test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Classic Universe

kabutotokugawakabutotokugawa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Ten Forward
These ships are my own ST:TOS/ST:KT (Kelvin Timeline) style of ships. Total fan-art, nothing official, and posted here solely for your enjoyment. :smiley:
Most designs are taken from "Apocryphal" sources which include licensed books, maps, blue-prints, video games, and the FASA RPG.

I'll do them one post at a time and start with the Federation ship chart.

a_glimpse_of_things_to_come_by_kodai_okuda-dcawp0e.jpg

(Changed title to be less vague. - BMR)
Thank you.
"Morbius. Morbius!.....Something is approaching from the southwest. It is now quite close."

I'm a graphic design artist by trade. Check out my gallery on deviantart:

http://kodai-okuda.deviantart.com/gallery/
Post edited by kabutotokugawa on

Comments

• reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Those are some truly beautiful ships, especially the discovery.

I am actually expecting at some point for the Klingons to base the D7 partly on discovery during the series.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    reafis wrote: »

I am actually expecting at some point for the Klingons to base the D7 partly on discovery during the series.

There was a D7 in ENT. Weather you believe it looked like a K'tinga (as it did in the episode) or like the concept art that need made it to air, it's still clearly the predecessor to the TOS D7 and the KT Warbird.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    reafis wrote: »

There was a D7 in ENT. Weather you believe it looked like a K'tinga (as it did in the episode) or like the concept art that need made it to air, it's still clearly the predecessor to the TOS D7 and the KT Warbird.

Ooh I cant remember that, which episode was it?

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Actually I think it was supposed to be classified as a D4, but someone got lazy and just reused the D7/K'tinga model instead.
    The episode was Judgement.
    http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/klingon-battlecruiser.htm
    If that link works, it will lead to a page about the battlecruiser, and there's a link to some concept art that was made FOR that episode. Might recognize it as the Koro'tinga we have in game.
    klingon-battlecruiser-sketch.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Um... Star Trek Legacy, as in the PC game? Because only one of your ships looks like the Yorktown class, but that's only from above.

80565_1.jpg

Your designs are nice, but I honestly don't see any that I remember from the game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)