test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hunting the edit monster (part 2?)

equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
I just posted this in the above thread - I can see the post but no one else can (in fact when I log out I can't see it either).

I have messaged multiple mods for over a year about this issue and never got a reply (can they even see my PM's? - I don't know)

Last ditch attempt to see if people can see my posts if I create a new topic - and perhaps give the mods an opertunity to see too (if they cant see my PM's) ive messaged @darkbladejk @ambassadorkael#6946 multiple times too - no luck or reply.

Edit:

ps @baddmoonrizin you will notice if you log out at a moderator you will not even be able to see this thread - nor would have anybody have seen the 'multiple threads'. It's a shame you felt the need to delete peters thread as thats the only one people could actually see.
Post edited by equinox976 on

Comments

• Options
    I just posted this in the above thread - I can see the post but no one else can (in fact when I log out I can't see it either).

I have messaged multiple mods for over a year about this issue and never got a reply (can they even see my PM's? - I don't know)

Last ditch attempt to see if people can see my posts if I create a new topic - and perhaps give the mods an opertunity to see too (if they cant see my PM's) ive messaged @darkbladejk @ambassadorkael#6946 multiple times too - no luck or reply.
  • Options

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Oh yea. :|

I was only able to see this post briefly as the latest one made for the general discussion. When I enter general discussion it is nowhere to be found though.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Same here.
  • Options
    equinox976 wrote: »

Just poking this to give the moderators and manager a chance to see it.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    hawku001x wrote: »
    Can't see it on the list.

Yep thats dull. The moment somebody posts somwhere in general discussion the link to this thread will be gone and only the OP can reanimate it. :/

@darkbladejk @ambassadorkael#6946 please help out here.
    animated.gif
  • Options
    Thanks guys - I hope they can do something to help!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    equinox976 wrote: »

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243556/can-anyone-see-this
    animated.gif
  • Options
    tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I couldn't see it either, got here through Pete's thread. And btw, I know at least one person with similar problem.
  • Options
    Thanks very much peter, would be great if there is anyone who could sort it out :)
    I don't know if you'll be able to see this but thanks anyway!
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    I can see it if I click on your link, but I can't see it in the forums directly, despite his post count showing 1900 in that link his profile shows no posts or threads.

I suspect he has been "shadow banned", he can still post it's just that staff are the only people that can see what he's posting without a direct link to the post.
  • Options
    Thank you Peter for creating a thread for me - I did post a thank you in your thread too but I don't think anyone will be able to see it.
  • Options
    bejaymac wrote: »
    I can see it if I click on your link, but I can't see it in the forums directly, despite his post count showing 1900 in that link his profile shows no posts or threads.

I suspect he has been "shadow banned", he can still post it's just that staff are the only people that can see what he's posting without a direct link to the post.

So, the question is, why does this "shadow ban" even exist? If a person broke the rules severely, shouldn't they just get a, well, "normal" ban with message "you're banned".
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    No idea why they do it like this, but they have been using it for about a year now, a certain Dental troll was the first one I noticed being hit with it.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited September 2018
    We see it. The issue is being investigated. Please stop spamming threads, though. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Thank you badmoon. If I had not created multiple threads however it would never have been seen as it only appears briefly at the top of the board when viewing 'all forums' you couldn't actually see the thread once you entered the forum.
  • Options
    ps @baddmoonrizin you will notice if you log out at a moderator you will not even be able to see this thread - nor would have anybody have seen the 'multiple threads'. It's a shame you felt the need to delete peters thread as thats the only one people could actually see.
  • Options
    I didn't delete anything. Everything got merged here. There's no need to have multiple threads on the same issue.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    We see it. The issue is being investigated. Please stop spamming threads, though. Thank you.

Yea, no problem. We are gladly trying to help you!
    animated.gif
  • Options
    Ok... but I don't think you quite understand my issue @baddmoonrizin you as a moderator can see this thread - but no one else can.

Peter created a thread for me to raise awareness of the fact with a link to this thread as no one else can see it (in fact even if I posted in his own thread no one could see my replies)

If you take a moment to view this forum/thread as a none moderator you will see what I mean - the thread does not even appear in the forums nor do my replies (unless you are logged into a moderator account).

Thank you for taking time to reply however - I appreciate it.
  • Options
    Yes, I am aware of all of that. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I didn't delete anything. Everything got merged here. There's no need to have multiple threads on the same issue.

Where is here by the way? I cant seem to find this thread aside from my post chronology. :/

Could you elaborate a bit @baddmoonrizin ? This whole thread seems to be black-holed as well.

@tunebreaker
    @seaofsorrows

Can you guys make anything out of this?
    animated.gif
  • Options
    "Here" is the original thread that equinox started. When merging threads, the older thread is usually the one everything is merged into.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @baddmoonrizin would it be possible to merge this thread into a new one with you as the main poster so that it's visible to the general public?
  • Options
    "Here" is the original thread that equinox started. When merging threads, the older thread is usually the one everything is merged into.

Ah, I get it. So you merged my visible thread into the invisible one of the OP.

No idea how this would help the other players from spamming new threads about the same problem but who am I to question it. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    There's honestly no need for that. There is a solution. I'm just awaiting approval before implementing it. Once this is resolved, this thread will be visible to the general public and closed since the issue will be resolved. Then you'll be able to post normally again.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    OK thank you Badmoon - appreciate it.
  • Options

Where is here by the way? I cant seem to find this thread aside from my post chronology. :/

Could you elaborate a bit @baddmoonrizin ? This whole thread seems to be black-holed as well.

@tunebreaker
    @seaofsorrows

Can you guys make anything out of this?

FYI, the forums didn't notify me of this @ -tagging. Only stumbled here cause I got interested why your thread didn't show up anymore.
  • Options
    @tunebreaker I don't recall seeing the tags before. @peterconnorfirst Did you edit your post to add the tags?

It's possible that editing a post and adding tags during the edit may not alert the tagged person. It's something that I've suspected, but haven't had time to test.
    GrWzQke.png
This discussion has been closed.