test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes and Maintenance on All Platforms

Comments

• johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I look at it this way... Longer its down the better the freebie gift we get when we finally can log in
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    Most of the time STO patches and maintenance are finished ahead of schedule , cut them a little slack on this one people.
    Might as well.... history shows that what we say or do doesn't make a damn bit of difference anyways!
    signature.png
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    tumblr_oml6p81gXu1r2hy3ro1_500.gif
  • dcrose1168dcrose1168 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Well looks like a whole day wasted and i bet they don't extend the event accordingly.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    johnl75 wrote: »
    I look at it this way... Longer its down the better the freebie gift we get when we finally can log in

I seriously doubt it lol but I like your optimism.
  • aetjeaetje Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Kinda wonder if they found database corruption of sorts. I've had some very odd glitches the past week... My main Vulcan toon not being able to use several transwarp destinations such as fleet base, dil mine and research base... and my new JemHarhar toon repeatedly unequipping a bunch of stuff from its current ship. More of a nuiscance then anything else, but if there was an index issue with the databases and they have to be rebuilt, that would explain the long delay. That process takes forever with huge databases.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Well considering todays issues what's the bets we will end up seeing either the servers taken down within 2 hrs of coming back up or them having to take them down tomorrow ?
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    cxeronockx wrote: »
    Now we really know the reason why that new zen package for "Enter The Breach" is released! Because they know that it is almost, or entirely, not possible to achieve the required number of Voth Operative Transmission is due to the whole package of maintenance.

Yeah, I made this same observation in the maintenance thread on Tuesday. It might be bordering on "tinfoil hat" territory, but it does seem at least possible.

It'll be interesting to see if the event is extended. If it is, then great. If it isn't, well, what looks good with tinfoil?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dugzboz#8156 dugzboz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The downtime has just been extended by another 30mins
  • snazell5snazell5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    the launch now says 2.30pm Pacific
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Can't even start to download the patch as the authenticator seems to be dead too.​​

> @"paradoxro#7981" said:
    > dcrose1168 wrote: »
    >
    > paradoxro paradoxro#7981
    >
    > wrote: »
    >
    > Again time is passed but the server is dead :neutral:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Time was extended , reading comprehension is a common skill you may want to invest in. Its posted clearly on the launcher.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Star Trek Online
    > ‏Verified account @trekonlinegame
    > 8m8 minutes ago
    >
    > It's now looking like it might be 2 or 3pm PT until the PC servers are back online. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.
    > 12 replies 1 retweet 13 likes
    > Twiter post 8 min a go

Can you possibly QQ more? here's an idea, do something else.
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Has it ever made a difference what is said about anything here? I wonder..... Those in power will do things as and when they wish. It is up to us as clients to wait and hope that what they supply is of better quality when they finish. But then some like to be held captive. .... feeling ... captivated?
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    extended with 1h 1/2 says the launcher, thats for Europe (West-Europe, not UK) at the earliest 23h30 (?), there goes another event time. The least they can do is extend the event by a week.
  • paradoxro#7981 paradoxro Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    We will be performing shard maintenance on September 13 from 5 AM-2:30 PM Pacific (12:00-21:30 UTC). Please check the forums.Good job!
    Glad i'm not paying a sub at least, otherwise i would actually be pissed off. Just annoying i had planned on playing most of the day. Guess that's what i get for skipping a couple days.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Dm_c3Z-X4AEKWAv.png

Love the picture. :)

As for downtime, be patient, folks. Most of the Cryptic staff is on NW and other places. So just chill out, yo. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Well i sat around long enough. Its pretty obv they have Ferengi at the com regarding current situations. Time deploy a marker buoy and abandon ship...
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Some of us are still waiting to play and have been almost all day.
    tenor.gif

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    This is the third time I've sat down to play, only to find out the servers will be down for 'x' amount of time. The first time, understandable- maintanince is part of the game. 2nd time, Okay, wtf. This isn't cool. 3rd time, ready to take my money and go elsewhere. I understand sometimes stuff happens but this is absolutely ridiculous. One more extension and you people will NEVER see another dime from me. Period.

On a side note, what is this 'freebie' everyone's talking about?
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • woowhizerwoowhizer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIISE extended
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Okay cryptic can we please get a day's extension on the 'Into the Breach' event? - some of us haven't been able to play STO all day thanks to your unexpectedly long maintenance.
  • n8pu#8193 n8pu Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    It takes a while to train new Gerbils... Not waiting around today for STO to come back on line today. I guess that is what I get for having a life time membership....
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Just back after a one year involuntary hiatus,
    I see everything is still the same XD
    Still glad to be back though.

Welcome back!
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    It's late here in Europe. Cannot play today anymore :| MUST to bed :(
    Qapla'!
  • angelux#9643 angelux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Live video feed of server maintenance in progress:
    93e.gif

TRIBBLE happens sometimes.
  • lostcause212lostcause212 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    So any word on exactly -why- the maintenance keeps getting extended?
    yjIzVE9.png
This discussion has been closed.