Tholian widow named Steven Greer with Nukara stuff, and one of the Omni tetryons from a quest.

For virtual me, Mel: A type 7 shuttle, USS Van Daniken, with that newer phaser omni, the agony torpedo and the Kobali gear.

:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The bajoran shield is pretty good for shuttles thanks to the plasma TRIBBLE built into it.

Guardian drone console isn't bad either due to the cooldown on the summon being fairly quick.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    My captains yacht is a flying pile if bricks.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    the hyperplasma on TS1 can ruin a lot of shuttle's days. the Omega plasma is anther good choice, since it has the 5 round magazine to speed up fire rate

Polaron would be a good choice with the JH shield eng deflector set. the boost to polaron plus the 3 pc clicky is pretty useful
    Ever try PEP? heheheheeh

Coolest thing about the D'Kyr z-store purchase is that it's actually a bundle, even though it doesn't SAY it is. It gives you a flyable Tal'kyr shuttle for free. They're science heavy, but have 2 boff seats and an innate clicky power(Aux2SIF1).

Another fun thing is equipping the full Breen Def/Shield/warpcore/engine set on a shuttle. Sure it's a weak version of energy siphon, but it's not a boff power! Also it gives you cryoplasma dumpage.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Iron coffin with warp nacelles
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
      brian334 wrote: »
      Unfortunately, STO rewards the 'try the same thing over and over' strategy. But there are lots of other things you can do. Your captain's abilities work fine in a shuttle.
      They would if I had any. Apparently, I don't. My tray is utterly devoid of abilities. Even if I had them, they normally come with such outrageously long cooldowns that I'd get to use them all of once before I'd be back to passing out and waiting for it to be over. That basically gives me one moment of pushing all the buttons, after which I can just go AFK for the next 2-5 minutes, since that's how long it takes for the game to allow me to do anything again.
      Then there are the engine sets like the Breen and the Jem Hadar mission reward sets.
      The Jem'hadar set offers me all of one additional button...for use against cloaked foes, of which none exist. I can push it anyway, but, well, predictably, absolutely nothing will happen. And then it's back to passing out for 2-5 minutes.

Not the most exciting gameplay, really.

Try pressing P on your kb and scroll through that window and find your captain powers. Since a revamp awhile back the captain powers are no longer automatically slotted when you swap ships or level up enough to earn them.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      echatty wrote: »
      Unfortunately, STO rewards the 'try the same thing over and over' strategy. But there are lots of other things you can do. Your captain's abilities work fine in a shuttle.
      They would if I had any. Apparently, I don't. My tray is utterly devoid of abilities. Even if I had them, they normally come with such outrageously long cooldowns that I'd get to use them all of once before I'd be back to passing out and waiting for it to be over. That basically gives me one moment of pushing all the buttons, after which I can just go AFK for the next 2-5 minutes, since that's how long it takes for the game to allow me to do anything again.
      Then there are the engine sets like the Breen and the Jem Hadar mission reward sets.
      The Jem'hadar set offers me all of one additional button...for use against cloaked foes, of which none exist. I can push it anyway, but, well, predictably, absolutely nothing will happen. And then it's back to passing out for 2-5 minutes.

Not the most exciting gameplay, really.
      Try pressing P on your kb and scroll through that window and find your captain powers. Since a revamp awhile back the captain powers are no longer automatically slotted when you swap ships or level up enough to earn them.
      95% sure he actually knows that but is too lazy to actually make a shuttle build. 50/50 that he's still using the freebie shuttle with default gear.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
      Just trying to help, just in case. :)

Me, I know one can outfit shuttles to be pretty badass for their class. My main acct uses the Captain's Yacht and I think my F2P does have access to the Yellowstone, so those are pretty good for using in shuttle missions. Or the Delta Flyer. Plenty of shuttles/fighters out there that are much better than that stock freebie shuttle.
      Now a LTS and loving it.
      Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
      I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
      To'Duj with the Resonant Disruptor set (DHC instead of array) and full tzenkethi set
      Might try that on a Peregrine and see how it works for my feds
      Now a LTS and loving it.
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      edited September 2018
      I just summon it out of the shipyard and head for the nearest enemy, pressing my one button I'm allowed to have which doesn't actually seem to do much of anything until I explode. Then I respawn and do it again, since with only one actual button to push, that's the extent of my influence on what happens.

This is my method as well.

Shuttle combat in STO is about as fun as getting a prostate exam from an meth addict with epilepsy.
      Insert witty signature line here.
    • hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
      I really enjoyed the shuttle event if I am being honest.

Once ones knows how the queue works its easy to do Atmosphere Assault for silly good rewards. That being said, even with a good build, Advanced is a bit to much to just solo, so when pugging I just did Normal. However as soon as I could team-up with 1-2 others who knew the map, Advanced was just a face-roll :)

Happy to test out my fighter build, made a few adjustments, but the end result is very well to my liking. On AAA parses I regularly parsed around the 7 - 10k.
      Unfortunately I do not have access to the aceton assimilators, so I just went with an old fashioned energy damage setup. But it worked wonders nonetheless.

https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/7bda0c6599826f7c50e98b5d24a417c8

Only thing that I potentially could do better is swapping the DBB for an array, or omni. However I am satisfied with the results so far, so I decided to just kept the DBB.

Voth fighter is my absolute favorite, high HP, two ability slots, so I can use EptW [+EWC trait] and a beam ability, since FaW is suffering from a hefty accuracy penalty [hit rate was between the 40-60%], I use BO. Stronger attacks and a good spike against the walkers.
      TI/Reciprocity for cooldowns, stay on target did actually good damage numbers [avg of 500], restorive support procs on brace for impact and the build-in HE ability making the fighter more or less indestructible.
    • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
      hoffy1 wrote: »
      I really enjoyed the shuttle event if I am being honest.
      Same :)

dvZq2Aj.jpg
    This discussion has been closed.