test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Additional Outfit slots not usable

darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
I used Zen to purchase Additional outfit slots for my Klingon and Romulan aligned with Klingon about 2.5-3 years ago. Since modifying them the same day, they have been unusable. I can't wear, modify or change the name of the outfits in those "additional outfit" slots.
If I try to wear them, I can't, if I try to change the name of the outfits I see a message across my screen that says "outfit uses invalid parts" and the name doesn't change. So I try to modify the outfit and use only the default "parts" that everyone has access to, but the changes do not stick after I click "purchase" and I'm right back where I started and still cannot wear, modify or change the names.
This issue has been reported repeatedly. I'm talking about 6 additional outfit slots purchased with Zen and never been able to use.
If the issue can't be fixed, can I get a Zen refund?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Look in the bottom left hand corner of the Tailor...it counts the number of unused costume slots available. If you have any of those....THAT is your costume slots. What happened is the program does not recognize your old costumes.

Hopefully, someone who enjoys making costumes comes by and tells you how to fix that.
    How to use those slots available to recreate the buggy costumes.

I have no clue. Because I have some costumes that bugged out on me like 4 years ago....right, when I started playing STO. Then the Fleet uniform bugged out on me shortly after that. I have never bothered with costumes since.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Oh, these guys may have a better understanding of the Costume Tailor over here (maybe even have a Wiki that may help?):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Look in the bottom left hand corner of the Tailor...it counts the number of unused costume slots available. If you have any of those....THAT is your costume slots. What happened is the program does not recognize your old costumes.

Hopefully, someone who enjoys making costumes comes by and tells you how to fix that.
    How to use those slots available to recreate the buggy costumes.

I have no clue. Because I have some costumes that bugged out on me like 4 years ago....right, when I started playing STO. Then the Fleet uniform bugged out on me shortly after that. I have never bothered with costumes since.
    I know how to use the slots I have available. You misunderstood my post.
    I bought additional slots, modified the outfits the same day, haven't been able to wear them, modify or change the name of the additional slots since that day. All of the "old" outfit slots, including the one you start with are usable. It's the additional slots that I bought with Zen that are unusable.

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    darpink wrote: »
    I used Zen to purchase Additional outfit slots for my Klingon and Romulan aligned with Klingon about 2.5-3 years ago. Since modifying them the same day, they have been unusable. I can't wear, modify or change the name of the outfits in those "additional outfit" slots.
    If I try to wear them, I can't, if I try to change the name of the outfits I see a message across my screen that says "outfit uses invalid parts" and the name doesn't change. So I try to modify the outfit and use only the default "parts" that everyone has access to, but the changes do not stick after I click "purchase" and I'm right back where I started and still cannot wear, modify or change the names.
    This issue has been reported repeatedly. I'm talking about 6 additional outfit slots purchased with Zen and never been able to use.
    If the issue can't be fixed, can I get a Zen refund?

You need to save the outfit.

You need to save the outfit.
    It's six (6) outfit SLOTS that I can't use. I know what I'm doing, I know how to save outfits once they've been modified. Re-read the original post, these suggestions to fix the issue are irrelevant. You guys are missing the point and misunderstanding completely. I can't dumb it down any further. If you actually READ my OP maybe you'll understand.

Save all settings for your costume.
    Delete this costume to test.

Does a costume slot show up as usable in the left hand corner?
    If no....you do not have the costume slot.
    Contact customer support. That is something you bought for money you did not get.

If yes, costume slot shows up, then use that slot to.....
    Recreate a new costume.

Can you use the new costume?
    If no...that is a program issue.
    Wait for the engineers to get to it. God knows where it is in the priority list.
    I would assume newer things that effect more people would have precedence.
    And with ViL there are a lot of new things that are broken. And more on the way.

If yes, the new costume works...it is the costume itself that is buggy. Redo them.

P.S. Do you need to be so harsh to people who are trying to help you on the forums?
    If yes, I am not coming back to read your responses.
    If no, I am still not coming back to read your responses.

If no....you do not have the costume slot.
    Contact customer support. That is something you bought for money you did not get.

Recreate a new costume.

Wait for the engineers to get to it. God knows where it is in the priority list.
    And with ViL there are a lot of new things that are broken. And more on the way.

If yes, the new costume works...it is the costume itself that is buggy. Redo them.

P.S. Do you need to be so harsh to people who are trying to help you on the forums?

Not trying to be harsh, sorry. But as stated this is a 3 year old issue. The "Additional" slots appeared as "Available" the day I bought them 3 years ago. I modified them, then clicked "Purchase" and then "Saved" the outfits. Tried to "Wear" the outfits but after exiting the tailor I was still wearing the old outfit. Go back into Tailor and try again, still won't let me wear it. Try to modify it again and as I make the changes I can see the changes being made. So I click "Save Outfit" and then "Purchase" and exit to the screen that shows all of my outfits and the changes are no longer showing. Try to wear it, can't, try to change the outfit name and get a message that says "Outfit uses invalid parts" even though I only used "parts" that are available to everyone by default. Try to modify the outfits and it's the same thing, the changes do not stick when I click "Purchase" and "Save Outfit".
    I've been playing STO for 6 years, I have 8 characters, all of which use 3 or more outfits. I know what I'm doing. I have no problems with any of my other toons, only my Klingon and Romulan aligned with Klingon and only with the "Additional Outfits" that I purchased with Zen from the C-Store.
    I've reported this issue multiple times via "Report a Bug" in game but never get any response. Any other problem/bug that I've reported has been answered via email from a Game Master, but I never get any response about this issue and it never gets fixed.
    I can't understand how the outfits can be using "invalid parts" when I used only parts that were unlocked and FREE. If it were an issue due to my own stupidity or lack of knowing how to make changes in the Tailor then why do I not have any issues with my other 6 toons?
    It's a problem with something in the program. Verifying Files has changed nothing and I've done it hundreds of times over the past 3 years. Which confirms that the issue is in the server side of the files and is not client side.
    I do not know how to be any more clear about the issue. All I can say is the same thing over and over and hope someone gets what I'm saying.
    Cannot, Save changes made to the outfits, cannot modify the outfits because the changes do not stick, cannot wear the outfits and cannot change the names of the outfits. Only when I try to change the names do I see any kind of message, and that message says "Outfit uses invalid parts" even when default, unlocked and free parts for that character's faction are being used.
    There are several reasons you can get "invalid parts" other than the costume itself, but since you're sure it's server side...
    But at least try where2r1's suggestion, that would either confirm its server side or another problem.

Yes, and I can delete ANY saved outfit, but the outfits slots in question cannot be saved or will not save when I click "Save Outfit" as I have stated already.
    Recreate a new costume.
    As stated, I have tried to modify that costume slot but the changes do NOT stick even after I click Purchase and Save Outfit.

No I can't use the new costume, as I have already stated.

Well it must be a program issue as you suggest. And I've been waiting for 3 years.

Not trying to be harsh, but when I've stated everything about the problem and yet I keep getting suggestions to do things that I've already tried to no avail and have mentioned more than once it makes me feel as though my posts are not being read. If my posts were being read then those making suggestions should see that their suggestion has already been tried.

Again, not trying to be harsh, but I'll say it again.

I bought "Additional Outfit" slots.
    After modifying them the same day I bought them, they became unusable.
    I CANNOT modify them as the changes do NOT stick.
    I CANNOT wear them, for some unknown reason whenever I click "Wear" nothing happens at all.
    I CANNOT change the names of the outfits for some unknown reason I get a message saying "Outfit uses invalid parts" and if I try to change or modify the outfit the changes DO NOT STICK!

There are several reasons you can get "invalid parts" other than the costume itself, but since you're sure it's server side...
    But at least try where2r1's suggestion, that would either confirm its server side or another problem.
    Understand now? Or is there something else that has not been mentioned that I can try?

edited September 2018
    If anyone truly wants to help, please do this:

1) Assume that I know what I'm doing due to the fact that I have eight (8) characters and a minimum of 3 outfit slots on each.
    As well as multiple saved outfits. And I've been playing for over 6 years.

2) Realize that I have no problems whatsoever with any of the other 6 characters.

3) Note that the problem only exists on my Klingon and Romulan aligned with Klingon characters of which I have 2. Each of them having the Default outfit slot as well as the additional slot for being in a fleet and three additional slots bought with Zen. So that is 6 in total that I bought with Zen and cannot use.
    If anyone truly wants to help, please do this:

1) Assume that I know what I'm doing due to the fact that I have eight (8) characters and a minimum of 3 outfit slots on each.
    As well as multiple saved outfits. And I've been playing for over 6 years.

2) Realize that I have no problems whatsoever with any of the other 6 characters.

3) Note that the problem only exists on my Klingon and Romulan aligned with Klingon characters of which I have 2. Each of them having the Default outfit slot as well as the additional slot for being in a fleet and three additional slots bought with Zen. So that is 6 in total that I bought with Zen and cannot use.

1) How long you've been playing is irrelevant, it doesn't mean you know what your doing. And if you've been playing 6 years you would be aware this bug started 6 years ago. It was patched several times but some people still had the problem, but I haven't found anyone that has encountered this bug in the last couple of years.

2) We get that.

3) So exactly how many slots do your KDF have, since characters start with 3 and you can buy additional 2 (not 3) at a time?
    edited September 2018

1) How long you've been playing is irrelevant, it doesn't mean you know what your doing. And if you've been playing 6 years you would be aware this bug started 6 years ago. It was patched several times but some people still had the problem, but I haven't found anyone that has encountered this bug in the last couple of years.

2) We get that.

3) So exactly how many slots do your KDF have, since characters start with 3 and you can buy additional 2 (not 3) at a time?

1) I think it is relevant. And if you've been aware of this problem then why all of the previous comments? Why not just tell me what you did just then instead of wasting our time with suggestions that you should already know will not work? I mean, if it takes a patch to fix it and all. And why have I never seen any posts about it or gotten a response from Cryptic or seen it in any patch notes as being patched? Are you a Game Master for Cryptic, Support person or just a player/forums person?

2) If you get it then that's good progress.

3) Two characters, one has 6 outfits slots (can't use 3) and I thought the other had 6 as well but only has 5 (can't use 2).
    I know you can only buy additional slots in 2's. And Maybe you're on a console or something but my characters started with just 2 slots, I didn't get a 3rd free slot until I joined a fleet. So I'm not sure how the one toon has 6 slots with 3 being unusable. Maybe that's part of the issue, somehow I didn't get a slot that I should have. Either way, it's still affecting 5 additional slots on 2 toons, not 6 slots.
    Though I bought a total of 4 additional slots for the one toon, and 2 additional slots for the other I have no slots available now. All are slotted, just not usable.

ruinthefun wrote: »
    This is an old, old bug, that has never been fixed. And we STILL can't delete costume slots.

Thank you! I'm beginning to finally feel like I'm NOT crazy. No offense but I'm glad I'm not the only one still dealing with it! Cheers!

[quote="darpink;c-13422350"

1) I think it is relevant. And if you've been aware of this problem then why all of the previous comments? Why not just tell me what you did just then instead of wasting our time with suggestions that you should already know will not work? I mean, if it takes a patch to fix it and all. And why have I never seen any posts about it or gotten a response from Cryptic or seen it in any patch notes as being patched? Are you a Game Master for Cryptic, Support person or just a player/forums person?

2) If you get it then that's good progress.

3) Two characters, one has 6 outfits slots (can't use 3) and I thought the other had 6 as well but only has 5 (can't use 2).
    I know you can only buy additional slots in 2's. And Maybe you're on a console or something but my characters started with just 2 slots, I didn't get a 3rd free slot until I joined a fleet. So I'm not sure how the one toon has 6 slots with 3 being unusable. Maybe that's part of the issue, somehow I didn't get a slot that I should have. Either way, it's still affecting 5 additional slots on 2 toons, not 6 slots.
    Though I bought a total of 4 additional slots for the one toon, and 2 additional slots for the other I have no slots available now. All are slotted, just not usable.

[/quote]

Obviously I wasn't aware of the problem and did some research on your behalf, and offered possible fixes based on what I found. Something you could have done on your own. You say it's relevant how long you played and you know what your doing, but your posts suggest otherwise. Based on your last answer I have a good idea what's happening and a possible fix, but since you have tried all suggestions before...

Obviously I wasn't aware of the problem and did some research on your behalf, and offered possible fixes based on what I found. Something you could have done on your own. You say it's relevant how long you played and you know what your doing, but your posts suggest otherwise. Based on your last answer I have a good idea what's happening and a possible fix, but since you have tried all suggestions before...
    If you had actually absorbed what you supposedly read in my posts then you would have seen that your suggestions had been tried to no avail and before you even suggested them. Not sure what you were reading but I couldn't dumb it down any further.
    I did my research pal and tried all of the suggestions you put forth as well as others, as I had stated.

The quote below was far more help:
    This is an old, old bug, that has never been fixed. And we STILL can't delete costume slots.
    As it reflects that it IS an issue server side and not just for me on client side nor is it due to my own stupidity as you would like to suggest, kaithan1975.
    By the way, are you a Game Master or just a forums lurker/keyboard warrior? Unless you are a Game Master or a Support person from Cryptic then I'd suggest you not advise unless you really read the problem and make relevant suggestions.

If you had actually absorbed what you supposedly read in my posts then you would have seen that your suggestions had been tried to no avail and before you even suggested them. Not sure what you were reading but I couldn't dumb it down any further.
    I did my research pal and tried all of the suggestions you put forth as well as others, as I had stated.

The quote below was far more help:
    As it reflects that it IS an issue server side and not just for me on client side nor is it due to my own stupidity as you would like to suggest, kaithan1975.
    By the way, are you a Game Master or just a forums lurker/keyboard warrior? Unless you are a Game Master or a Support person from Cryptic then I'd suggest you not advise unless you really read the problem and make relevant suggestions.

First of all, you can't delete costume slots period, so that's no help.

Secondly: 1) I think it is relevant. And if you've been aware of this problem then why all of the previous comments? Why not just tell me what you did just then instead of wasting our time with suggestions that you should already know will not work? I mean, if it takes a patch to fix it and all. And why have I never seen any posts about it or gotten a response from Cryptic or seen it in any patch notes as being patched? Are you a Game Master for Cryptic, Support person or just a player/forums person?

So much for any research as you now claim. Enjoy your broken costumes, ala where2r1, I'm done trying to help.