test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30% off Discount Packs for the Next 24 Hours!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
For the next 24 Hours, save 30% on Discount Packs in the C-store! This is your last chance to get a major discount on the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11004873

Comments

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    The two new two-packs aren't in the sale. Is this intentional?
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    After this sale, the Gamma Vanguard Pack will cost 1500 Zen.

promise?!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

It usually takes a month or two for the newest pack to actually end up in a sale.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Console in game announcement says this is a 0% flash sale.

BUT since its miraculously been given a timeframe that suits a global playerbase I won't downvote.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    jcsww wrote: »

It usually takes a month or two for the newest pack to actually end up in a sale.

True, but they did say EVERYTHING not EVERYTHING*.
    *except the last 2 ship bundles

Now if they could make the old T5 Bortasqu bundle 50% off, I'd go for it, but its just not worth it till then.
    True, but they did say EVERYTHING not EVERYTHING*.
    *except the last 2 ship bundles

Yep, they normally explicitly say if something's excluded from a sale.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Be nice if the Legacy of Romulus package went on perma-sale, since it's outdated compared to the rest.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    I've updated the blog to mention that the two newest packs aren't on sale. It's technically a bug, not planned, but fixing it would require game downtime, so they just won't be a part of this sale. Sorry, folks!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I've updated the blog to mention that the two newest packs aren't on sale. It's technically a bug, not planned, but fixing it would require game downtime, so they just won't be a part of this sale. Sorry, folks!

Well good. Seeing how I just bought the Support bundle for 20% off just a week ago, it'd really make me mad if I could have saved another 10% a week later!
  • aeonz137aeonz137 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Im guessing it's a typo stating that the Gamma Vanguard Pack will cost only 1500 zen after this sale? Im guessing it's 15000 zen?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, since pre-ordering the Gamma Vanguard Pack, it has been cheaper buying it in-game since it released. And there were no extra goodies in getting it pre-order.

So much for supporting the good folks at PWE.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zebulander#5479 zebulander Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Wait, 1500 zen on the Gamma Vanguard pack??? I'm assuming that's a typo, although I reeeeally hope it's not...

Ah well, stuff happens! I guess I'll tolerate everyone else not being inconvenienced just so that I can't get my ships. (insert joking emoji appropriate to your culture here).

Thanks for the update!
  • fusiondragon#6672 fusiondragon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    aeonz137 wrote: »
    Im guessing it's a typo stating that the Gamma Vanguard Pack will cost only 1500 zen after this sale? Im guessing it's 15000 zen?

was looking at this
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well, since pre-ordering the Gamma Vanguard Pack, it has been cheaper buying it in-game since it released. And there were no extra goodies in getting it pre-order.

So much for supporting the good folks at PWE.

it is\was like this for every pack !! buying a expansion pack every year or so is really a small support...
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Looks like the support cruiser bundle is not a part of the sale.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Looks like the support cruiser bundle is not a part of the sale.

Read the thread.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    These type of sales are nice, & Cryptic did an extra nice thing having it be for 24 hours to accommodate world-wide. I still don't think it reasons out to buy T5 ships with this discount, but for some it might. I can understand the 2 newest bundles not being on sale yet.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Well whenever there's been a new ship pack out they initially offer it at 20% off when it arrives, so it's not as though they haven't been reduced before.

The only reason you'd have to buy any ships lower than tier-6 (discounted or not) is if you need the console to complete a set- I just bought the last one I needed by way of the Galaxy pack, the price of which was the exact amount of Zen I had left after the last 2 purchases.

Are any of the discount packs that don't include ships worth getting?
  • daimonion13#5412 daimonion13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Console in game announcement says this is a 0% flash sale.

BUT since its miraculously been given a timeframe that suits a global playerbase I won't downvote.

Wow! Europe can benefit from a flash sale! I'm impressed. Good to see.
    Post edited by daimonion13#5412 on