test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Schedule

vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
I'm wondering if Cryptic/PWE posts a maintenance schedule somewhere. I've reviewed the forums and STO Reddit but don't seem to be able to find anything.

I wanna have a 'gaming day' but certainly don't want to schedule it on a server maintenance day. Thanks for any info folks!
Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

• vulcanmonkvulcanmonk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Okay I think I found it.

Tuesday, September 18th - 5am PST

7 hour maintenance
    Games affected:
    Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online

Tuesday, September 25th - 5am PST

10 hour maintenance
    Games affected:
    Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online
    Sacca Gavesaka, Fleet Admiral, Commanding
    BSG-Benne Gesserit Consortium

Answers

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    This is PWE's Schedule....I just found out about this stuff the other day.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018

So now, must keep track of PWE's ARC Maintenance AND Cryptic's STO maintenance separately.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Sometimes we have major maintenance on Tuesdays. But that is usually involving a major content release. Why Tuesday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HG_Hx-0ulQ
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Sometimes we have major maintenance on Tuesdays. But that is usually involving a major content release. Why Tuesday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HG_Hx-0ulQ

For major content updates being on Tuesday, it would give an extra couple of days for Cryptic to fix some bugs before the weekend that wouldn't be available if it was released on Thursday.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    I think it's gunna be Tuesday and Thursday on a regular basis for a while, at least until Season 15 is released in November this year. This week's 17 hours were already a new record within 59 hours though (only 42 hours up, 17 hours down). At least the Breach got extended by a day, but the downtime was only 7 hours shy of a full day, so that was a logical decision.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    PWE is doing maintenance independantly from Cryptic's weekly ones.
    PWE is posting their scheduled maintenance separately on their ARC News Page....not here on STO Forums:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018
    Arc Scheduled Maintenance - September 2018

To improve your online game experience, we will be performing a number of upgrades to our network servers throughout the month of September 2018. Our goal is to provide quality services and stable servers for you to enjoy Arc games. Upgrading the hardware of our servers will help create a better experience for your favorite games, and allows us to make additional improvements in the future!

The first of these upgrades are taking place this week. Read the details below for more information on downtimes:

Tuesday, September 11th - 5am PST

4 hour maintenance
    All games will be offline

Thursday, September 13th - 5am PST

4 hour maintenance
    All games will be offline

Tuesday, September 18th - 5am PST

7 hour maintenance
    Games affected:
    Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online

Tuesday, September 25th - 5am PST

10 hour maintenance
    Games affected:
    Neverwinter
    Star Trek Online
    Champions Online

We thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to improve our online services during these maintenance windows. You can find more updates on the official Arc Games Twitter and Facebook pages.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
This discussion has been closed.