test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Important things to do/need to do everyday?

gendorsey08gendorsey08 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
So me and my buddy just hit max lvl, I played a few years ago and took a break, but didn’t really get into max lvl stuff till now. We are really trying to figure out what is the best and most efficient way to get the important things done. What are the super important things to do everyday to maximize profit? We know to get our bonus marks everyday by doing Red Alerts, we’ve been doing the Voth BZ and enjoying that for marks as well.

So aside from marks, we would like to know what are other veterans and the like doing everyday to max their profits such as EC, Dil, Marks, and other currencies and such. We don’t mind grinding at all. Rome wasn’t built in a day so we don’t mind getting back what we put forth the effort into. Been looking through a ton of guides and stuff but a lot of them are outdated or changes have been made. Still learning what Doffs to keep and which to grind down for Fleet stuff. There’s a lot more I’d like to ask, but don’t really have time at work, so figured if anyone had some input on where we should be at and doing what that would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has any links to other posts that would guide us very well we would appreciate that as well.

Comments

• Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I'm no good at making EC but for quick xp to boost how fast you level up, do a fleet alert every half hour if you're in a fleet and able to do so. its great xp below lvl50 at least, and gives fleet marks for earning fleet credit which will help you gear up

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    My self I use the Klingon and ferengi admiralty to get as much ec and dil that’s mainly on my alts. For my main the same but I also do the personal doffs to boost skills and use the fleet boost you can get from fleet starbase
  • Options
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    My self I use the Klingon and ferengi admiralty to get as much ec and dil that’s mainly on my alts. For my main the same but I also do the personal doffs to boost skills and use the fleet boost you can get from fleet starbase

Yea been hitting up Admiralty as much as possible focusing on Ferengi/Klingon missions. We're working on getting our Fleet holdings up and running. Joined an armada as of late. Not 100% sure how to utilize it to the fullest, but they said they would help us out. Which personal doff missions are you referring to?
    gradii wrote: »
    I'm no good at making EC but for quick xp to boost how fast you level up, do a fleet alert every half hour if you're in a fleet and able to do so. its great xp below lvl50 at least, and gives fleet marks for earning fleet credit which will help you gear up

Well as we've already hit lvl 65 we're not really needed xp except for Spec Pts, but thank you for the insight. Can you elaborate on the Fleet Red Alerts? We have our own Personal fleet that is all Tier 0 almost T1 in Dil Mine, but as I said above we joined an armada that is supposed to help us lvl our Fleet Holdings.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I've found elite ground queues (choose fleet marks at the end) to be much faster fleet marks than fleet alerts if you're already leveled, but if your not geared out for ground, then a fleet alert every half hour does definitely add up. fleet alerts are very easy these days and give around 20-40 fleet marks a run I believe. (not sure how much with bonus, I actually have not played in a long time till recently)

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Personal doff assignments such as advance energy weapon training and there’s one for projectile. They show up in the personal tab on doff assignments they are random but they give skill boosts for science engineering and tactical if they hit critical. Also for xp I slot some fed admiralty but I only do the ones that payout large xp they sometimes payout ec but just mainly xp
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • Options
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    Personal doff assignments such as advance energy weapon training and there’s one for projectile. They show up in the personal tab on doff assignments they are random but they give skill boosts for science engineering and tactical if they hit critical. Also for xp I slot some fed admiralty but I only do the ones that payout large xp they sometimes payout ec but just mainly xp

Ah ok, very nice. I didn't know about the Personal Crit buffs. Definitely gonna look into those.
    garaks31 wrote: »
    some personal dailys

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1234873/useful-daily-tasks

admiralty is useful ,to get more ships for that

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Infinity_Prize_Pack_-_T5_Ship

ec , i buy low sell high ; infinity boxes ,doffs (purple) mostly ...

Thank you for the links The daily task one will help get us on the right track. Yea EC is definitely proving to be somewhat of an issue to mass make. Learned the hard way not to buy Zen from steam. Going to download it on Arc tonight that way I'm not locked out of selling keys and whatnot on the market.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    the elite starter pack is a must have one from z store ,i would buy keys only with key ring bundle on discount..
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    the elite starter pack is a must have one from z store ,i would buy keys only with key ring bundle on discount..

Never really considered that one, but it looks decent enough. Does this pack also get discounts with services sales?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ...So aside from marks, we would like to know what are other veterans and the like doing everyday to max their profits such as EC, Dil, Marks, and other currencies and such...

Admiralty, DOffing, fleet mine refinement, and whatever special event is active. And before I start losing commendations points from DOffing I hit the fleet starbase to convert points to fleet marks and since I'm there also convert contraband, prisoners, and crafting materials to dilithium ore. Those would be my daily tasks. I used to religiously hit the academy questions, security officer, and veteran refinement but gave up on that a year or so ago.

Other than that it's whatever I feel like doing for entertainment.
  • Options
    wildcard#0935 wildcard Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I haven't been playing for too long but I have 4 characters maxed level and a 5th within a day or two from max.

Park character in Undine Space Battlezone (Solanae Dyson Sphere). Make sure you are using the Battlezone Doff Missions, the button that appears on the lower right corner of the HUD, they are 600+ point missions of 5 hours. Quite lovely when they crit.

Before I click on those doff missions, so as not to tie up the wrong doffs...
    1) Transwarp to Fleet Research, get the doff mission for R&D bonus points. Do the R&D task for points and dilithium.

2) Fleet warp to Starbase, fleet warp to Dilithium Mine. Do the extra 500 ore processing.

3) If there is an event going on, do the pve que to it. The pve que mission ends and dumps you back to last location which is the Undine Space Battlezone. The events load you up on Dilithium Ore and it would take you days to process it all, no way around that.

4) Do the Battlezone doff missions. Spend reputation points if any.

5) Admirality. That character is done.

I'm only focusing reputation on one character that I play the most at this time. I play others when I feel like it but other than that they stay parked in the Battlezone. On occasion I run to DS9 to do the Haggle missions with the Ferengei trader or sell off things. Work on finishing the star cluster colonizations. Hit Starfleet Academy or New Romulos Command for doffs requisitions, which usually all go to fleet projects. It only took one event to be drowning in ore and before that ore got processed another event comes along to fill up again on ore. Needless to say, dilithium processing is the games main choke point.

Don't need to do this all the time, but that's essentially the daily routine.
  • Options
    snickerfsnickerf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The events load you up on Dilithium Ore and it would take you days to process it all, no way around that.

Can't you refine thousands of Dilithium at Starfleet Academy, pretty much instantly?

• Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    snickerf wrote: »
    The events load you up on Dilithium Ore and it would take you days to process it all, no way around that.

Can't you refine thousands of Dilithium at Starfleet Academy, pretty much instantly?

Nope. If you're a vet/lifetimer you can only refine an extra 1k every other day (500/day). It's not all that impressive and I actually stopped doing it since the strict 48 hour timer, unlike the fleet mine 20 hour timer for 500/day, became a hassle.
  • Options
    chloemachinespechloemachinespe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I like Ground Work, and ship battles I loose atot alone. Maybe I need to hookup with others to protect me ?