What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zen bundles

skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
So 10 keys is 1.125 Zen.
And a wallet top up card for the Psn starts at £5

It's £7.99 for 1.000 Zen.
Then £3.99 for 500 Zen.

Why can't you just price a Zen package for £9.99 and give us 1.125 Zen.

Why oh why?? Its kind of fly its done this way.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's done for the exact reason you think.. so you have to spend more. Then you're left with a small surplus which can't really get you anything and you're more encouraged to spend later so you can empty what you have.

The solution.. buy 1k zen and then trade dilithium for the remaining 125 Zen. Then you come out even.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The entire store is this way. The amounts of zen you can buy are always slightly less than the next nearest pack/ship etc. It’s so you always need to spend more than you need and encourages you to spend more later as you think you’ve already got a head start with that surplus zen.

Better to buy the minimum you need and then either grind out for the rest as mentioned. Or play the long game and go fiddle with the dilithium exchange to try and increase that volume.
    SulMatuul.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @skullblits#4627

Wait for a Key Sale.

Also change the Thread Subject to Zen Bundles or something, otherwise our zealous Moderators will shut this Thread down.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    And I wonder how many don't buy Zen because of this?

Makes you wonder
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I buy 1000 zen, and then 500 from Steam.. i love that..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I buy zen when I have some extra cash, which isn't very often. Every now and then there's something I decide I really need, which also doesn't happen very often and I either already have enough zen for it so I buy it, or I don't have enough and I don't buy it.
    Usually that thing I thought I really needed never gets bought cause by the time I have enough zen for it, there's something even better to buy lol.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Everything in the store has weekend and mid-week flash sales, zen has sales, also dil to zen has been favourable due to the colony, its probably never been easier to get cstore stuff.
    edited September 2018
    How to get everything for free:

1. Refine your 8k on every character you have every day. Let it pile up, just log in, do your admiralty or whatever you need to do to get 8k and refine it.

2. Wait for an Upgrade Weekend or Phoenix Box promotion. During these events, Dilithium becomes highly sought after and the exchange rate plummets. Usually it can get around 240-245:1 exchange rate.

Use this time to sell your Dilithum in exchange for Zen.

At this point, you have a couple options. You can either spend your Zen in the store, get any ships or anything you want. Or you can sit on the Zen.

If you need EC, you're going to want to look for 2 things, a sale on master keys and a new lock box or infinity box event. When there is a C-Store sale on keys, snatch up as many as you can buy but don't sell them. Wait for a new lock box or an infinity box event, this will often push keys up to, or sometimes over the 5M/key mark. Sell keys and clean up. You don't have to wait if you don't want to, just look up the price on the exchange. Usually, I will sell if the keys are at 4.5M or higher. 4.5 is the cutoff where I just sit on the keys. You can set your own threshold of course.

You can also pocket the Zen and wait for Dilithium values to spike. You can then re-sell the Zen for Dilithium, sit on that and wait for another Zen sale. With patience, you can make all the EC or Zen you can ever need without spending anything. You just keep flipping the Zen/Dilithium making a tidy profit on each exchange.

It requires nothing but patience and buying/selling at the right time. If you like the game and want to spend money to support it, then you should.. if your funds are limited though, then just get everything for free.

It's easy.
    Actually they don't give the EU Zen sales on console
    Actually they don't give the EU Zen sales on console

Really? wow.. that sucks.

My post was for the PC version, I unfortunately, don't know how things work on console. That sucks though that they don't have sales for you guys.
    Funny thing is they do for the US ps store
This discussion has been closed.