Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes and Maintenance on All Platforms

Comments

• Options
    unimatrixalphaunimatrixalpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    yeah but its progress, 5266MB?? thats a lot of bugs to add :p

It's only a 415MB patch. That is if you turned "Patch on demand" off ingame.

you know I just remembered I did that earlier, then again it was many, many hours ago now :tired_face:
  • Options
    tomaswilletomaswille Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    No problem with maintenance. Always know that STO maintenances are always excessive and long and there is nothing we can do about it. If it wasn't for my understanding of game development, I would surely thought them guys are a bunch of amateurs , because they keep messing up things and not able to be ready within ETA. ( 90 percent of the time. )

Yet, the only thing that still bothers me, is that PW is keeping their users at bay by promising all kinds of false stuff. When they say it takes 4 hours, you know they lie. But after 2 times delaying it, they place tweets saying things like: "High possibility that it will be online sooner than the given ETA" and STILL manages to even delay THAT one... Promising a lot of stuff, while not able to deliver, is even worse than having maintenances lasting an entire day, IMHO. This isn't really a promise, but it is a positive manipulation to ease the crowd. Which is not necessary! I could relate with long downtimes. I could not relate with false promises or leeching.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Game patching now about 400 megabytes of new amazing bug- I mean features.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    gradii wrote: »
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope people get fired over this. getting very angry. I'm hardly going to get to play at all today.

To be fair, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. As someone who works in IT I can tell you that sometimes things don't go well despite your honest intent to be as quick as possible. Without going into too much detail part of my job often includes restoration of services and it's often quite challenging.

I understand you're upset, it sucks if you won't get to play today.. it really does. But hoping people lose their jobs, their lively hood.. without even knowing the situation is really harsh my friend. Speaking as someone who's found themselves on the other side of this before, I can assure you that they want to get things back up just as badly as you want them to get things going.
    Whilst I agree, I will note that they don't help themselves sometimes. I'm not sure if it's still there, but they posted a 'Tier 6 Support Cruiser Now Available!' advert post on FB not too long ago.
    Sorry - but that is pretty incompetent.

It is available, though, you just can't actually log in to buy it yet. A message that was probably set up to post at a specific time before these issues came up is far from incompetent.
    johnl75 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    So any word on exactly -why- the maintenance keeps getting extended?

Technical issues. That is all.
    I don't know what I find funnier... the lack of competence in this maintenance or people who honestly think that NOT throwing your money at STO as if it were a coin-op game is some sort of protest. Nobody opened your wallet but you. I mean, what inclined you to open your wallet anyways? Up until this extended maintenance have you been completely oblivious? Or were you too caught up in the gimmicks of the C-Store? Either way, it won't matter. Just look at the player fallout around Delta Rising.

How do you know it's down to 'lack of competence'??? This isn't just STO that's down, it's a number of games service by Arc/PWE.

To quote someone else in this thread... "Then they must just be the unluckiest company ever" Or something to that effect. Also, glad to know you didn't get past the first sentence of my post ;) LLAP

ATM STO is the ONLY PWE game affected by this

No, at the very least the 3 Cryptic games are still down, and probably all of their games.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    modmike1981modmike1981 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Server still down at 22:29 WOW
  • Options
    johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    "It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience."

I hope people get fired over this. getting very angry. I'm hardly going to get to play at all today.

To be fair, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. As someone who works in IT I can tell you that sometimes things don't go well despite your honest intent to be as quick as possible. Without going into too much detail part of my job often includes restoration of services and it's often quite challenging.

I understand you're upset, it sucks if you won't get to play today.. it really does. But hoping people lose their jobs, their lively hood.. without even knowing the situation is really harsh my friend. Speaking as someone who's found themselves on the other side of this before, I can assure you that they want to get things back up just as badly as you want them to get things going.
    Whilst I agree, I will note that they don't help themselves sometimes. I'm not sure if it's still there, but they posted a 'Tier 6 Support Cruiser Now Available!' advert post on FB not too long ago.

It is available, though, you just can't actually log in to buy it yet. A message that was probably set up to post at a specific time before these issues came up is far from incompetent.
    johnl75 wrote: »
    leemwatson wrote: »
    So any word on exactly -why- the maintenance keeps getting extended?

Technical issues. That is all.
    I don't know what I find funnier... the lack of competence in this maintenance or people who honestly think that NOT throwing your money at STO as if it were a coin-op game is some sort of protest. Nobody opened your wallet but you. I mean, what inclined you to open your wallet anyways? Up until this extended maintenance have you been completely oblivious? Or were you too caught up in the gimmicks of the C-Store? Either way, it won't matter. Just look at the player fallout around Delta Rising.

How do you know it's down to 'lack of competence'??? This isn't just STO that's down, it's a number of games service by Arc/PWE.

To quote someone else in this thread... "Then they must just be the unluckiest company ever" Or something to that effect. Also, glad to know you didn't get past the first sentence of my post ;) LLAP

ATM STO is the ONLY PWE game affected by this

No, at the very least the 3 Cryptic games are still down, and probably all of their games.

I cna log into my Neverwinter and Pwe accounts so atm STO is my only confirmed account related to any of this i cant log into atm
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    The login server is up, but not the game servers.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    feld#4914 feld Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Patching for me now at 2:31 PST
  • Options
    chaoscloud#1972 chaoscloud Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    THIS. IS. BALLS. :(
  • Options
    seffo9991seffo9991 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    server still down frack it im off !!!
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Game patching now about 400 megabytes of new amazing bug- I mean features.
    Hehe :D
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I'm just glad I'm not participating in the Breach event. I would be furious by now. After the stuff they pulled (just like this) with the Crystaline Catastrophe, this has got to end...

It takes a lot to get me furious :p (So, don't get me started on the old SS3 nerf *g*). But my Breach event came off cd at 14:15 hours; it's now 23:30 hours (with the servers already offline since 14:00 hours). And I'm looking at losing an entire day here. Yes, I have plenty of margin on the Event; still, this seems to be taking too long; especially in light of them already having had an extra maintenance on Tuesday.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Is there an ETR????
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Nothing still from Tawtter/Facepalm... Im expecting another delay to be honest
  • Options
    shawnawhitewolfshawnawhitewolf Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    it 435 got up date that it still off line
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »

No it's not. Okay, it may be 'on the shelf', but that's a fat lot of good if the shop isn't open!

Zactly! As the man said: "Close is a lingerie shop without a front window!" :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Why am I not surprised... did you all see that Cryptic, itself, will be down for maintanince several times this month?
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Thanks @johnl75
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Make a note theres 2 10 hour maintenance coming up next Tuesday and the Tuesday after.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I'm just glad I'm not participating in the Breach event. I would be furious by now. After the stuff they pulled (just like this) with the Crystaline Catastrophe, this has got to end...

It takes a lot to get me furious :p (So, don't get me started on the old SS3 nerf *g*). But my Breach event came off cd at 14:15 hours; it's now 23:30 hours (with the servers already offline since 14:00 hours). And I'm looking at losing an entire day here. Yes, I have plenty of margin on the Event; still, this seems to be taking too long; especially in light of them already having had an extra maintenance on Tuesday.

They nerfed Super Saiyan 3?! :o
    ;):p

Hehe; I wouldn't put it past them. :p
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Cryptic needs to hire new tech support.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    They won't be here until Tuesday... next century!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    tomilak wrote: »
    Make a note theres 2 10 hour maintenance coming up next Tuesday and the Tuesday after.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/10999993-arc-scheduled-maintenance-september-2018

Dont forget the usual 4-5 hour on Wed morning as well
  • Options
    tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »

Color me BEYOND unimpressed. :neutral:
  • Options
    rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I am spending the down time using STO Skill tree planner to overthink and second guess my chars
  • Options
    pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    pork77 wrote: »
    pork77 wrote: »
    You all just hope I'll leave season 1 of TNG soon behind me, because that may enlarge chances that I stop posting... ;)

Nah - keep posting. :)

And I greatly approve of your signature!

I'll probably stay a little longer... season 2 of TNG isn't that good, either.

And I stole the signature from you, after reading elsewhere on these forums, that only 3 people want the T& Nova, and 6 people sufficed to bring the New Orleans...

And I've been in love with the Nova ever since I first layed eyes on her.

Yeah - Nova class has been my favourite since 'Equinox' first aired.

They actually ran a twitter poll last October - "which ship would you like to buy & play". The Nova class won that poll (31%). However, the Devs decided to combine the votes of the two runner up's (the Ambassador and the Vor'Cha) to get the result THEY wanted.
    Have been waiting four years for a remodelled/T6 Nova and STILL no end to this wait in sight.

Well, I usually don't know of such twitter polls after it's too late... still, the Nova class with its limits in crew and speeds, fired up my imagination, even was planning some fan fiction based on that ship... to fly it in STO, without waiting for my fleet to get to the existing fleet ship, I'd "open my wallet." And seeing the New Orleans in game, which was barely seen on the show, and not the Nova, which was prominently featured twice, is some kind of a letdown.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • Options
    chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Has anyone heard anything? I'm not connected to Arc or Perfectworld on Social Media...
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • Options
    angelux#9643 angelux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @chritmarsh#4963 -- It's all silence at this point.
  • Options
    s0ultaars0ultaar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    When This was Ran by Atari this never Happened.
This discussion has been closed.