New Support Cruisers Join the Alliance Fleet

Comments

• jorumgandrjorumgandr Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    No warbird, no buy, as simple as that.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yay.
    *Looks at signature*
    It means there is hope, reyan! People have already given up hope on ever getting a Tier 6 Vor'Cha, and finally, an eternity later, it's there. So there is still a chance there will be a Tier 6 Nova one day.

And in the meantime we can enjoy flying around the cool Tier 6 Vor'Cha. A maneuverable Klingon Cruiser that is a worthy member of the Klingon lineup.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Awesome.
    But another lazy ship bundle. A while ago no time for more ships cause of AoD, and nowanother 2 for Fed and KDF only.
    There is always something in development, so that’s not a valid reason not to include stuff.
    ViL added ships during development and even some quick newbies after a while (Jemhadar experimental weapon)
    You actually acknowledge the fact that allies who can fly there allies ships are from now on the low priority list and they can fly either KDF or Fed anyway.

The Pilot ship bundle was another fail. But at least all factions got a ship choice.
    Less pilot seats then the previous one. The kdf and romulans just got a visual kitbash s(h)ame ship.
    No sing core Romulan ships is a fail. Didn't know the Romulans downgraded just for that ship the Iconian template into a fed ship.
    And i loved the Iconian Romulan look, but thats a matter of taste.
    And for Andorian players they are great, but that’s where the 9 ships where developed for annyway.
    Besides the event ships wise seating’s offcourse.

This is the 3rd Bundle which disappoints and a skippable bundle. There to expensieve as Admirality cards only.
    And kinda done with "the no time" lies.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Absolutely nice looking ships, the Fed looks more like just some new assets applied but well done whereas the KDF looking more brand new & both of these have been wanted for a long time too. Too bad nothing for the Romulan side ... again.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I just hope its got good stats and we can change the skin. I didn't see that design when archer was in the future but you did see vor'chas not sure why they rename it and not just call it a refit and keep the canon looks about it.

and the console its coming with will it be a two piece set since we don't have a c store Vor'cha to combine with it? and will its stats be as they should or copied and pasted from the fed ship. as they have done in past.

personally to the Rommy people crying I hate the bundles because they almost always turn out to be copy paste we would all be better off and have more diversity if they were single items. and I don't play fed side KDF only here.

but ill be optimistic on this and say you made a sale on a Klingon ship so long as its not gimped into a messed up copy paste Feddiefied garbage scowl.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• calford24calford24 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Ok, this is good an all... but... where is the T6 Vo'Quv?????
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I could care less about the T6 Ambo, but I seriously like the look of the Vor'ral.
    80503d606b953c248190ce60bfddfcfd1536586332.jpg
    Nicely hybridizes the Vor'cha and the Tor'Kaht, and that hammerhead bow looks a lot better than previous ones.

Speaking of the Tork, my only concern is that they didn't mess with the stats and boff layout any (beyond +1 boff seat, obviously): the Tork is an extremely good ship at T5U and I'd like to not have to completely rework Brokosh's ship.

Also, irritated at the lack of a warbird.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    For a nice change I like the designed of those ships. But unless they are good with mines its unlikely I will buy them. Any chance we could get a mine layer ship in game at some point? We have good ships for torpedoe boats, canons, pets, beams e.c.t but not real stand out ship for mines.

Uh...Have you not seen this ship?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Vorgon_Ytijara_Dreadnought_Cruiser
    Yes I have seen it and it’s a terrible ship for mines. I abandoned it as it just does not work. I thought it would be workable as the one nice thing about it is the mines move extra fast. But that doesn't make up for all the other weak areas.

It's not going to be a pure minelayer build, no. But try it as an energy primary, mine secondary: it can do some wacky stuff with Nukara web mines. Here's my build: https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/d210c656ce1987b31501ac327800251b

Also, they reduced the shared cooldown on mines quite a bit several patches ago.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• carguy1701#7145 carguy1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    What will this mean for the Support Cruiser Retrofit? Will that ship be available in the C-store or will it remain exclusive to the players who unlocked it?
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    oh look no romulan ship....again. .

I know that was going to happen when they gave Romulans access to Fed and KDF ships.

I do like the looks are these, it will come down to the seating and consoles.

Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Love those ships, another must buy!, But yeah!.. like everyone else.. a warbird would not be bad.. or a Jem/Rom bundle...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Next up will be a T6 Nova and T6 Kamarag.

What is more disturbing than not having Romulan/Jem'Hadar Ships is the increase in costs for the Ships. A nine-pack is 12,000 Zen. Four of these two-packs will give 8 ships and will have a list price of 16,000 Zen for one less ship. They are also not Fleet grade so will require a FSM in addition to bring them up to equivalence.

Well at least to get a Fleet Level Ambassador now you only need one FSM and not four. :)

Still no Lifetime Jem'Hadar/Shuttle.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • cervaruscervarus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I have concerns about these two-ship bundles, myself. However, I've learned that they're the result of limited resources being spread between Victory is Life and Age of Discovery. The lead ship designer does ships like this in the personal project time he gets as an employee of Cryptic. It's why we got the Lafayette/New Orleans, and possibly why we're finally getting T6 Vor'cha and Probert Ambassador. I'm hoping that once Age of Discovery out the door we'll get ROM and DOM versions of these ships.

When they added the Dominion faction I had concerns that 4-ship bundles and what would be 12-ship Mega Bundles would simply be outside of affordability, even for an STO whale like myself. Even with discounts a bundle of that size would likely be around $150. I suppose a solution to that is ship bundles for the major factions and then for the allied factions separately.

They've assured us in the livestream that they're not stopping development of Romulan ships. Let's see how that follows through.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    As mentioned by others, the lack of Romulan ship is again disappointing.
    The 2 designs are amazing, however, but whatever happened to the Tier 5 Kamarag?
    The T5 Ambassador has been released as a freebie a couple times now, but the Kamarag just hasn't been seen since 2013.
    Well, OK, the Kamarag is what the Vor'cha comes from originally, but at least let us have the parts of them all be interchangable in the Ship Customiser.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • phigsphigs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am SO excited, loved the Ambassador Class (and the tribute in the name)!! I wonder if there will be a fleet version?
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Hmm, so roms miss out again.
    Will we gat a new ship no later than 2020 ?

Any other romulans starting to feel like a refugee on DS9 ?
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)

Given a choice between the NO and a Rom/Dom equivalent for the Amby, the latter should have been the obvious way to go.

I'm also a little salty about the lack of a Kamarag but that's far and away the less important thing about this release.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • lagomorphic#0794 lagomorphic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hey @rattler2 remember our fun convo in the last thread where they didn't make a Rom ship? Here is that pattern you were waiting for.
  • lagomorphic#0794 lagomorphic Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So let me once again make this point:

You are without a doubt going to see FAR LESS Rom ships than you used to.

No, I'm not saying they won't make ANY new Rom ships. I'm saying they are going to make FAR LESS than they used to.

Whether that is "right" or "wrong" is debateable, but the devs should at least be HONEST about the situation and not pretend otherwise.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    ~Gives Reyan a hug~
    Still hope, though.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    You are without a doubt going to see FAR LESS Rom ships than you used to.

No, I'm not saying they won't make ANY new Rom ships. I'm saying they are going to make FAR LESS than they used to.

Whether that is "right" or "wrong" is debateable, but the devs should at least be HONEST about the situation and not pretend otherwise.

It's odd that people would still be surprised by a lack of a Romulan ship variant. To me this was the obvious outcome after they made endgame faction ships available to Romulan captains. Clearly they don't think that making Romulan variants are worth the effort anymore.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Cryptic definitely seems to be shifting resources around lately & sacrificing focus on the Rom-side of STO ships for now. I still remember someone in chat awhile back stating something about a shortened Dominion/Jem'Hadar chapter was probably because to focus on the upcoming Discovery content. I wonder if these ships will already be at T6 fleet tier or just T6 & 10 console slots?
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Well they *did* say that there will definitely be more Romulan and Jem Hadar ships coming... Maybe those two will get their separate bundles?

In any case - Yay for T6 Ambassador, and I just *knew* that a T6 Vor'cha would make many people happy, so that's good too ;-)
  • ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    FINALLY! THE PROBERT-AMBASSADOR SHALL RISE!!!!
  • splitboysplitboy Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    oh look no romulan ship....again. This time we're adding a whole new type with new gimmicks and we're still too lazy to make a warbird...

this used to be the kinda 3 ship bundle I'd jump on immediately but, pass...

+1 here too as my main character is ROMULAN.

I actually do not like the look of this supposed Ambassador class design. It really SUCKS. Big time. Give us the Yamato alternate and I'd buy the FED ship. As it stands, nope. No thanks!

This KDF ship looks like it got hit with the ugly tree too. I'd buy more ships if they actually looked like TOS and/or TNG ships. I'm holding off in sheer disdain as it seems Cryptic is being spiteful with continued underwhelming starship designs.

For Pity's sake, look at the K'tinga! Now, look at yours. Look at the K'tinga again, and again, and again. Then build a T6 K'tinga!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I am still wishing for a T6 Oberth.
    djf021 wrote: »
    I told you the Guardian was not the T6 Ambassador!
    As did I.

thetanine wrote: »
    oh look no romulan ship....again. This time we're adding a whole new type with new gimmicks and we're still too lazy to make a warbird...

this used to be the kinda 3 ship bundle I'd jump on immediately but, pass...

+1 here too as my main character is ROMULAN.

I actually do not like the look of this supposed Ambassador class design. It really SUCKS. Big time. Give us the Yamato alternate and I'd buy the FED ship. As it stands, nope. No thanks!

This KDF ship looks like it got hit with the ugly tree too. I'd buy more ships if they actually looked like TOS and/or TNG ships. I'm holding off in sheer disdain as it seems Cryptic is being spiteful with continued underwhelming starship designs.

For Pity's sake, look at the K'tinga! Now, look at yours. Look at the K'tinga again, and again, and again. Then build a T6 K'tinga!​​

Because a K't'inga and a Vor'cha are totally the same ship, right?
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    2nd 2-pack release in a row, and no Romulan Warbird. I bet the next time we see a warbird, it'll be late next year, and in a promo pack, lockbox gamble, or lobi store.

Next ships to come out will be Discovery based with AoD...A.K.A. no Romulans in it.