test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joined Trills, Factions, and Notes

pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
Hello STO community and Devs! First off let me begin by saying how much I have enjoyed the new content Victory is Life! But in playing it, I have noted a few things, and wanted to post it here to see what others think, including the devs.

On Joined Trills:

They literally start with no past lives, which is antithetical to being a Joined Trill, which is to benefit from previous life times. Now that you have figured out how to place special elements to a species, like the Jem'Hadar Vanguard, perhaps you could grant the Joined Trill with a single captain specialization with a level start of 60. This would truly make playing a Joined Trill what it would have been like to begin with.

On Factions:

Odo essentially has a faction, and being that you added the Gamma Quadrant, and episodes to support the Jem'Hadar story arch, why not just make it a third faction? It makes sense because of how you designed it, and it would allow a better reason for Cardassians not having their own faction.

On Special/Cinematic Episodes:

The mission where you play Quark and his team rocked, let's see some more of these, and perhaps you could do a whole expansion on cinematic episodes, where we play an actual movie set. I think a lot of players would love that.

Finally, keep up the great work. I have actively played the game since 2012, was a member in 2010, and only recently started to get into fleets. This game keeps getting better as developers think outside the box.
Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    The joined trill thing sounds good, makes it actually worth buying it.

But the faction thing has a lot of problems attached. The faction alignment system is rooted so deep down in the game core that it would be a huge undertaking to meddle with it. That's why we don't have cross faction teams, fleets or armadas and the reason why every new "faction" (rom, TOS though they weren't given a choice, jem) was forced into the old red vs. blue scheme.
  • pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    That makes sense.
    Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."