test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

good news Vor’cha-class fans

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So does it mean that at T6 you can go to fleet and buy a T6 ship for gobs for resources like with the T6 Lukari ship? Requires 5 fleet mods? Per toon who wants that ship... each toon will need to reach T6... yeah. /yawn
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Why on Earth would you assume that?
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Not sure why that's good news for Vor'cha fans, unless it'll be able to use Vor'cha skins. Seems more like bad news for Romulan players, though. Between this and the destroyers, it doesn't bode well for future Romulan ship content.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    So does it mean that at T6 you can go to fleet and buy a T6 ship for gobs for resources like with the T6 Lukari ship? Requires 5 fleet mods? Per toon who wants that ship... each toon will need to reach T6... yeah. /yawn
    Um...does what mean that? The announcement doesn't say anything about acquisition.
    edited September 2018
    Why on Earth would you assume that?

past precedence... colony world at max rep you can go to fleet and buy a T6 ship. requires 5 fleet mods and gobs of resources per toon (ship not account unlock). do you honestly think they will give you an account unlock for maxing it on one toon?
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I guess Grethor has frozen over...
    Spock.jpg

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    lnblade wrote: »
    Not sure why that's good news for Vor'cha fans, unless it'll be able to use Vor'cha skins. Seems more like bad news for Romulan players, though. Between this and the destroyers, it doesn't bode well for future Romulan ship content.

considering the new cruiser can use the new orleans -galaxy skin I can't see why not
    Spock.jpg

• tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    There's no way in hell they are going to pass up such a good money making opportunity. Even though this particular blog doesn't say it out, T6 versions of those ships will be coming for sure.
    Lukari Dranuur Scout Ship - requires your fleet to have T5 Fleet Colony World. Only 20k fleet marks (nice), 1 Starbase Military Fleet Ship Provisioning... and this is the kicker... 5 Fleet Ship Modules. So 2,500 Zen/$25.

This is per toon. Not an account unlock. And if you some how dismiss the ship... you need to pony up another 5 fleet mods.

Yeah once your fleet grinds all the way to finish off T5 Fleet Colony World... you get the honor and privilege of spending about $25 in zen to buy a ship for 1 toon.

Don't get me wrong here... I would be very happy if they just gave you the ship for free once you max out T6 rep. But I just don't see them doing that.
    No, I'd expect them to be C-Store ships, selling for 3000 zen each, with a two pack also available.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    My God. On the Federation side they finally designed a original 25th century Cryptic ship that LOOKS LIKE an actual Star Trek ship. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Did anyone notice the typo in that blog? "he is supposed to be the." LOL
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    And it is now offical that the romulan faction is dead.

Nah - Cryptic confirmed that they are planning to continue designing Romulan ships in the future. And I mean, they have never lied to their playerbase before.
    Obviously sarcasm.

Thing is, I wouldn't even have much problems with it, if they were upfront with it. But no, Cryptic again needs to live up to its name to the fullest and has to continue with vague promises ("I want to assure you we aren't planning on never making another Romulan or Jem'hadar ship"), obviously leaving an incredibly bad taste to everyone's mouth.
    Don't think your players are all 5 or something, we aren't that stupid.

Oh, and who wants to bet we are getting another pointless mini-faction with AoD, complete with recruitment event, that turns into yet another fed (or maybe kdf) clone at the end?
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    T6 Vor'cha and Ambassador and it doesn't seem like the fans are being punished for harassing them like the Connie fans were.

I may buy them, it might give the Ambassador skin some use.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    CStore ships, just like the New Orleans was a couple weeks back. And it'd be just silly, not to mention stupid, if they didn't allow the old skins to be used on these new T6's. Probably even get an updated skin of the T5's.

Also, no new Rom or Jem ships. Figured as much. But, I'm willing to bet they will eventually release a pack just for Roms and Jems. A 2 pack, 1 for each. Of course WHEN that will be...?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Very interesting. But... support cruiser ? I've got this sneaking suspicion I won't get a pimped Tor'kaht.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    jim625 wrote: »

Don't forget the T6 Ambassador and to brace against the Romulan complaint storm approaching....
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    T6 Vor'cha!!! T6 Vor'cha!!! T6 Vor'cha!!! <3<3<3
    *Dances around maniacally* :D

TBH, both of the new desigs are good. The Narendra Class looks sexy as hell and very modern and yet retains the very traditional Starfleet design. Very nice!
    The Vor'ral pretty much speaks for herself - it has that Klingon battlecruiser killer look and will be a strong contender to use instead of the classic Vor'cha. Which doesn't surprise me at all, Cryptic always nails Klingon ships when it comes to the design.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Lukari Dranuur Scout Ship - requires your fleet to have T5 Fleet Colony World. Only 20k fleet marks (nice), 1 Starbase Military Fleet Ship Provisioning... and this is the kicker... 5 Fleet Ship Modules. So 2,500 Zen/$25.

This is per toon. Not an account unlock. And if you some how dismiss the ship... you need to pony up another 5 fleet mods.

Yeah once your fleet grinds all the way to finish off T5 Fleet Colony World... you get the honor and privilege of spending about $25 in zen to buy a ship for 1 toon.

Don't get me wrong here... I would be very happy if they just gave you the ship for free once you max out T6 rep. But I just don't see them doing that.

No, 99% chance these will be C-Store ships with a 2-ship bundle at 4,000 zen and 20% off for the first weekend.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    My God. On the Federation side they finally designed a original 25th century Cryptic ship that LOOKS LIKE an actual Star Trek ship. ;)

The Guardian circle-strafes around your point and reduces it to its component atoms.

• nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    C4MWmi9WAAA_7IM.jpg
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, whilst pleased that the Ambassador/Vor'Cha fans are very probably finally having their wish granted, I can't help but feel offended here. There was a poll last October:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/BorticusCryptic/status/921547628835323904

Or, if you don't want to click the link:
    T6 Vor'cha
    28%

T6 Nova
    31%

T6 Oberth
    13%

T6 Ambassador
    29%

I could say more - but I think I'd rather create a new thread instead.

They could be saving the Nova class for S15.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    Yes, it was done soley to annoy and offend you.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    So...here is the venerated Vor'Cha. And....I don't like the way it looks.

Is it decorated?? How odd.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    giphy.gif
    Nice looking ships. Glad the Klingon players got their T6 Vor'cha. Congrats.
    tenor.gif?itemid=10758118​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    edited September 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    So...here is the venerated Vor'Cha. And....I don't like the way it looks.

Is it decorated?? How odd.

Aw... Don't you like that mighty hammer shaped head? It is a ship worthy of a Viking!-- I mean Klingon!
    p0249161161535-item-e9d7xf4x0750x0750-m.jpg
    Well if you don't want... Feel free to pass me one and the honor will be mine!
    XBY1Y-22MWB9yWqQCJiweNNX9XQpwWmc6Y7nBaDIwRM.jpg?w=654&s=472a4a42733a3e4a1602de2129fb098a​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I wouldn't get too excited, I'm getting the feeling that the t-6 vorcha isn't a t-6 vor'cha, it could be just my paranoia acting up, I hope it is, cause I'ld love the excuse to buy both.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    No, I'd expect them to be C-Store ships, selling for 3000 zen each, with a two pack also available.

You know what... I automatically thought it would be tied to T6 rep since these ships were mentioned in comments in the T6 rep thread. I looked over the T6 rep post and couldnt find any mention of ships so I would wondering wtf. Then this so...

Anyway if it's C-store 2 ship pack... that would be nice too.
    nightken wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited, I'm getting the feeling that the t-6 vorcha isn't a t-6 vor'cha, it could be just my paranoia acting up, I hope it is, cause I'ld love the excuse to buy both.

"The Vor’ral is a successor to the venerable Vor’cha-class battle cruiser." Yeah it is your paranoia.​​
This discussion has been closed.