test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Unable to complete transaction" bug is still around

xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
Seriously, how long has this been around? And you still can't fix it?

Anyway, trying to claim ships that I purchased, and getting this on every last one of them. This really needs to be fixed.

Oh, by the way, those ship costumes that you had in the store, but now made standard? I'm still waiting for my refund on those.
Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.

Comments

• kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Need more info, like what level are you, what level ships are you trying to claim, do you have enough space, etc.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Level 65, trying to claim as many as I can so that, when I get the ship slots, I can use and unlock them.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    xariama wrote: »
    Level 65, trying to claim as many as I can so that, when I get the ship slots, I can use and unlock them.

So that "when you get the ship slots" ? You can't claim more ships than you have slots for. That is not a bug, that is just how the game works. If you have 10 ship slots and you already have 10 ships, you will not be able to claim any more ships until you either put some in dry dock or discharge them. Or, you can buy more ship slots.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »

So that "when you get the ship slots" ? You can't claim more ships than you have slots for. That is not a bug, that is just how the game works. If you have 10 ship slots and you already have 10 ships, you will not be able to claim any more ships until you either put some in dry dock or discharge them. Or, you can buy more ship slots.

Well, in theory no, but if you have 1 open slot you can claim a bundle and it will put them in your inventory.

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Some ships get put in your inventory in a box, and don't get counted against your ship slots until you open the box. In my experience those ships will always be in a box and can be claimed even if you have no open ship slots. Other ships can only be claimed if you have open ship slots as they were never "programmed" to be in a box. I own a lot of c-store ships and when I was claiming them all on my New Jem I ran into that. Even after filling all my ship slots, it still let me claim the boxable ships, but would not let me claim others that were unboxeable.

As far as the OP, however, other than getting the Admiralty cards, there is no need to claim every ship you have purchased. Hang on to the two or three you are actually going to fly and dismiss the rest (after pulling the good stuff that can be used on your other ships off of them). Go through all your purchased ships, claim till your slots are full, take the good gear off and then dismiss them. You get the Admiralty card as soon as you claim them (or claim and open for boxed ships) and the Admiralty card is permanent so you keep it even if you dismiss the ship. Sometime later if you want to actually fly one of them, just reclaim it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png