test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non fleet space station

vector22204#9451 vector22204 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
What would fellow captains think of having the ability to build a space station using R&D materials in one of the quadrants and the ability to transwarp there. The style would be dependant on your chosen faction?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    I don't think they'd want another fleet holding style thing. It would be another Dilithium Sink, and most people are reluctant to donate DL to fleet holdings because of how many other things its needed for.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Not me. We already have existing social spaces (ESD, Risa-normal, etc.) for those who do not want to join a fleet. Join a fleet, it's fleet-riffic!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    If they were going to do anythubg remotely like that I at least would prefer it to be a way to customize ship interiors.

And this. In STO (and for most captains in the TV shows) your ship is your home.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Player housing would be totally pure awesome.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

As Dave said just above your post, your ship is your home :)
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png

Would be, but technically we have housing already, in our own ship interiors. Its just not as customizable as we'd like.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    arionisa wrote: »

As Dave said just above your post, your ship is your home :)
    No, it's not.
    rattler2 wrote: »

Would be, but technically we have housing already, in our own ship interiors. Its just not as customizable as we'd like.
    Ship interiors are a useless waste of space with no customization, no progression and no function.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My ship is my home, though I do wish I could customize the interior on the ship he's picked for his 'home' (Not necessarily his main ship). As for the OP, no, not going to happen. As was said several times, we already have social zones in each quadrant, just pick which one you want to use.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Ship interiors are a useless waste of space with no customization, no progression and no function.

So just ignore it when you could actually use that as a base for a housing system?
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I could see a fleet-style thing to build/customize a ship interior for your ship. But that would also mean another type of currency unless they just use preexisting crafting mats for them.

And not being sure of Cryptic's database abilities, I'd assume there'd be 1 ship 'home' per toon, not per ship.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Yes, I typed up a few ideas awhile back for ship interiors. It even got Taco's attention. I'd like to think that maybe he passed the info along for future consideration. But who knows? I've been afraid to ask. LOL
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

So just ignore it when you could actually use that as a base for a housing system?

Player housing (and Space Barbie) is totally my thing. But player housing without customization, without the possibility to give your home a personal touch, is simply not player housing. As it stands, Cryptic couldn't even be bothered to let me use trophies on my Rom ships (being overly sarcastic here: it doesn't matter any more, as Rom ship are now a thing of the past anyway). So, my hopes of getting player housing are rather slim.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Player housing (and Space Barbie) is totally my thing. But player housing without customization, without the possibility to give your home a personal touch, is simply not player housing. As it stands, Cryptic couldn't even be bothered to let me use trophies on my Rom ships (being overly sarcastic here: it doesn't matter any more, as Rom ship are now a thing of the past anyway). So, my hopes of getting player housing are rather slim.

We know you currently can't customize your house-ship, but the point is that it makes more sense to change that (add ship interior customization) than to add some land-based "player stronghold."

Being able to link one (per faction?) fully customized ship interior to any or all of the ships you fly would be nice. Cryptic could even sell the ability to create additional ship-interiors to the people who want multiple, different ship-houses for different themed crews (such as TOS, Discovery, mirror, mercenary, Vulcan, etc. within Federation).

edited September 2018

Yes. It is not possible to use the current ship interiors as a base for anything. There are too many maps, it would be too much work to add even the most basic features to all of them (like the trophies mentioned above). Any player housing must necessarily be done from scratch.

And while I personally couldn't care less about scrapping the current interiors, others do like them and wouldn't appreciate losing them or being forced to replace them with a generic one to use the housing system. People have paid money for those interiors.

It is therefore better to have player housing as a separate feature.

All of this has been discussed many times over every time the topic comes up.
    Too many maps...

Dude... the ONLY thing that actually changes in 95% of the bridge interiors that aren't tied to ships or full interiors... is the bridge itself. The number of FULL interiors we have is actually quite small, and they all share the same exact Ready Room.
    • Galaxy Interior
    • Voyager Interior 1
    • Voyager Interior 2
    • Belfast (Defiant) Interior
    • Constitution Interior

KDF have no such options, and Romulans only have the Romulan Interior. With the normal bridges and interiors, the Crew and Engineering Decks are actually all THE SAME based on chosen size, and the only differences are any trophies we've put up in our ready rooms and crew lounges.

SO... here's how it can work.
    If a player chooses to use a stock interior rather than one of the C-Store full interiors, then rig it up so that the Crew and Engineering Decks can have a level of customization. We already have a minor amount of that with the trophies in both the Ready Room on the Bridge and in the Crew Lounge. Why not expand on that?

For example the Captain's Quarters. Why not have an interact panel on say... the desk? Hit that, we can swap out the table, couch, chair... whatever... with any stock or earned/purchased items. For crying out loud it might give us a frickin' use for GPL even!
    Then say in Engineering we have an interact panel that lets us choose the model for the Warp Core. So lets say you have the Kobali Core and want to actually see it. Owning the Kobali Core unlocks that as an option. Same with the Obelisk Core mission reward, and so on. Even if most of them are just a pallet swap... its SOMETHING that can be customized to a degree.

There are ways to make it work.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Here's my proposal again:
    It's too bad that something isn't being done with ship interiors, because most of Star Trek took place on the ship. I think it's something that would be worth investing development time in, because the work put into it could then be used as a basis for so many other things: episode mission maps, PVE/PVP queue maps, etc.

I've said before that I'd love to see Starship Interiors done the way Fleet Starbases are done, but scaled to a personal level. Fleet Starbases have their various leveling projects and cosmetic projects. Starship Interiors could work the same way with project inputs scaled to the individual rather than an entire fleet. Leveling one's Starship Interior would give a player access to more things: Bank, Email, Tailor, etc. Cosmetic projects could allow for decor in the Captain's Quarters, Ten Forward, or even allow to toggle between TOS, TMP, TNG, and 2410 aesthetics.

Fleet Starbases have holdings that can also be leveled and have cosmetic projects. On Starship Interiors this would be represented by adding new decks, for example:

Crew Deck: Captain's Quarters with possible Tailor access and trophy displays. Ten Forward with a variety of games that we've seen played in Star Trek and possibly a dance floor. Assign quarters to various BOFFS, visit them and they could give you a daily mission to be done aboard ship.

Life Sciences: a menagerie for storing and displaying pets bought and earned, possible breeding projects for said pets to be unlocked, games for scanning, detecting, identifying life forms.

Stellar Cartography: scanning games for locating, identifying various stellar phenomenon.

Sick Bay: triaging patients game (similar to the Kobali triage mission) for crew members that wander into Sick Bay.

Shuttle Bay: small craft that we own could be displayed here, switching to small craft could be done here, traveling to Fleet Holding could be done here, queueing for shuttle PVE/PVP could be done here, perhaps some unique shuttle piloting/racing missions could be done from here.

Engineering: engineering diagnostic games (warp field, plasma flow adjustments), detecting problems on the ship somewhere then going there and fixing it, a Jefferies tube scavenger hunt type game (using a blank map like Temporal Ambassador), crafting of unique items available only here.

Allow our designated Department Heads to be assigned to occupy the relevant station on board, ex) CMO would be in Sick Bay, Chief Engineer would be in Engineering.

Allow us some (at least limited) choices on crew composition. Perhaps using toggles for species, uniforms that they wear. These options could also be made available through cosmetic projects. Personally, I'd love to see the DOFF roster used to determine crew composition. Allow a toggle or slider for number of crew on a given map with 0 being an option as well. Interacting with random crew members could yield a daily mission or unique DOFF assignment.

The maps themselves could be used to update older episode missions that take place aboard a ship and future missions that need to take place aboard a ship. Also, ship boarding/repel boarders PVE/PVP queues could use the maps as well. Perhaps even a capture the flag type CPVE mission: two teams beam in, Team A captures the bridge, Team B captures engineering. First one to their goal wins.

Additionally, the Starship Interiors maps would be separate and independent from the bridge, so one could use the bridge of their choice. There could be an option to sync visuals between the bridge and interior for ships that only have a bridge and no other decks to re-skin those decks with the same aesthetics. For example, using a Hirogen ship would re-skin the Starship Interiors deck maps using Hirogen textures, using a Tholian ship would re-skin them using Tholian textures.

Unless there is a way to connect them via map moving in the turbolift, unique ship interiors would be retained as they are. They just wouldn't utilize this system. So your full TOS, Defiant, Voyager, etc. interiors would be retained and could be used separately. This proposed Starship Interiors system would be the new default interior for your ship, though. There might be uproar about that, but it's the best way to preserve previous ship interior/bridge purchases with (hopefully) minimal uproar. Perhaps have those purchases automatically unlock texturing/lighting aesthetics to give them an extra bonus. So, those canon interior aesthetics could be applied to the new interiors. It wouldn't be an exact TOS interior, but it would look like that era. It wouldn't be an exact TNG interior, but it would use that aesthetic. It wouldn't be an exact Tholian interior, but it would fit that style.

The deck/room layouts would be generic, so that they could be easily used for missions. As it is, doing a 5-man Starbase defense, the queue randomly chooses a Fleet Starbase from among the participants. Whatever level/visuals that base is in is the map that's used. Same would go for a potential 5-man ship boarding/repelling queue maps. Someone in the team's ship map will be used. The layouts are all the same, but the look might be different.

Yes, FED, KDF, and ROM would need 3 separate layouts, but only for the crew deck and engineering deck. New decks added, like holdings, could be a generic corridor with rooms branching off. What would make them unique would be the skin that's applied to them: a Starfleet skin, Klingon skin, Romulan skin as the basic default look depending on the character. Other skins would be unlocked via cosmetic projects, C-Store purchases, Lock Box ships, etc. The Reputation System could be tied into it, too: Tier 5 Reputation Project that allows for unique Starship Interior visuals.

Oh, and this would be a per character system, not account wide, unless a certain purchase unlocks for the account.

I think that threads and polls like this try to show Cryptic that there might be support to do this, that players would be willing to buy it into it if it were made. And while Cryptic does indeed want to make money, I don't think that is the real hold up here. I think that this is something they might be willing to do, if they knew how they could best implement it and get the most bang for their buck for the time and development that they'd put into it.

The best example I can point to is the Voyager interior. It's beautiful, iconic, and screen accurate. One of the reasons we got that interior with that level of detail, though, was because it was extensively used during the Delta Rising story arc missions. And so, it could be used for future story missions as well. Bonus that it could sold to the masses as a Starship Bridge/Interior.

What I've tried to do with the proposal that I made was less about how much or whether players would be willing to spend real money for it, but rather try to show Cryptic: a direction they could go to implement it; to tie it into systems that they already have; to use it as an asset for future story/mission development; how to expand on it, so that it shows potential for future growth rather than a one-and-done project; to make it an integral part of one's daily game play; and yeah, maybe there are some aspects that can be monetized, too.

We've got to give them more than just saying, "Hey, I'd buy it, if you make it." That's easy to ignore or pass on by. I want to get them interested. I want to give them an idea that gets them excited enough to say, "That's awesome! I'd love to build that into the game!"
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    We have enough Social Zones like Memory Alpha and the Captain's Table (for Lifers or whatever).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    They could design a small number of standardized rooms for each faction...engine room, lounge and captains quarters. Some of which they already have available of course.

Then allow small changes within the room...simple window dressing over the frame of the room...ie a different warp core, different room dressings colours etc.
    Allow trophies and such to be placed.

For the captain's quarters allow changes of bed, chair designs, furniture...maybe a range of wall decor...table top items etc. Etc.

Most of this would just be stuck over a base model then add or change the small items around to customize it.
    I can think of dozens of things that would be great for small options to swap around.

The items could be common across all ships for a character or you could possibly find a way to connect it to the bridge so that it changes by ship.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    They could design a small number of standardized rooms for each faction...engine room, lounge and captains quarters. Some of which they already have available of course.

Then allow small changes within the room...simple window dressing over the frame of the room...ie a different warp core, different room dressings colours etc.
    Allow trophies and such to be placed.

For the captain's quarters allow changes of bed, chair designs, furniture...maybe a range of wall decor...table top items etc. Etc.

Most of this would just be stuck over a base model then add or change the small items around to customize it.
    I can think of dozens of things that would be great for small options to swap around.

The items could be common across all ships for a character or you could possibly find a way to connect it to the bridge so that it changes by ship.

^^ And the players love it! :)

Sadly, I don't see this happen. The way I understood it, essentially every bridge/interior is just a shared instance: a single map somewhere, where others (except for your invited party maybe) are, naturally, obscured from view. What you're proposing, would amount to personalized, private instances of each bridge/interior. I don't think that would scale very well. But I'd love to see it happen nonetheless.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    This is wonderful.

Here's my proposal again:
    It's too bad that something isn't being done with ship interiors, because most of Star Trek took place on the ship. I think it's something that would be worth investing development time in, because the work put into it could then be used as a basis for so many other things: episode mission maps, PVE/PVP queue maps, etc.

I've said before that I'd love to see Starship Interiors done the way Fleet Starbases are done, but scaled to a personal level. Fleet Starbases have their various leveling projects and cosmetic projects. Starship Interiors could work the same way with project inputs scaled to the individual rather than an entire fleet. Leveling one's Starship Interior would give a player access to more things: Bank, Email, Tailor, etc. Cosmetic projects could allow for decor in the Captain's Quarters, Ten Forward, or even allow to toggle between TOS, TMP, TNG, and 2410 aesthetics.

Fleet Starbases have holdings that can also be leveled and have cosmetic projects. On Starship Interiors this would be represented by adding new decks, for example:

Crew Deck: Captain's Quarters with possible Tailor access and trophy displays. Ten Forward with a variety of games that we've seen played in Star Trek and possibly a dance floor. Assign quarters to various BOFFS, visit them and they could give you a daily mission to be done aboard ship.

Life Sciences: a menagerie for storing and displaying pets bought and earned, possible breeding projects for said pets to be unlocked, games for scanning, detecting, identifying life forms.

Stellar Cartography: scanning games for locating, identifying various stellar phenomenon.

Sick Bay: triaging patients game (similar to the Kobali triage mission) for crew members that wander into Sick Bay.

Shuttle Bay: small craft that we own could be displayed here, switching to small craft could be done here, traveling to Fleet Holding could be done here, queueing for shuttle PVE/PVP could be done here, perhaps some unique shuttle piloting/racing missions could be done from here.

Engineering: engineering diagnostic games (warp field, plasma flow adjustments), detecting problems on the ship somewhere then going there and fixing it, a Jefferies tube scavenger hunt type game (using a blank map like Temporal Ambassador), crafting of unique items available only here.

Allow our designated Department Heads to be assigned to occupy the relevant station on board, ex) CMO would be in Sick Bay, Chief Engineer would be in Engineering.

Allow us some (at least limited) choices on crew composition. Perhaps using toggles for species, uniforms that they wear. These options could also be made available through cosmetic projects. Personally, I'd love to see the DOFF roster used to determine crew composition. Allow a toggle or slider for number of crew on a given map with 0 being an option as well. Interacting with random crew members could yield a daily mission or unique DOFF assignment.

The maps themselves could be used to update older episode missions that take place aboard a ship and future missions that need to take place aboard a ship. Also, ship boarding/repel boarders PVE/PVP queues could use the maps as well. Perhaps even a capture the flag type CPVE mission: two teams beam in, Team A captures the bridge, Team B captures engineering. First one to their goal wins.

Additionally, the Starship Interiors maps would be separate and independent from the bridge, so one could use the bridge of their choice. There could be an option to sync visuals between the bridge and interior for ships that only have a bridge and no other decks to re-skin those decks with the same aesthetics. For example, using a Hirogen ship would re-skin the Starship Interiors deck maps using Hirogen textures, using a Tholian ship would re-skin them using Tholian textures.

Unless there is a way to connect them via map moving in the turbolift, unique ship interiors would be retained as they are. They just wouldn't utilize this system. So your full TOS, Defiant, Voyager, etc. interiors would be retained and could be used separately. This proposed Starship Interiors system would be the new default interior for your ship, though. There might be uproar about that, but it's the best way to preserve previous ship interior/bridge purchases with (hopefully) minimal uproar. Perhaps have those purchases automatically unlock texturing/lighting aesthetics to give them an extra bonus. So, those canon interior aesthetics could be applied to the new interiors. It wouldn't be an exact TOS interior, but it would look like that era. It wouldn't be an exact TNG interior, but it would use that aesthetic. It wouldn't be an exact Tholian interior, but it would fit that style.

The deck/room layouts would be generic, so that they could be easily used for missions. As it is, doing a 5-man Starbase defense, the queue randomly chooses a Fleet Starbase from among the participants. Whatever level/visuals that base is in is the map that's used. Same would go for a potential 5-man ship boarding/repelling queue maps. Someone in the team's ship map will be used. The layouts are all the same, but the look might be different.

Yes, FED, KDF, and ROM would need 3 separate layouts, but only for the crew deck and engineering deck. New decks added, like holdings, could be a generic corridor with rooms branching off. What would make them unique would be the skin that's applied to them: a Starfleet skin, Klingon skin, Romulan skin as the basic default look depending on the character. Other skins would be unlocked via cosmetic projects, C-Store purchases, Lock Box ships, etc. The Reputation System could be tied into it, too: Tier 5 Reputation Project that allows for unique Starship Interior visuals.

Oh, and this would be a per character system, not account wide, unless a certain purchase unlocks for the account.

I think that threads and polls like this try to show Cryptic that there might be support to do this, that players would be willing to buy it into it if it were made. And while Cryptic does indeed want to make money, I don't think that is the real hold up here. I think that this is something they might be willing to do, if they knew how they could best implement it and get the most bang for their buck for the time and development that they'd put into it.

The best example I can point to is the Voyager interior. It's beautiful, iconic, and screen accurate. One of the reasons we got that interior with that level of detail, though, was because it was extensively used during the Delta Rising story arc missions. And so, it could be used for future story missions as well. Bonus that it could sold to the masses as a Starship Bridge/Interior.

What I've tried to do with the proposal that I made was less about how much or whether players would be willing to spend real money for it, but rather try to show Cryptic: a direction they could go to implement it; to tie it into systems that they already have; to use it as an asset for future story/mission development; how to expand on it, so that it shows potential for future growth rather than a one-and-done project; to make it an integral part of one's daily game play; and yeah, maybe there are some aspects that can be monetized, too.

We've got to give them more than just saying, "Hey, I'd buy it, if you make it." That's easy to ignore or pass on by. I want to get them interested. I want to give them an idea that gets them excited enough to say, "That's awesome! I'd love to build that into the game!"

How about the space station like in th Enterprise Episode 'Dead Stop'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    It's either that or sending them to the Solyent Green tanks anyway. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @vector22204#9451 said:
    > What would fellow captains think of having the ability to build a space station using R&D materials in one of the quadrants and the ability to transwarp there. The style would be dependant on your chosen faction?

If by some miracle we got player housing......my Romulans would much prefer a house with a first rate view on Mol'Rihan.
    Too many maps...

Dude... the ONLY thing that actually changes in 95% of the bridge interiors that aren't tied to ships or full interiors... is the bridge itself. The number of FULL interiors we have is actually quite small, and they all share the same exact Ready Room.
    Which means absolutely nothing. The "full interior" is not a separate map, it's just copypasted to each bridge map. When I load the Origin Bridge and go into the Engineering deck, I'm still in the Origin Bridge map. And if I use a different bridge, it would have a different Engineering deck in it's own map, even though it LOOKS the same.

That's why you can't mix and match them as it is. It doesn't matter if the only difference on the map is the bridge part, they're still separate maps and any features added to the "same exact Ready Room" would still have to be separately copied to every one of them. Copypasting a standard Feddy interior to all the bazillion stub bridges would still be work, too.

On the other hand, making each deck a separate map to be combined by the player comes back to requiring a new system built from scratch again.
    But using existing assets. Either way... we have existing assets to work with.
This discussion has been closed.