test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do i get a Ferengi Nagus Marauder T6 ship?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ferengi_Nagus_Marauder
I'm sure this has been covered before, but i didn't see those posts.
i'm interested to know how I could acquire this ship?
i understand i'd have to spend money on the game and as an adult with a job, i do that fairly regularly.
they did grant me the T6 Intel Assault Cruiser (Archon Class) to which i'm awfully grateful.
however i think i'd like to know how much i have to spend or what time of year i'm supposed to spend this money to be noticed and considered eligable for this.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    PWE marketing randomly hands out shinies, no one knows how or why or when and every attempt to come up with the selection criteria has been met with counter-examples to disprove the hypothesis.

I've received a few of the shinies over the last 4 years (not the Marauder) but I'm far from a whale -- I only spend a little over $100/year on zen.

If you're lucky then over the holidays (Black Friday through New Years) it might become available as either a bonus for buying Zen, or as a thank-you for donating to a charity like Second Life.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Unknown.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well I can tell you one thing having 100k zen isn't going to unlock it.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Per the "Obtaining" on the the Above wiki

"Obtaining
    The Ferengi Nagus Marauder was sent to some players as part of a free package (filled with Enterprise-F crew themed items) who have provided 'outstanding support' for the game. It is currently unknown exactly what was required to qualify for this gift.

Additional Marauders were given away during a promotion in June 2017."

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At this stage you don't. It was a very very special giveaway to certain players that caused a lot of heartache. The only way it would be possible to get that, maybe not Gold Plated Latinum coated, would be if they used that to upgrade the T5 Maurauder to T6 when, and if, they incorporate the contents of the old Ferengi Lockbox into the Infinity Lockbox.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Officially the requirements for acquiring a T6 Nagus are "unknown." Lots of speculation has involved assumptions that some players who spent thousands of dollars were lucky enough to be gifted a T6 Nagus. This is anecdotal but the 2 players that I came across that had a Gold T6 Nagus admitted to spending over 8,000 euros in one instance and over 10,000 dollars in the second instance.

Neither anecdotal piece of evidence is conclusive obviously. In addition to that some people claimed to have spent nothing ever on the game though a dev did allegedly post in twitter that people sometimes claim they've spent nothing when they have in fact spent an absolute ton of money.

Personally I do believe that it was based at least in part on how much people spent. We're talking about a Ferengi gold plated ship here. If that isn't symbolism than I don't know what is.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Officially the requirements for acquiring a T6 Nagus are "unknown." Lots of speculation has involved assumptions that some players who spent thousands of dollars were lucky enough to be gifted a T6 Nagus. This is anecdotal but the 2 players that I came across that had a Gold T6 Nagus admitted to spending over 8,000 euros in one instance and over 10,000 dollars in the second instance.

Neither anecdotal piece of evidence is conclusive obviously. In addition to that some people claimed to have spent nothing ever on the game though a dev did allegedly post in twitter that people sometimes claim they've spent nothing when they have in fact spent an absolute ton of money.

Personally I do believe that it was based at least in part on how much people spent. We're talking about a Ferengi gold plated ship here. If that isn't symbolism than I don't know what is.

I got the TOS holo boffs too, allegedly because I visited a Trek Convention. I didn't. So, one could assume was lying about that, and that, in fact, I did go. Or, we could apply Occam's Razor, and accept the simplest to be true, namely that I simply didn't go, and, likewise, that ppl who say they spent nothing on the game, just really didn't.

I spent a lot of money on this game, btw -- probably way too much, but I can't find a financial total somewhere in ARC -- and I did get the Gold-Plated Marauder. But considering I never went to said Convention, despite PWE's claim to the contrary, I take their supposed criteria with a big grain of salt. Far as I'm concerned, I was just lucky.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    up to 2015 I have bought every C store ship, and countless zen to convert to Dilithium and various other C-store items. have not received a thing except the TOS crew.
    Spock.jpg

• sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I got the TOS holo boffs too, allegedly because I visited a Trek Convention. I didn't

same thing here.

But i don't have the ship. :p
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I got the TOS holo boffs too, allegedly because I visited a Trek Convention. I didn't. So, one could assume was lying about that, and that, in fact, I did go. Or, we could apply Occam's Razor, and accept the simplest to be true, namely that I simply didn't go, and, likewise, that ppl who say they spent nothing on the game, just really didn't.

I spent a lot of money on this game, btw -- probably way too much, but I can't find a financial total somewhere in ARC -- and I did get the Gold-Plated Marauder. But considering I never went to said Convention, despite PWE's claim to the contrary, I take their supposed criteria with a big grain of salt. Far as I'm concerned, I was just lucky.

TOS boffs were given away as a separate PWE promo not too long ago. As a result: they are not convention exclusive.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2018

TOS boffs were given away as a separate PWE promo not too long ago. As a result: they are not convention exclusive.

Except, that, in my case, the email specifically thanked me for having been to a Trek Convention, and that this was the reason I got the holo TOS boffs.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User

Except, that, in my case, the email specifically thanked me for having been to a Trek Convention, and that this was the reason I got the holo TOS boffs.

That's because someone was too lazy to re-write the email before they picked a random set of people to send it to. I haven't been to a con in decades and I got that email too.

This is also why we see event blogs being re-used in NEWS with old text left in that makes no sense :)

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

That's because someone was too lazy to re-write the email before they picked a random set of people to send it to. I haven't been to a con in decades and I got that email too.

This is also why we see event blogs being re-used in NEWS with old text left in that makes no sense :)

It's true, Cryptic loves their copy/paste.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    andyxvers2 wrote: »
    How do i get a Ferengi Nagus Marauder T6 ship?
    1. get in your time machine
    2. go back and then spend LOTS of money on STO
    3. pray that RNGesus loves you and you are randomly given one

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    I believe you have to spend a lot of money. I was one of the lucky ones to get it. It's actually my main ship for all my characters since it was an account-unlock for me. Definitely worth having if you like cruisers or Ferengi.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • rangervegasrangervegas Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Sorry to necro this but i'll add my 2 cents.

I have gotten some of the convention rewards in the past, never having been to the convention, I figured it was something to do with me having a Lifetime Sub. I have not gotten the Nagus myself however. I have in the past spent a few hundred dollars on Zen but nothing close to what alot of people spend. I also have played on Tribble server enough times to get 3 of the Tribble test server tribble awards also.

(Shrug) Just my thoughts on things that DONT guarentee getting the ship awarded.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    NECROMANCY!
    threadnecromancyjk7.jpg?w=640
    @baddmoonrizin
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Don't we have enough dead bodies on this Forum already. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Sorry to necro this but i'll add my 2 cents.

I have gotten some of the convention rewards in the past, never having been to the convention, I figured it was something to do with me having a Lifetime Sub. I have not gotten the Nagus myself however. I have in the past spent a few hundred dollars on Zen but nothing close to what alot of people spend. I also have played on Tribble server enough times to get 3 of the Tribble test server tribble awards also.

(Shrug) Just my thoughts on things that DONT guarentee getting the ship awarded.

Welcome to the forums.

The moderators prefer that you don't bump old threads, this one will soon be locked. It's just how they like things on this board, it's different from most forums where they prefer you post in an existing thread instead of making a new thread.

When this gets locked, don't take offense.. it's not intended that way. If you have an issue you wish to discuss, just start a new thread. It's pretty much the exact opposite of most other forums.

Welcome again. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    Why do people bother saying, "sorry to necro this, but..."? No, you're not, or you wouldn't. :smirk: /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.