test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Support Cruisers Join the Alliance Fleet

Comments

• kidinthehall#2744 kidinthehall Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Sounds like Romulan stuff just isn't as profitable to keep churning ships out as often, makes sense.

I'll definitely be getting this pack as I love the designs of both these ships.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay.
    *Looks at signature*
    It means there is hope, reyan! People have already given up hope on ever getting a Tier 6 Vor'Cha, and finally, an eternity later, it's there. So there is still a chance there will be a Tier 6 Nova one day.

I'm not seeing it - but guess am just FAR too used to being disappointed at this point.
    I guess the one tiny glimmer of hope is that recent canon ship releases have been Crusier (Excelsior) - Eng, Destroyer (New Orleans) - Tac, another cruiser (Ambassador) - Eng, so Science is overdue.
    But that doesn't mean that, IF a science ship pack does appear, it'll be the Nova.
    At this point the disappointment is horribly predicable.

Yeah, it could always be the Deathstar with Nacelles, the noble Olympic :-D
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Two of the most iconic ships are available and some people still complain... :'(
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The noticeable omission of a romulan ship from another ALLIANCE bundle is kind of concerning.

Already boycotting the store due to the idiotic flash sale times but this just reinforces that view.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    WOW! It's about damn time! Where is the Kamarag though? A huge thank you to the person who got this done! PWE has earned my money this time around. I hope the Kamarag is not too far behind.
  • robertjenkinsrobertjenkins Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    time to buy more ship and drydock slots LOL glad to see this ship added.. I guess next will be the original Intrepid class prototye
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I think they are more likely to do Warship Voyager than the prototype Voyager.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I think they are more likely to do Warship Voyager than the prototype Voyager.

I would also throw down some cash for Warship Voyager! :D
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    > @smokebailey said:
    > ~Gives Reyan a hug~
    > Still hope, though.

I'm not convinced. AoD is upcoming and it's irrelevant to that so.....

No one thought we'd have new ambassadors. Or t6 mirandas....but.....
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    The noticeable omission of a romulan ship from another ALLIANCE bundle is kind of concerning.

Covered last time: there are ROM/DOM ships on the way but with the development lead-up to AoD (and quite a lot of ships teased for that) Cryptic isn't able to provide them at this time. Instead, we're seeing a few minimalist packs to tide the population over until AoD (see. making sure the lights stay on) with the aesthetic ROM/DOM options left out because they can use these ships at a base level.

Would be great if we could have all the things, but during this period it's not possible.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    cervarus wrote: »
    I'm just going by what Kael said in the Recon Destroyer thread and the weekly livestream. There will be more Romulan ships. Kael said:

Yeah, we know. No one is saying they will NEVER make another Romulan ship. But they are going to make FAR LESS than they used to. That is the point, and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves.

This isn't speculation either; we now have an actual fact pattern. Pre VIL we never had a single faction pack that did NOT include Roms (post LOR of course). Post VIL we have not had a single faction pack that HAS included Roms. The reason is obvious: they did not want to have to keep making sub-faction variants with every release, and allowing the sub-factions to use their allies ships "solved" their "problem".

We know the deal. It's obvious to anyone who isn't sticking their head in the sand. My point is let's just be honest and open about the situation and not pretend like Roms will get anywhere NEAR the same amount of ships they did before. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm being realistic.

Worth quoting to all of those in the past that said complaints were unjustified.

No Romulan content equals less play time and zero desire to spend another real life penny. I put in well over a hundred real life $ in this game, but that combined with the persistent lack of end game content, the mountain of bugs accumulating to no end, it's done for me.

Why did we make endless characters across so many factions in the first place? Grind the same content, pay multiple times over, just so Roms get shafted with 'play your alliance.'
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User

Already boycotting the store due to the idiotic flash sale times but this just reinforces that view.
    You are not the only one. The devs don't seem to understand how much they are hurting there own sales with the unfair flash sales.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Stats are up: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903-support-cruisers-stats!

(I figure there will be a forum thread for that, too, but I didn't see it yet.)

Temporal Commander with Molecular Reconstruction abilities sounds interesting.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Stats are up: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903-support-cruisers-stats!

Cryptic's really testing my willpower with this one. I'm on an AoD save but...but shiny.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 86 Arc User

Thursday can't get here quickly enough for me! :)

• trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    oh look no romulan ship....again. This time we're adding a whole new type with new gimmicks and we're still too lazy to make a warbird...

this used to be the kinda 3 ship bundle I'd jump on immediately but, pass...

+1 here too as my main character is ROMULAN.

I actually do not like the look of this supposed Ambassador class design. It really SUCKS. Big time. Give us the Yamato alternate and I'd buy the FED ship. As it stands, nope. No thanks!

This KDF ship looks like it got hit with the ugly tree too. I'd buy more ships if they actually looked like TOS and/or TNG ships. I'm holding off in sheer disdain as it seems Cryptic is being spiteful with continued underwhelming starship designs.

For Pity's sake, look at the K'tinga! Now, look at yours. Look at the K'tinga again, and again, and again. Then build a T6 K'tinga!​​

Yeah I can't believe we still have not been given a "real" K'tinga. Just look at the underbelly and you will see one major flaw there... and it's not the only one...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    edited September 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Nice, thanks for posting the link for the stats!

casualsto wrote: »
    I think ignoring Romulans and Jem'Hadar (Dominion) is not good. I'm looking forward to some Romulan new ships for now. Until then, I guess we can wait.

I'm not buying another ship until we get more Romulan and Jem'hadar ships. It seems like the Federation and the Empire have not faith in their ship designs. They keep changing them...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    edited September 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @jcsww said:
    > avoozuul wrote: »
    >
    > I think they are more likely to do Warship Voyager than the prototype Voyager.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would also throw down some cash for Warship Voyager! :D

I can’t wait for it, we are supposedly getting one at some point if I remember correctly from a stream a last year I think . I’m guessing it could be a voyager anniversary ship or something. Fingers crossed anyway :)
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Nice Hull stats too on the Support Cruisers
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    > @jcsww said:
    > avoozuul wrote: »
    >
    > I think they are more likely to do Warship Voyager than the prototype Voyager.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I would also throw down some cash for Warship Voyager! :D

I can’t wait for it, we are supposedly getting one at some point if I remember correctly from a stream a last year I think . I’m guessing it could be a voyager anniversary ship or something. Fingers crossed anyway :)

I hope so! I like the Intrepid, especially the two Intrepid interiors, but the Warship Voyager would complete the the ship package for me.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    > @duncanidaho11 said:
    > postagepaid wrote: »
    >
    > The noticeable omission of a romulan ship from another ALLIANCE bundle is kind of concerning.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Covered last time: there are ROM/DOM ships on the way but with the development lead-up to AoD (and quite a lot of ships teased for that) Cryptic isn't able to provide them at this time. Instead, we're seeing a few minimalist packs to tide the population over until AoD (see. making sure the lights stay on) with the aesthetic ROM/DOM options left out because they can use these ships at a base level.
    >
    > Would be great if we could have all the things, but during this period it's not possible.

This would have been a valid point IF the one two faction pack was all we got until AoD. But it isn't now is it. There is no fraking reason to do what they did other than to make it clear that they are abandoning rom and dom harder than they do the KDF now. And KDF is almost abadonware. Looks like the rom and dom faction is the new PvP...aka actual abadonware.

I was about to say almost the exact same thing. 1 ship pack after ViL with no Rom/Jem ships, okay, I get it. All dev time is being used for the AoD stuff.

However, a second pack mere weeks after the first and yeah, I can see where folks would start thinking this way. Do I blame Cryptic for "keeping the lights on"? Of course not, but 2 ship packs in 3 weeks and no Rom/Jem ships is a pattern. They could have made this second pack a Rom/Jem one and people would not be complaining like they are.

Of course, a Rom/Jem pack is not as likely to sell as well as either of the last two, so again, I get it. Business.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Whatever you may think, Discovery is already in STO, has been made canon with mentions by Martok and it very much deserves to be a part of this game. However, your post here is off track about what this thread is about and that is talking about the T6 Ambassador and T6 Vor'cha.
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    casualsto wrote: »
    I think ignoring Romulans and Jem'Hadar (Dominion) is not good. I'm looking forward to some Romulan new ships for now. Until then, I guess we can wait.

I'm not buying another ship until we get more Romulan and Jem'hadar ships. It seems like the Federation and the Empire have not faith in their ship designs. They keep changing them...

I have a feeling you have no clue about how updating ships to Tier 6 works. New designs have been done for a little over 3 years now in this game. Every Tier 6 ship, even Romulan ships received an updated look when they were given Tier 6 status.]

Agents of Yesterday was that way for ships and the TOS story ONLY. Remember that Klingons and Romulans received little focus in TOS to really justify doing anything for them. The devs were remaining faithful to TOS.

Age of Discovery is going to be the same way, because for one, we run into the same problem that TOS had with the Klingons. There are mentions of Khaless and they have incorporated canon elements from later series that were addressed, but this doesn't help when you realize the following about the Klingons from Discovery: THEY AREN'T UNITED.

Since we don't have a clear explanation why the Klingons are at war with each other and there's not much they can really go on from discovery, they are keeping it primarily fed-centric for the part of the story and also introducing cross-faction episodes as well.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Two brand new starships - updates to the classic Ambassador and Vor'chas - are coming to Star Trek Online on PC, and soon Console! Check out the details here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998853

hoping to see all the T5 ships that have not made it to T6 ey get done, Ho'sus, Norgh, Kamarag, Gladius, Kazon Raider just to name a few
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    at this point Im half convinced the new norm will be 1-3 warbirds a year bundled with a jem'hadar stat clone
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    Well, I was very unhappy with Cryptic's decision to let the Romulans be able to use pretty much any SF or KDF T6 ship but SF and KDF can't use any warbirds, but I guessed it was because they were planning to cut down the number of warbirds they'd be releasing. Glad to see that I was correct but its still a terrible idea for both sides.

It isn't fair Romulans got access to all our ships while we didn't get access to any of theirs, but its also now not fair they're not getting nearly as many new warbird designs as they used to.

Way to irritate two parts of your playerbase Cryptic.