test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vor’cha

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    From twitter:
    "For those wondering, the Narendra will customize with the Ambassador and the Vor'ral will customize with the Vor'cha."
    Older skins of both ships won't get updated (from a reply thread)
    "Unfortunately adding the Guardian or the Kamarag to these ships is not feasible for a number of reasons."
    DmwsdXnU4AATTnZ.jpg:large

I'm not sold on the head, most of the rest is solid. I might just swap the head for the older Vor'cha one and keep the rest.

where2r1 wrote: »
    Turn rate is what I am looking at.
    I loved the Anniversary Kamarag. Never used the Vor'cha. Or Tor'Kaht.

I wonder if Cryptic rolled Kamarag stats together with the Vor'cha to come up with this incarnation. ??? Waiting for the next Dev blog, sitting on the edge of my seat.

Vor'cha and Tor'Kaht have 10 deg/sec base, which is only slightly slower than the Kamarag's 10.5 deg/sec base. While noticeable, particularly with lots of percent turnrate boosts, it's not huge.
  • noven2000noven2000 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    What happened to the Kamarag???
    And since when is the vor’cha a support cruiser???
    The vor’cha was on par with the galaxy and d’deridex it was never a support cruiser. In the TNG era the Negh’var was actually superior to both the galaxy and d’deridex not on par with does two ships. For this reason only one existed it was a command ship not the fleet mainstay. The Klingons fleet front line battle cruiser was the vor’cha along with the other factions galaxy and d’deridex.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Vor'cha and Tor'Kaht have 10 deg/sec base, which is only slightly slower than the Kamarag's 10.5 deg/sec base. While noticeable, particularly with lots of percent turnrate boosts, it's not huge.

Really...give me a list of turn rate boosts in the game, that I can go research and verify, please. If you don't mind. Thanks!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Really...give me a list of turn rate boosts in the game, that I can go research and verify, please. If you don't mind. Thanks!

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Skill:_Impulse_Expertise

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    icsairguns wrote: »
    and the console it coming with will it be a two piece set since we don't have a c store vorcha to combine with it? and will its stats be as they should or copied and pasted from the fed ship. as they have done in past.
    But we do have a C-Store Vorcha to combine it with.

The Feds, on the other hand, do NOT have a C-Store Amby console. It is rightfully THEIR turn to be without set!

we don't have a c store vorcha unless you count buying 4 FSMs as a c store option. and will we finally get a discount on the fleet tork if we buy this? lotts of questions we still need answered before I get all thrilled. but to stay positive if it is an upgraded tork great they made a sale. but if they monkey with it and copy paste fed stats its just another fail that they can say KDF don't buy ships... I think all it is is KDF is not nearly as stupid as the fed player base and refuse to fly junk.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    noven2000 wrote: »
    And since when is the vor’cha a support cruiser???

It's a Support BattleCruiser. The "Support" is basically just the theme they use as excuse to group Ambassador and Vor'Cha in one pack.

Support Cruiser or Support Battlecruiser has about as much meaning as Temporal Destroyer or Star Cruiser. It's just fluff.

Battlecruiser has a bit more meaning, since it usually implies a certain set of Cruiser Commands and the capability to use dual (heavy) cannons.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.

Awwwww. When you said, "with lots of percent turn rate boosts, it is not huge". I took it to mean there was a list of many different sources of turn rate, and I wanted to review how many may work out for me.

Already maxed out on Impulse Expertise in the skill tree. And I use RCS consoles. On my BoP and Pilot Raptors.
    Oh well.

This is WHY I am going to be looking at turn rate on the stats for Vor'Cha.
    If the turn rate is 10 or LESS....I will just test on the T-5 Vor'cha I purchased recently in the Shipyard.
    On 5 characters. For admiralty cards.

So, let's hope the Devs "bring it".

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    coldnapalm wrote: »

RCS (turn), advanced engine rep trait, pilot spec, A2D with 100% uptime, EptE with 100% uptime...that's what I use on a turn 10 ship to use dual cannons.

Thanks Coldnapalm. I am sure I can get the Aux to Dampeners and Emergency Power to Engines in the Vor'cha because I expect it to have more Eng. I use Pilot Spec, now. (But not for much longer..I really need to study other specializations).

Is "Advanced Engine" the name of the Rep trait? I don't have Gamma filled out on anyone, yet. But I can still research it.
    I removed all Space Rep Traits and Active Rep Traits because I do not want "bleed overs" with the Specializations while I study them.

How are people getting 100% up time on BOFF abilities? And is it necessary? I am not sure it is.
    I notice a difference with just a few cool down reductions.
    Now, those...the cool down reductions...those are hiding all over the place.

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    icsairguns wrote: »
    we don't have a c store vorcha unless you count buying 4 FSMs as a c store option.
    Did you actually click the link? There is indeed a C-Store Vorcha. It may be a ****, low-tier Vorcha, but it is indeed a Vorcha-skinnable C-Store ship with a Happy Meal Toy.

you mean that vorkang thing . lol ok its performance I surly hope they don't try to use as a base line for anything.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Stats are out: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10998903-support-cruisers-stats!

Vor’ral Support Battlecruiser [T6]
    • Tier: 6
    • Faction: Klingon and Klingon Allies
    • Level Required: 50
    • Hull Strength: 1.2 (36,000 at Level 40, 41,400 at Level 50, 48,000 at Level 60)
    • Shield Modifier: 1.0
    • Fore Weapons: 4
    • Aft Weapons: 4
    • Device Slots: 3
    • Bridge Officer Stations:
      • 1 Lieutenant Tactical,
      • 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical,
      • 1 Commander Engineering/Temporal Operative,
      • 1 Ensign Universal,
      • 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal
    • Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science
    • Base Turn Rate: 10
    • Impulse Modifier: 0.15
    • Inertia: 30
    • +10 to Weapons and +10 to Engines
    • Cloaking Device
    • Can Equip Dual Cannons
    • Console - Universal - Temporal Trajectory Shifter
    • Molecular Reconstruction
    • Starship Ability Package (Battlecruiser)
      • Absorptive Plating (+Physical and Kinetic Resistance)
      • Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Critical Severity)
      • Enhanced Plating (+Energy Resistance)
      • Armored Hull (+Hull HP)
      • History Will Remember (Starship Trait)
    • Cruiser Communications Array
      • Command - Strategic Maneuvering
      • Command - Shield Frequency Modulation
      • Command - Weapon System Efficiency
    There is also a fleet version (+1 Tac Console)

Looks interesting to me.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    "1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Commander Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering/Temporal Operative, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal"

Interesting Universal layout, as it means that if you're willing to use just one Sci ability (usually Hazard Emitters), you can run 2x Lt. Comm Tactical. The Extra Lt. Tac spot in such a thing means you're likely going to want to dip into Lockbox/mission/Event Tac abilities, though.

"Console Modifications: 3 Tactical, 4 Engineering, 3 Science"

Ugh. You have to buy the Fleet version if you want 4 Tactical consoles. I was poking through the Shipyard a few days ago, and it's surprisingly common for the last few Battle Cruiser releases to have 3 Tac C-Store with 4 Tac Fleet, but it's still disappointing.

The Trait looks interesting, depending on numbers. Should be nice for anti-Hurq duties, but not going to stack up much in an Infected:The Conduit run. Console is yet another true Universal, passives are kinda meh, but the active turnrate and cooldown boosts could be interesting.

Awwwww. When you said, "with lots of percent turn rate boosts, it is not huge". I took it to mean there was a list of many different sources of turn rate, and I wanted to review how many may work out for me.

Look at the 'Modifiers' section of that page, there's a fairly decent sized list. It may not have expanded if you were viewing on mobile.

To clear up confusion, "While noticeable, [...] it's not huge." I was giving a subjective review of the turnrate difference. When the Kamarag came out I had the Fleet Tor'Kaht on my main roughly configured the same, and I could tell the difference in gameplay, but it wasn't a severe difference. "[L]ots of percent turnrate boosts" part I was talking about Skill points, RCS and fast engines which all stack against the base speed of the ship, adding up to greater than 50% boost to turnrate (I.E. "lots").

Actually, I am looking at the Wiki on mobile, now...And I can see all that.

I have a new ad blocker on Chrome...which is awesome! It blocks every single ad on that Wiki!
    But, it looks like it is blocking a lot of other stuff, too.

Eh, looks like I need to spend a wee bit of time on the settings. LOL!

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    The Universal arrangement is more than I thought Cryptic would do for this thing.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

RCS (turn), advanced engine rep trait, pilot spec, A2D with 100% uptime, EptE with 100% uptime...that's what I use on a turn 10 ship to use dual cannons.

Thanks Coldnapalm. I am sure I can get the Aux to Dampeners and Emergency Power to Engines in the Vor'cha because I expect it to have more Eng. I use Pilot Spec, now. (But not for much longer..I really need to study other specializations).

Is "Advanced Engine" the name of the Rep trait? I don't have Gamma filled out on anyone, yet. But I can still research it.
    I removed all Space Rep Traits and Active Rep Traits because I do not want "bleed overs" with the Specializations while I study them.

How are people getting 100% up time on BOFF abilities? And is it necessary? I am not sure it is.
    I notice a difference with just a few cool down reductions.
    Now, those...the cool down reductions...those are hiding all over the place.

Add Attack Pattern: Omega, the Prevailing Innervated Engines from Competitive Wargames Reputation, Evasive Maneuvers, Helmsman personal space trait, Deft Cannoneer, the K-13 engineering consoles with (Turn) and hull penetration, Klingon granny. The Polaric Modulator engineering console is another one that also adds turn rate and inertia increase.
    edited September 2018
    Egads!! A lot of stuff! Thanks for your time, guys.

For my testing and studying.....I use no Rep gear, no Fleet gear, I have dumped all Space Rep Traits including Active Rep Traits and Space Starship Traits.

What the hell is a "Klingon Granny"???

And another console from a mission I haven't even got to, yet. I think I should concentrate on attempting to find time to finish all these story missions and unlock all the sets and stuff.

Oh and topic: Vor'Cha.... I am not going to get this new Vor'ral.

I will stick with the T-5 Vor'cha to see if I like battlecruisers at all. After all the time I have spent in raiders and the Pilot Raptors.

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    well they did in fact "forget" about the vor'kang console and needing to make a set.

the ship is very nice though, gonna have to get the other versions so I can really customize it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    well they did in fact "forget" about the vor'kang console and needing to make a set.

the ship is very nice though, gonna have to get the other versions so I can really customize it.

Yeah, a set bonus would've been nice. But I don't know what would've been added. Improved console CDR? Increased turnrate?
    Just did a simple kitbash with the thing, to give it a "modern" D7 look. The parts I had unlocked for this character were the normal Vor'Cha, T4 Vor'Kang, and the T6 Vor'Ral. I thought something was off in my parts selection and then noticed that the Tor'Kaht skin wasn't unlocked. I never bought the old T5 Fleet Vor'Cha / Tor'Kaht on this toon.

KNmQqP8.jpg
    dwwmjX7.jpg

Vor'Ral hull, mission pod, saucer. The hull gives a "modern" look that still derives from the D7, Vor'Cha hulls. The Vor'Ral saucer is a bit more derivative of the D7 one and not the Vor'Cha.

Vor'Kang neck. I went this route because the long, slender Vor'kang neck reminds me of the D7 one.

Vor'Cha nacelles, but I think the Tor'Kaht nacelles would look better here.

The Vor'Cha skin wasn't updated at all like Galaxy, Sovereign, Defiant, etc. did, but it accesses the typical T6 KDF skins.

Visual customization wise, T6 Vor'Cha has more options than the T6 Ambassador, which is funny since these simultaneous faction releases tend to leave KDF / Rom customization options at zero while Feds get choices. But Vor'Cha has a long history of derivative ships to choose from, provided you bought them prior.

I have another KDF toon, Santa K'Laus that is still flying the old T5U Fleet Vor'Cha, so I'll give him the T6 and see how all the options look with it.

Pretty happy with the ship, BOFF stations so far. Vor'Cha always flew wonderfully and was an excellent DHC Boat.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    nightken wrote: »

Yeah, a set bonus would've been nice. But I don't know what would've been added. Improved console CDR? Increased turnrate?

epg wold be nice, the vor'kang's console scales with it and the vor'kal is a temporal ship. but really I don't think it matters what just the it gets one. anyone know which dev to ask about that may actually do something about it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    edited September 2018
    I thought something was off in my parts selection and then noticed that the Tor'Kaht skin wasn't unlocked. I never bought the old T5 Fleet Vor'Cha / Tor'Kaht on this toon.
    [...]
    I have another KDF toon, Santa K'Laus that is still flying the old T5U Fleet Vor'Cha, so I'll give him the T6 and see how all the options look with it.

It's odd that I keep hearing different things about whether or not the Tor'kaht skin is available if the toon doesn't have a Fleet version nor the old C-Store visual unlock. I'll have to check if mine does. Edit: Mine does not have the Tor'kaht parts on my toon without a Fleet Vor'cha. I was watching a video last night where someone was hitting Random in the Tailor and Tor'kaht parts popped up, even though he professed to not have a Fleet version on his, but I've hit Random several times and none of those parts show. I suppose he could've had the old-school visual unlock and forgot about it or it's a random bug.

Also note that the Fleet T6 has the Tor'kaht skin as it's default, so you won't need to pay 4 modules for oldie if you want those parts.

Pretty fun ship so far. I'm a bit iffy on the looks of the head of the Vor'ral model, but I do like that the round cannons at the front are where single beams and sometimes torps come out.

I think I figured out my turn rate issues. Need more practice, though. :smile:

I thought something was off in my parts selection and then noticed that the Tor'Kaht skin wasn't unlocked. I never bought the old T5 Fleet Vor'Cha / Tor'Kaht on this toon.
    [...]

It's odd that I keep hearing different things about whether or not the Tor'kaht skin is available if the toon doesn't have a Fleet version nor the old C-Store visual unlock. I'll have to check if mine does. Edit: Mine does not have the Tor'kaht parts on my toon without a Fleet Vor'cha. I was watching a video last night where someone was hitting Random in the Tailor and Tor'kaht parts popped up, even though he professed to not have a Fleet version on his, but I've hit Random several times and none of those parts show. I suppose he could've had the old-school visual unlock and forgot about it or it's a random bug.

Also note that the Fleet T6 has the Tor'kaht skin as it's default, so you won't need to pay 4 modules for oldie if you want those parts.

Pretty fun ship so far. I'm a bit iffy on the looks of the head of the Vor'ral model, but I do like that the round cannons at the front are where single beams and sometimes torps come out.

Just to follow up for clarification, I got on my character that did have the Fleet T5U Vor'Cha / Tor'Khat and the parts were unlocked for him on the T6, so he got the full works for parts: Vor'Cha, Vor'Kang, Vor'Ral, and Tor'Khat.

Thanks for clarifying about the T6 Fleet version unlocking the Tor'Khat parts
    XzRTofz.gif
    Just did a simple kitbash with the thing, to give it a "modern" D7 look. The parts I had unlocked for this character were the normal Vor'Cha, T4 Vor'Kang, and the T6 Vor'Ral.....<snip>....Vor'Kang neck. I went this route because the long, slender Vor'kang neck reminds me of the D7 one.

I have no compulsion to spend on a T6, right now.
    Though, I had time to move a character into a T5 Vor'Cha Retrofit, yesterday, and send it off to the tailor to play.

And preferred the T4 Vor'Kang neck, too! It just gives a cleaner line.

I did get to use the parts of the new T6 Vor'Ral (I can play but can't take it out of the store). But even with the "paper doll" aspects, wasn't sold on the look. I know they tried to avoid being too ornate (I think Discovery goes way over the top with that). It did not appeal to me.

This discussion has been closed.