test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Fed or KDF Redux

ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
@terranempire#7881 said:

'Just wondering how many of you fellow Cardassians chose the Federation or the Klingons? I can't decide on where to commit and before making a final decision I'd like to know how many are for each side. Canonical it make more sense to be Feds. But I am all for KDF if there are more Cardassian players going that route. Personally I would have gone Rom, sadly they are not their own faction and that isn't on the table (reason because of the past Obsidian Order working with the Tal Shiar. That would be awesome and fit with the whole intel cloak we have on the ships.)​​'

Continuation in case anyone wanted to post further on this topic.

Actually, it was two days since August is a 31 day month if you are counting.
'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
Judge Dan Haywood
'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
l don't know.
l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
Lt. Philip J. Minns
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    @marritza#7244 said:

'> @avoozuul said:
    > Absolutely nothing at all appeals to me about KDF, and in canon the Cardassian's eventually joined the Federation.'

'I have seen NO evidence that this has ever taken place. Maybe Cryptic is planning this in the future to appease the UFP player base once again, but it doesn't make it canon. Show me your source for the canon information and I'll submit, but as THE original pre-launch cardassian on the STO forum I'd resist such a notion.'

Last post in other closed Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Well like I said in that thread, Cardassians are just a playable race like any other under the FED or KDF umbrella. So you can choose based on which starter story and/or "flavor" that you prefer. As others pointed out, you can choose based on how easy it is to acquire certain gear for example cheap DPRM console for KDF or conversely cheap Honored Guard trait for FED.

Personally (just a joke), I think it's EVERYONE'S duty to align their Romulan, Jem'Hadar and Cardassians with the KDF to counterbalance the Federation. But seriously, I actually do this because of the above stated flavor reasons.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    Fed - Starfleet is handling Cardassian defence as part of the Dominion War fallout, and we all know that the Alliance is just an expanded Federation.

Although the above Mirror Universe headcanon is a good idea, I know what I want to do with my KDF-Cardassian now.
This discussion has been closed.