test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Here's a Look at the T6 Rep Vanity Shields

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
is1ec3a4xlxp.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    That Terran shield looks CLEAN and super slick. I can't wait for it. The Romulan one looks really nice too and will come in handy.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    i want the terran one and the undine and maybe the iconian one, those looks best to me, though they all look cool =)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    hEBDA2F5E
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    several are good.... the gamma one is seriously waaaaaaay too over the top PUURRRRRRRPPLLLLEEEEE for me tho
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    Maybe one of these days the Mirror Universe skins and prefixes will be made available for all ships. :disappointed:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    Maybe one of these days the Mirror Universe skins and prefixes will be made available for all ships. :disappointed:

people still carry that dream? gotta salute that level of perseverance o7
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    My kdfs will likely rock Terran as a big black kdf ship firing multitudes of disruptor cannon shots will look amazing or the omega

I'd definitely like a mirror skin for all my ships (especially the original chevron type) though if for the fact it'd be one of those stupidly expensive lockbox options

Of course I'd also love my bops to be able to wear a vanity shield skin without appearing like its still visible
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm thinking I'll use gamma, romulan, undine, and maybe delta on various characters

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Some of those are pretty cool looking. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Romulan one looks hot!! Only problem is....I already lose my ship in space...It is too hard to see.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Upvote!

(This is darned handy, my ROM's have their eyes on the new Delta, Undine and Terran also look pretty darn sweet across the board)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    With all the purple options are you angling for a twitch prime promo deal or something?

Curious why this wasn't an announcement/news post or stickied in any way.

Good to see some interesting visuals that aren't going to be buried under the chance of a chance BS.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    With all the purple options are you angling for a twitch prime promo deal or something?

Chance (binomial probability of 3/12 purple with conventional colors and shades: 0.1045, p-value on a test of binomial expectations: 0.072 (>0.05, not significantly different from random)) or making a point to give a few more options to Jem'Hadar characters looking to Dominion-up their allies ships. ;)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    The purple hurts my eyes... it burns.. IT BURNS!!!
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Some of these are nice enough, but most of them don't really seem to mean anything to the faction in question. The Romulan shield does nothing to make your ship look Romulan (though it is gorgeous). Terrans could have a Terran-appearing skin for when you go mess around in the Mirror Universe. The Iconian shield could look like it actually incorporates the Iconian technology. The Lukari shield doesn't look much like the Lukari tech shown, and if it did, this alternate could have been made to look Kentari. Many of them add weird shapes to a white background, and you aren't including any non-Starfleet ships so we could see what they actually look like. Finally, most of them override the underlying ship paint job completely which makes some of the textures that might otherwise be desirable less wanted because of the color choice which is far-too-frequently purple. (I love the Gamma one, but there are other colors in the spectrum!)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The current Terran one is already good enough for me.
    edited September 2018
    Is that GAMMA shield pink and purple???

Because that combo would be perfect for Princess Priscilla (my Jem'hadar)....but I can't tell if it is pink or some off shade of salmon or peach??? Her ship is named: In the Pink

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    And why no Klingon ships with vanity shields on them??? I can't picture this on my BoP when everything looks so light colored.

Oh, and I was just reminded....all these are shield visuals with Lighting 2.0, aren't they?
    Post edited by where2r1 on

where2r1 wrote: »
    Is that GAMMA shield pink and purple???

Because that combo would be perfect for Princess Priscilla (my Jem'hadar)....but I can't tell if it is pink or some off shade of salmon or peach??? Her ship is named: In the Pink

Looks like the purple is the bleedthrough of the red band you can see on the vanilla ships hull so the cosmetic is just pink, lots of pink, more pink than a 5yr olds birthday party themed around the colour pink.
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I am afraid I will have to do a ton of clicking on Tribble to unlock that shield so I can see it in Lighting 1.0 which is what I use on Holodeck. LOL!

Meh, have to decide if it is even that important. Most of the time I can't see my ship in sector while DOFFing. Never had this problem before this split between Lighting 1 and Lighting 2.

OH, just thought of something...I wonder if they have Gamma Marks on the terminal on Drozana on Tribble...because I don't have any of those.

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'd like to see a Klingon or Fed allied ship with these shields, something that doesn't follow default Starfleet patterns.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited September 2018
    I just checked the GAMMA Vanity Shield on my BoP..... it is RED with PURPLE. NOT PINK.

Not even close to Pink. Not like this picture of the Fed ship. In both Lighting 1.0 and Lighting 2.0. In the ship status window...it looks different than out in System Space, proper.

I am going to have to do this with a few more Vanity shields that I like and see how they come out.

I gotta get on some chores and groceries...so I will play some more with it later.

P.S. On Tribble....Rep Marks are in the Console on Drozana. But you have to click Rep Projects to get Tier 6 to unlock the Vanity shields. Oh and the timers on the projects are disabled...I think it takes 5 seconds or so.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    i cant decide between terran and omega shields they both look so good :smile:
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    3. questions.
    1. are these vanity looks different from what you get with the actual shield effts we have now?
    2. where is the aegis?
    3. what is the difference from the ability we have now to change the looks of Shield, eng and deflector??

I DO like the Iconian and Voth
    Spock.jpg

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    3. questions.
    1. are these vanity looks different from what you get with the actual shield effts we have now?
    2. where is the aegis?
    3. what is the difference from the ability we have now to change the looks of Shield, eng and deflector??

I DO like the Iconian and Voth
    1. They appear to be seperate visuals from the actual set visuals
    2. Aegis is not Rep. Its crafted.
    3. More options.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    These are strictly vanity. They only fit in visual slots on ships.
    I found that out when I went to take them out of inventory and store it in a ship in the ship yard.

More bank clutter then.

Hopefully they'll post pics for the other factions because as shown above the base colour of KDF ship will alter the overall effect and no doubt romulans will see similar differences if they're not a veteran with the white ship skin rather than default green. (Does anyone actually use the jobby brown colour)
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Been on tribble and seen them, I'll stick with my Aegis set + veteran hull.
    edited September 2018
    Totally true...the Gamma looks totally different on my BoP. And on the Jem'hadar Bug Ship.

I had full intention of unlocking the ones I liked the look of on Tribble over the weekend....but got distracted by a notification that the skill tree was invalid.

I, definitely say: take a look at Tribble before going through the huge grind....just to do these shield visuals. Especially, if you main the other factions. Or use alien event or lockbox ships.

This discussion has been closed.