test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two PS4 Fleets to stay away from!

shadowhunter#8360 shadowhunter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Fleet Recruitment
The first fleet I need to warn people about is "[Redacted by Moderator]", After joining this fleet I donated and over 2 Million in Resources as well gave over 20 million in EC to the fleet bank to be given the fleet rank of commander. Mind you this is the 3rd fleet rank in this fleet and you still have no access to the store or the bank. I was working on my final 10 Million in EC to earn my fleet Captain Rank "the first rank to get Fleet store Access" when the head of the Fleet changed how he was doing promotions. When I questioned him on it I was removed from the fleet. I was also informed by other fleet members that I could have been promoted right to Captain if i went and got the head of the fleet a PSN Money Card.
The second Fleet I need to warn you about is "[Redacted by Moderator]". The leader of this fleet started out ok. He gave access to almost all the fleet members right away to the store: However, as time passed we all started to notice that members were being kicked at random. When asked why he was kicking members for playing other games and also accused members of being spy's. Logging in the other day I found that I had been removed from the fleet along with most of the fleet leadership. When I asked the other member that had been kicked I was told that I was kicked because I was playing another game with my wife and that I was a spy for the other fleet I warned you about "like i would spy for a fleet that kicked me for no reason".
I am not out to bash anyone by name, so I have not posted there names on here, so if you are walking around Earth Space Dock and you get a request to join one of the fleet listed above, RUN!
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up even though I've never been part of either of those fleets. Frankly the behavior that you mentioned is fairly widespread - at least with console fleets - and discussing these matters in the forum prompts apologists to meander all over the dictionary to get around the fact that Cryptic (yes, like every other MMOG) chooses to look the other way on things like this.

For many players losing the time, energy, resources and effort poured into a group effort like a fleet, only to have that fleets leaders act this way can lead to a CUSTOMER opting out of an ongoing game, but "sure" let's all pretend that nothing can be done about this.

Here's a suggestion, since Cryptic tracks pretty much everything in their game anyway, a person kicked or deleted from a fleet does not lose everything and gets to keep a suitable amount of credit for lost resources? I mean unless an abuse or level of inactivity can be attributed to that player, the fleet owners who pirate and cheat others should not be allowed to coast upon everyone's back - should they? Maybe if that fleet lost those resources they would be less likely to frequently strip away their membership, other than through checks and balances that the games algorithm verified?
  • I would have to agree there is fleets that make ppl pay to be in the fleet. then dont give them any benfits they just want all the glory. That is on the kdf and Fed silde sad to say. Thats why I left one made myown witha friend and we run our fleet nice we help everyone. Sharee info is one of the biggest thing we share. As some ppl dont want you to know info lol Am like uck that. Go!!!!! Army!!!
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,952 Arc User
    [...] I was working on my final 10 Million in EC to earn my fleet Captain Rank "the first rank to get Fleet store Access" when the head of the Fleet changed how he was doing promotions. When I questioned him on it I was removed from the fleet. I was also informed by other fleet members that I could have been promoted right to Captain if i went and got the head of the fleet a PSN Money Card.[...]
    10 million EC / FC is far beyond what any PC fleet would ask of a member to gain fleet store access. Currently things range from mainly instant access to 100K (often waived due to participation) with perhaps a historical high of 400-500K.
    Frankly the behavior that you mentioned is fairly widespread - at least with console fleets - and discussing these matters in the forum prompts apologists to meander all over the dictionary to get around the fact that Cryptic (yes, like every other MMOG) chooses to look the other way on things like this.[...]
    Believe me the last thing I am is a forum apologist. However you got credit for the resources you donated by way of FC that are yours forever. Bad fleet leaders will eventually not have any members. There isn't any reasonable way for Cryptic to become involved in the personal affairs of people in-game unless it's a TOS violation. I've been a fleet member/officer/leader since 2011. Look for fleet leadership that leads by positive example.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    And this is why I don't like these kind of "mandatory contribution" things. Some fleets have so many people that being able to contribute ANYTHING is dang near impossible, thus locking people out if store access is limited by fleet rank to a ridiculous degree. Not only that... it basically sends the message that "Your own personal projects you're working on... don't matter."

My fleet just has one requirement for store access at Member level (rank 2). Interact with us. Get to know us. You know... just hang out and run some STFs with the fleet. Be social.

I personally don't like forcing people to jump through hoops just to have access to a store.

As to the OP mentioning the PSN money card... that is a load of BS. BUYING your way to access? Dude... that's just wrong! Sounds to me like the "promotion system" in that fleet is specifically geared towards giving the leader money to spend on PSN. If I caught any of my fleet members trying to pull that shtako... I'd bust them back down to Recruit so fast their heads would spin. Hell... they will WISH this guy was yelling at them.
    unnamed-file-2.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Yes this has been happen Day one on PS4 KDF Army Amanda does not roll like that at all. Its a game not real world. Amanda's thatg are the same way need to come together and weed out the ones that are bad for the game. PS4 XBOX &PC if their is any fleet out there that wants the same thing Hit me up on PSN commanderblack33 Thank you fro your time.
    May the force be with you!!! Qapla!!
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    [Mod Hat] Sorry you had a bad experience, but naming and shaming is against the forum rules. [/Mod Hat]
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.