test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Support Cruisers Stats!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Support Cruisers are coming to PC this week, and we've got the stats on each of them! Which ship will you be commanding?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903

Comments

• lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Full temporal spec? There's a pleasant surprise. Usually you all don't release full spec ships in the C-store after the initial batch, you only do lockbox ships. Makes it all the more unfortunate that the Romulans were left out, though.
  • firstaid#5667 firstaid Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Hooray! A T6 Ambassador which can slot two Lt.Comm Science! This is a dream come true, thank you so much devs!!!
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Great looking designs, good statistics, & I'm impressed the Narendra & the Vor'ral actually have different console settings besides the minimal differences for having a cloak & not having a cloak. The special Console & Trait seem okay, just not sure how useful. "up to 30 stacks maximum." for the Trait sounds great but not sure how practical & often would be utilized depending how much a stack adds. At least there are fleet versions of these ships, but that's a double edged sword right there for the costs of, now trending, 2 ship bundles.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    the kdf ship: a lt science would have been better, at least we would have had a real universal station. the lt commander universal will be used as a sci station. Not sure, if I'm going to buy this ship. I try to avoid ships which have lt commander sci.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    It's ironic how the T6 version of a ship nobody knew was involved in time travel gets the Molecular Reconfiguration mechanics while the T6 version of the Wells-class, a ship everyone knows is a ship dedicated to time travel doesn't.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I wish they would change the Ensign Tactical on the Ambassador to a Universal, would be a lot more useful.
    Bridger.png
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    wait full spec, based on the good set up, in the c-store... I don't understand. this makes no sense... did I end up in the mirror universe somehow?

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • bridgernbridgern Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    If I was still playing STO, I'd buy it.

And you are still here!

Bridger.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @bridgern said:
    > kabutotokugawa wrote: »
    >
    > If I was still playing STO, I'd buy it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And you are still here!

Maybe he just likes the ambiance of these forums.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I'm gonna need some account-wide ship slots real soon I think! :D
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Looks like a good ship, both stat-wise and appearance-wise. I’ll be buying it for sure.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    It's ironic how the T6 version of a ship nobody knew was involved in time travel gets the Molecular Reconfiguration mechanics while the T6 version of the Wells-class, a ship everyone knows is a ship dedicated to time travel doesn't.

Don't forget a ship that wasn't even involved in time travel a.k.a. the Vor'cha is a temporal ship, oh the Vor'cha was apparently built to combat the Dominion, 3 years before the Dominion was even discovered.

Oh and another history lesson, the Romulan Republic was meaningless to the Iconian War...so the Empire and Starfleet left them out of advances in starship design.
  • doublechadoublecha Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    Disappointing
    Qapla'
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Don't forget a ship that wasn't even involved in time travel a.k.a. the Vor'cha is a temporal ship, oh the Vor'cha was apparently built to combat the Dominion, 3 years before the Dominion was even discovered.

Oh and another history lesson, the Romulan Republic was meaningless to the Iconian War...so the Empire and Starfleet left them out of advances in starship design.

What part of time travel don't you understand? ;)

• jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    The stats look awesome cant wait for these ships. But I do have to echo the Rom and Dom both deserve a ship equal to the ones released here, like a Romulan and dominion ship from the same time as the Ent-C with a old and new skin. Being full spec ships those 2 factions could really use them added to the roster.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    bridgern wrote: »
    I wish they would change the Ensign Tactical on the Ambassador to a Universal, would be a lot more useful.

Agreed. I feel Ensign seats limited to a single class are a bit pointless these days, far better to have universal and allow maximum flexibility.
    SulMatuul.png
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @lnblade said:
    > Full temporal spec? There's a pleasant surprise. Usually you all don't release full spec ships in the C-store after the initial batch, you only do lockbox ships. Makes it all the more unfortunate that the Romulans were left out, though.

The romulans were the bad guys at Narendra 3, they don't deserve a ship.
    Also, this new t6 ambassador class has more hull hp than the t6 galaxy, t6 flagships, t6 galaxy dreadnought cruiser.

There is no reason for this lack of parity, unless you're just keeping us sweet with power creep cryptic? - I thought so.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited September 2018

They just want to make a fast buck. Logic not involved on this one since the metrics rule again. At least the Console is Universal – Temporal Trajectory Shifter. What a consolation price tiger-11.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    Intact I've just read all this thread. No parity whatsoever because there's not enough going back and updating stuff. Not enough ships for the other factions. Not enough uniqueness between the ships released between different factions... just disappointed in this lackluster release
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...not only was the rom and dom faction left out of a second pack...it's a full spec one at that. SERIOUSLY...WTF.

Indeed. And the only full-spec that still has no c-store warbirds at that. At least Klingons will have their own temporal ship now.

Cryptic, please, make at least full-spec ships a guaranteed all-faction releases.
  • cervaruscervarus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I really hope we get ROM and DOM versions of these ships. I also hope they're unique enough from the prime factions to make them worth a purchase. They both already have the unique mechanics (wingmen and singularity abilities). What else could they do?
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    Really. "Support Cruisers" with Cmdr. Temporal seating, while the T6 Temporal Sci/Destroyer has only Lt. Cmdr. Temporal seating. What is this?
  • vahdovahdo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Why are there no romulan ships in ship packages anymore? Where is the romulan flavor, if one can only use the ally's ships? Give the Romulan Republic some love :) Same thing with the Recon Destroyers :(
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    @patrickngo, have a look. It's the Tork, but with a LCDR uni and Ens uni instead of Lt Uni and Ens Eng, and Temporal Operative seating on the Cdr Eng. I think Cryptic actually read the T6 Vor'cha thread.

Very nice.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I was telling people that they would make a possible T6 ambassador have full temporal a while back.