test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Random Task Force Operations!

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hey! Are you guys gonna add Ultra Rare and Epic to the regular Endeavors???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    @borticuscryptic
    You want specific. Okay. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread the Fire phase in Undine Infiltrator is bugged and causes autofail on Elite. Sometimes causes autofail even when not on Elite even though that shouldn't be able to happen. You simply can't put the fires out, no matter what.
    This bug have been around for year. It have been reported for years. I know because I've done my share - and more than my share - of reporting it.

You want specifics? Great. The thing is though that a lot of these bugs have been reported, in detail, time and again, only to be ignored.
    But okay, I'll go through my list of bugs in queues (foots or whatever they're called now) and report them. Again. Maybe they will finally get attention now, after being reported for a few years.

Question is, what is it that is causing them not to look at the feedback? Things tend to get fixed if they know how often it occurs. Like for example, if you were to run Undine Infiltrator, out of 10 runs, how often in those 10 runs will it come up?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Would be interesting if they removed all requirements for elite marks... otherwise... I still need to pick and choose which Que I need to do.
    > @theomenn said:
    > Just anohter attempt to force us to play less played content.

Actually, it is voluntary.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    > @dracounguis said:
    >
    > I will sit in the most horrible queue all by myself and wait for my four victims teammates! >:)

Very funny. :smiley:

• njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    UGH! this is very troubling. I get my daily fleet marks in UAA. If you let these randoms join a que (That's what I will still be calling it sry) there goes my optional bonus marks for the day. 3/4 of the people that play UAA need to get Isomorphic Injections to complete a rep project. THEY DON"T GO IN TO UAA KNOWING HOW TO PLAY IT! Therefore about 3/4 of the time they kill the end boss before we finish the optionals (Errant Rifts) ruining a good fleet mark que. PLEASE don't allow randoms to join a que for people that know what they want and how to get it. YOU MUST SEPERATE THESE 2 somehow. Give the people that know how to play the ques a filter to block randoms or you are going to lose the remaining people that play the popular pve's. I will be forced to do a CCA once a day (takes 2 min) to get my bonus fleet marks losing 100 Fleet Marks a day is really gonna suck. FILTER THE RANDOMS OUT!
  • ambrodeldkambrodeldk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    What excites you, or makes you anxious, about the prospect of opting into Randomized content, and why?
    Anxious: Ground AND Space in the same queue. For all the same reasons that have been posted previously. Seperate them, PLEASE!
    Excited: Prospect of getting to do more than just the popular ones instead of signing up for something as the only person and waiting around for a few hours with nobody else joining that particular queue. The bonus marks/dilithium rewards are a nice addition, but not what makes me participate.
    Which existing TFOs do you hope see more play time under this system, and why?
    All the good old ones that people just don't play because they no longer need the elite marks from that particular rep or it's so much easier to do something else and then convert normal marks to elite.
    Which existing TFOs would you consider yourself ‘unlucky’ to be placed in, and why?
    Any and all Ground TFOs. I am NOT a ground player. I do not want to play Ground stuff other than the regular missions. It just doesn't appeal to me.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Would be interesting if they removed all requirements for elite marks... otherwise... I still need to pick and choose which Que I need to do.

You can always convert normals to elites. Picking and choosing still works, you just won't get the bonus box at the end.

Edit: I just read this bit
    Including both Ground+Space is absolutely intentional, and exceedingly unlikely to be altered.
    I believe that should be changed to "exceedingly likely". Isn't the purpose of this game to have fun? Ground combat is not fun for me outside of missions. If I sign up for Random and get a Ground, I might as well log off and play something else. Even if you put the penalty timer as low as 10 minutes, that's 10 minutes where I'm exceedingly unlikely to stay logged in. If I start another game, then I might spend my time there for the rest of the evening, way past the penalty duration. That's time I won't be playing your game. Isn't the whole point of everything you do to make sure that I WANT to play your game? I know that we will never agree on every single change or addition, but this one..... Please reconsider. Please change "unlikely" to "likely". If they stay combined, I will use the Random feature until I get a Ground TFO and then I will leave team and log off, leaving the rest of the team one person short. Where's the fun in that, for anyone?
    Post edited by ambrodeldk on
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Hey Folks. Just wanted to pop in for a quick response, summarizing some of the feedback thus far.

First, I'll quote myself from Twitter here:
    Including both Ground+Space is absolutely intentional, and exceedingly unlikely to be altered. But addressing Build/Spec concerns that stem from this choice is definitely on my list for further review.

"Further review" is obviously open to a lot of interpretation (purposefully!), but could include considerations that have been mentioned here by players. Things like region-specific builds, or allowing region-specific Specs to be active simultaneously. No promises here, obviously, but it's a big enough concern - and a totally understandable one, at that - that it will definitely be explored.

Here are a few other specific points of feedback I wanted to respond to:
    • "There are too many broken/buggy TFOs!"
    Ok. Send us lists, please, with specific details about the bug(s) being encountered. There are more than 100 TFOs to weed through, and we're doing our best internally. But there's just no reasonable comparison between the volume of "playtesting" that you players can carry out, compared to what we can accomplish internally. If you see something that is broken, we need to know exactly where and how in order to be able to pursue a fix of any kind.

This type of feedback without specifics is frankly worthless to us.

That said...
    • "Azure Nebula Rescue is a buggy mess!"
    Yes! Almost-actionable feedback! It'd only be better if it was more specific. ;) Fortunately, we already are aware (we think) of what the issues are/were with this content.

ANR has recently undergone a major update to fix a lot of logic failures that could cause the ships to not spawn in as expected (or, will very soon be undergoing these updates). I'd invite you all to try this one out on Tribble to see if the issues have already been addressed.
    • "Older TFOs don't reward well enough to be worth this!"
    Entirely possible. Our hope is that - at least for the initial release - the additional rewards earned from entering via Random will offset these concerns.

One of our sub-goals of this system is to generate a larger volume of specific, actionable feedback and data analytics for the various TFOs available to players in our game, with a long-term eye on improving/updating this content (and/or its associated rewards) and creating a more consistent experience. Right now, most of the data we have available only shows that certain TFOs aren't played, but sadly can't specify why. We're going to be doing a lot more internal reporting on player statistics after Random TFOs roll out, to see how actual play data compares to anecdotal feedback we've already been receiving. We'll be looking at factors like "# of Seconds to Complete" and "Average Rewards" as compared to things like "Average Player Damage Dealt/Received" and much, much more.
    • "The presence of ((Specific TFO)) will cause me to not want to use this system."
    This is understandable feedback, but I'd ask anyone making this assertion to once again look at the list of the types of TFOs already being Excluded. Thus far, the ones I've noticed causing this complaint have already been excluded. (Examples: Fleet Alert, Competitive Rep TFOs)
    • "What happens with EV Suit content?"
    This is why we have come to rely on players for feedback! I frankly hadn't thought of this specific issue, in among the myriad others that have already been reviewed. Until we find a way to improve the EV Suit functionality and understandability, we may have to just remove the Ground-Nukara TFOs from Random eligibility.

---

Thank you all again for showing so much interest and passion in this that you're willing to discuss it in such depth. I hope you'll invest just as much time and interest in trying it out on Tribble when it becomes available for testing.

Also, thanks for the kind words regarding the attitude/voice of this Dev Blog. I had a lot of fun writing it, and hope to be able to replicate similar fun styles with future announcements. This is a GAME, after all. Let's all have some fun!

Nothing matters if the devs are still out of touch with the playerbase.

Jman, you were the chosen one. As a former player, it was said that you would destroy the barrier between devs & the players, not become out of touch like the others. You were supposed to bring balance to the game, not leave it more out of touch with the playerbase...

Joking aside, I am interested in how the bundling of ground and space queues into the same rng group, ever got off the white board?

In a game that doesn't allow the splitting of ground and space loadouts, it should never have been considered, let alone actually being implemented..

As it stands, I will not be partaking in this at all. The rewards aren't worth it to take the risk of getting a queue that I don't like (and there are far too many of them in the game to list here), so will just stick to the few reliable queues I do now.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    I like the idea in theory BUT and its a big but with all the changes you have made to the system like reputation skills many of us build our char skills to the mission we are about to do. so for a ground mission I wouldn't choose space traits for the rep system in the active reputation tab of the traits window. like say medical nanite cloud if your doing space you don't need this active. this needs to separated like you separated the personal traits and space and ground reputation traits into two sections.

and then the random rewards again im ok with that in theory but it goes back to the old days of getting honor guard gear where it was random drops and you guys did away with that saying it was unfair. in reality it was the only reason we even did those missions back then until you nerfed it and made it all inclusive for the people who cried about how unfair it was. because it took them forever to get the sets .

I think you just have to many new people or people who have forgotten why we did those missions and people kept doing them. as compared to now. and the whole advanced and expert modes for the missions is a bad thing too. in trying to be fair you are just segregating your player base rather than bringing us together . and turned the game into lets just do the easy mission we can do fast to get our daily caps of dil and marks and then we are done.

Please bring back the war with the feds this whole play nice stuff has destroyed the Klingon Empire. and makes me as a primary KDF player just avoid almost all of the games content that makes the Empire into lapdogs.

War makes us strong. and strength makes us Klingon.

I just hope that you do not kill the Empire further by forcing Discovery style Klingons on us in any way shape or form.

instead of random Ques why don't bring back hourly Events doing those old missions and just let them reward double or even triple EXP for that event only.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Ugh, why? RNG is awful. I won't be participating in it. You do realize people avoid certain content because they just don't care or want to? I'll live with waiting in a QUEUE for my chosen content to start. Even if it is several minutes.

You're going to profit from it either way. Say you want to play Counterpoint. After queuing for it your team will be completed with players who have queued for random TFOs. So, whatever queue you're chosing, it's most likely going to start after only a few minutes.

Lol, no he won't. I've seen it happens many times in many different MMOs. People will queue for the Random just to get the bonus attached to it and then leave when they find themselves in something they don't like/thinks it's too long/don't know how to play.
    Leaver/AFK penalty won't mean anything, 'cause people usually just log in with another character, play a bit to wait out the Penalty and then go back to the original toon they wanted to play.

Also, mixing Ground and Space it's not gonna go well, so I'll probably end up adding to the number of people that won't take advantage of this "new" feature. Thanks, but not thanks.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Hey Folks. Just wanted to pop in for a quick response, summarizing some of the feedback thus far.

Ok. Send us lists, please, with specific details about the bug(s) being encountered. There are more than 100 TFOs to weed through, and we're doing our best internally. But there's just no reasonable comparison between the volume of "playtesting" that you players can carry out, compared to what we can accomplish internally. If you see something that is broken, we need to know exactly where and how in order to be able to pursue a fix of any kind.

Wouldn't it be easier if you specifically started a thread regarding issues that people have encountered recently that way everyone has a visual record of any and all issues being reported that way you don't get 1000 & 1 specific bug report on one specific mission.

At least this way the Forum community can look over everyone else's bug submission and just add to the list that has not been reported yet.

And what would also be very helpful if you guys were more transparent seeing as you have not been getting bug reports on bugs that have been on the game for over a year so I think it's time for you guys to acknowledge any issues that have been reported, make a list and post that list that way the community knows that you are aware of the issue whether you fix it or not is a completely different story but once it's in print and posted there is no way for any of the devs to crawl back and say I did not know about it, we did not know about it no one submitted a report about it even though it's been an issue for let's say 18 months, this keeps everybody honest and transparent.

Just so you are aware, filling out bug reports is not a fun thing to do and when you tell us that you had no clue about the bugs, makes us feel that we just wasted our time.

So just to repeat, to avoid this issue in the future you are going to have to do your part by being more transparent and acknowledging and creating and posting a list of all known issues that have been submitted that way the community does not feel ignored.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Ugh, why? RNG is awful. I won't be participating in it. You do realize people avoid certain content because they just don't care or want to? I'll live with waiting in a QUEUE for my chosen content to start. Even if it is several minutes.

You're going to profit from it either way. Say you want to play Counterpoint. After queuing for it your team will be completed with players who have queued for random TFOs. So, whatever queue you're chosing, it's most likely going to start after only a few minutes.

Lol, no he won't. I've seen it happens many times in many different MMOs. People will queue for the Random just to get the bonus attached to it and then leave when they find themselves in something they don't like/thinks it's too long/don't know how to play.
    Leaver/AFK penalty won't mean anything, 'cause people usually just log in with another character, play a bit to wait out the Penalty and then go back to the original toon they wanted to play.

Also, mixing Ground and Space it's not gonna go well, so I'll probably end up adding to the number of people that won't take advantage of this "new" feature. Thanks, but not thanks.

It might not get hardcore grinders and farmers to stick with queues, but many players don't have a roster of alts to rotate through like that. The majority who are more casual players will be nudged into eating their vegetables.

I supposed if you're right, Cryptic could start logging the count of leaver penalties, and ramp them up: more than 5 a week and the timeout grows to 48 hours?
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So this is "Let the RNG decide what you'll play AND the reward for it."

Terrible. Just terrible. It's like working for a minimum wage Temp service (even though you may have a Ph.D. in Astrophysics). Plus, your job description and duties aren't spelled out until after you reach your assignment, so you stand a good chance of wearing a 3-piece suit to dig ditches, or be dressed in paint-stained jeans to man a reception desk. And you're surrounded by co-workers who also have no idea where they are, or what they're doing, and are likely just as ill-equipped for the task at hand as you are (and are just as unhappy as you are about being RNG'ed into incompetence). And when you finally reach the end of your probably-terrible workday, for which you were unprepared (by your boss's design), you get a random paycheck.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Thank you for making it optional. I'll queue as manually as always for what I want to play.

However, Mark brought up a GREAT point: bring back Mine Trap!
  • sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    As requested, here is my feedback:
    What excites you, or makes you anxious, about the prospect of opting into Randomized content, and why?
    Anxious feelings because I fear anything that the character wasn't ready for...Do I need to keep freqeuency modulators and environmental suits on each Player? WIll my control ship for 'Swarm' be able to handle the 'Undine Assault'?
    Excited about getting into a TFO quickly!
    'Klingon Fleet Alert' and 'Undine Infiltration' are some of my favorites, but they rarely get another player queued up.
    Which existing TFOs would you consider yourself ‘unlucky’ to be placed in, and why?
    'Assault on Terok Nor' and Undine Assault' are my 2 nightmare TFOs...

One last comment: I would really like to see the 10+ player queues added to the system as well. They are almost impossible to run as a PUG, and difficult to organize as a private PVE.
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    While the cute imagery does a good attempt to sell us on this, it's just putting a pretty label veterans are unlikely to use on something that can get unfortunately and exceedingly boring over a relatively short period of time. Players will shorthand it to "queue" regardless of an attempt to give it a name. I don't even see anyone refer to the older STFs as "STFs" anymore, really.

As for the random queue system, it may help fill those older queues that barely anyone plays, but it's really just a system to stave off roughly fifteen minutes of boredom. It doesn't really do anything to address the larger issues of why queues stop getting queued after a relatively short period of time after their initial release.

There are a handful of queues I do enjoy, personally (love Gravity Kills, there just are not enough gameplay-affecting anomalies like black holes (my favorite anomaly) in the game), but even those can get tiring to do after a little while.

Unfortunately, because we have this reputation grind, which seems to be getting extended, it means we players are forced to replay the same few queues over and over again if we want to get anywhere with the reputation we're currently grinding. There are a few queues, like the Red Alerts, that provide a wider assortment of marks, but if you need the "heavy" marks, or whatever they're called, for reputation gear, then you're stuck. Randomization won't fix that for those of us playing specific queues for a specific reputation.

While I understand the focus on short queues, I would prefer to see more variety in the kind of content that could give marks and "heavy" marks. Obviously, adventure/battlezones is one alternative, and I do still enjoy New Romulus with its variety of locations and activities. I was personally disappointed to see the Iconian War go without a unique battlezone (fighting on an Iconian installation to chase Herald assassins through gateways to various important Alliance worlds would have been interesting, and still feasible with rogue T'Ket running around). Some battlezones, like the Tzenkethi battlezone, are just not enjoyable when it feels like it's impossible to succeed. I can count the number of times I've seen it won on roughly half my fingers, on one hand.

The Gamma Quadrant's battlezone was a unique attempt to try something different, but I feel it relies far too heavily on the queue system for even shorter queues to be very fun for long. If it were instead placed in smaller battlezone-like maps within visually different systems throughout the quadrant depending on where the Hur'q is currently attacking, that players could enter and leave with scaling difficulty depending on the number of players, with maybe some more variety in objectives, that would have been more enjoyable. As it is, like the queue system in general, it's just queuing up for the same few maps with the same few objectives over and over again with no variety.

Perhaps, too, story episodes that can relate to certain reputations should give marks and "heavy" marks. That way, as we play or replay through a campaign or set of episodes, we are at least earning a bit to help offset how many queues we might have to repeat, assuming the rewards aren't minuscule.

As for the queues themselves, I do wish they were more tied to actual in-game locations, to feel like they're a part of the universe we're playing in as opposed to some separate queue-only reality. In this aspect, the Gamma Quadrant battlezone succeeds, in my opinion. Not only that, but I don't see why queues HAVE to be fifteen minute excursions. Why can't they be more like extended story episodes with some variety in content within them? I suppose that's more akin to the original pre-queue STFs, in some ways, which isn't a bad thing. At the least, perhaps a new subset of queues could be made with this in mind, for each reputation.

Perhaps if the overall rewards were increased, as well, it wouldn't seem like we have to do as many queues to complete our reputations and reputation gear sets. There's already so many reputations to work on.

I don't know if any of this is helpful, and I know it's difficult to make many drastic changes with how the game is built up to at this point, but I don't think adding more and more short queues is going to make this any better, as I'm sure more reputations will be added as the game goes on. Randomization might help for a bit, but people will still have their preferences, especially when it comes to the less enjoyable or more broken queues that have been let go for years now. Hopefully, queues will get more attention now that this system is being worked on, with previous years' feedback coming back into the limelight for a bit.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Excited that different queues can finally be playable without having to find players or chat groups and wait to queue. Might dislike being throw into a queue that requires certain gear or loadout that I won't be prepared to accommodate to ahead of time, or of having to switch loadouts, gear, etc., too often being time consuming. Also, I worry about the time investment and difficulty scaling and reward payout, since certain missions are much longer and harder than others that reward the same, as well as being paired with players that might not be equipped for missions where difficulty scaling varies wildly even under the same 'advanced' category.
    Any of the space missions that previously have been avoided due to low payout and high time investment.
    Same as above, unless difficulty scaling and time investments are normalized, any missions that take too long. I also prefer space PvEs over ground PvEs.

I'm glad some change is going on to hopefully revitalize the end game PvEs, and I hope many more will be added, as well as variations within them! Challenging ones, failure conditions, or ones that require dedicated team work are especially welcome.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So first off, what if I have a build that's effective against Borg but not some other enemy race? How do I make a build for something completely random? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the Reputations: to earn Gear that helps COMBAT those enemies in particular?

Second, this only includes Normal and Advance, but you know Battle of Korfez is an Elite ONLY STF. What happens with that? Then again, no one's been able to do that STF to begin with since the nerf to all our weapons and other gear and the devs not balancing the NPCs afterwards, so I guess it doesn't matter anyways.

EDIT: Oh, and speaking of the nerfs. I find it hilarious your adding a ranking system to the missions we do after those nerfs. Yeah, take away all our DPS and I bet getting that Epic reward is gonna require everyone to be Tactical with Mk XV Epic gear only! Doesn't matter if your a good team, this whole game relies on damage.
  • lancelot001lancelot001 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not having the ability to switch specializations is a downer. I think with the assest of a starship at your command it should not be a problem changing specializations since the best time to assess your needs are sometimes in theatre, but you bring what you can in the starship or in the rear. Plus it seems like most of what you bring in a specialization are learned skills. Things you always have access to. The ability to change your specialization when you need to would be great.
  • omegcrashomegcrash Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    UM YES all the YES. I totally dig this. Looking forward to this and how the feed back can help you modernize the player experience. Two thumbs up. I like where you are going with this Season so far. Refining your content constituency and players rewarded engagement. The content looks great but the redressing of antiquated systems very nice. Great polish Season we needed it.
  • rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    "What happens with EV Suit content?"

This is why we have come to rely on players for feedback! I frankly hadn't thought of this specific issue, in among the myriad others that have already been reviewed. Until we find a way to improve the EV Suit functionality and understandability, we may have to just remove the Ground-Nukara TFOs from Random eligibility.

Couldn't you just make the EV Suit have its own slot?
    EV suits in the 'EV Suit Slot' don't give their stats unless they are active or you don't have armor equipped
    then players will only have to equip them once and won't have to worry about swapping them for non-EV Suit maps
    You could do it like the infamous "Kurland here." mission... er.. I mean Boldly they Rode. :p IE the spawn point is a room with a crate of EV suits and if you don't have one you can get one. Of course the EV suit from that mission is junk, so maybe something less junky.

this too^

• bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Space AND Ground ?

Don't be stupid. Space OR Ground will work fine. I'm not queuing up for anything that could force me to do a ground map. I play the ground stuff sometimes... but if its a 50/50 space ground RNG no thanks.

I love the idea... it sounds like a great way to get pops for all sorts of stuff that is rarely played. Separate space and ground is the only thing I would change; it is no doubt the one reason I would never ever use this option.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    It might be nice to be able to select which TFOs you want to be included in your random roll, and the more you include, the bigger your rewards. So if you have like two or three that you'd rather avoid, you could still enjoy like 95% of the bonus reward. And, of course, if you narrow it down to two or three of your trusted get-rich-quick queues, then the bonus rewards would be significantly smaller.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    • "What happens with EV Suit content?"

Always thought that EV suits should have their own slot on characters and not sharing the slot w/ the armor.

Agreed.

Agreed x9000

And/or also - Why don't the Rep Armors that we have (the ones that come with helmets, at least) count as EV Suits, anyway?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    It is possible to make a build that would do OK (not league-record, but enough to steamroll over Advanced) in both ground and space that doesn't need switching.

I actually have an alt like that who needs some revision, and I'll volunteer as a guinea pig a few times when it goes live... But, since entreating players to just chillax and accept that no, there won't EVER be perfect coordination in a PuG, especially when you don't even know which queue TFO to google for gotchas before it starts won't work... I fully expect to abandon it after a few days.

If you see a human temporal recruit named Nita having no clue, please, be gentle. I'm doing it for science.
  • njodeath#7166 njodeath Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @njodeath#7166 said:
    > UGH! this is very troubling. I get my daily fleet marks in UAA. If you let these randoms join a que (That's what I will still be calling it sry) there goes my optional bonus marks for the day. 3/4 of the people that play UAA need to get Isomorphic Injections to complete a rep project. THEY DON"T GO IN TO UAA KNOWING HOW TO PLAY IT! Therefore about 3/4 of the time they kill the end boss before we finish the optionals (Errant Rifts) ruining a good fleet mark que. PLEASE don't allow randoms to join a que for people that know what they want and how to get it. YOU MUST SEPERATE THESE 2 somehow. Give the people that know how to play the ques a filter to block randoms or you are going to lose the remaining people that play the popular pve's. I will be forced to do a CCA once a day (takes 2 min) to get my bonus fleet marks losing 100 Fleet Marks a day is really gonna suck. FILTER THE RANDOMS OUT!

Yeah a guy with 4 posts who likely hasn't been playing a month and is ranting that they do something which is directly counter to the entire purpose of this concept is not going to be listened to.

I don't see what how many posts I've made has anything to do with my complaint. Everything I wrote is true. Just try UAA once. I only post if I see a reason too. I've been playing for over 3 years. As I see it the purpose of the concept is to get people to play the pve's more that's great. The best thing about STO is you can play a million different styles I just want a filter so we can opt out of the randoms so the serious grinders like me can get their work done for all 10 toons without a bunch of people coming in that don't understand a map and therefore ruining a run. Believe me there have pve's I have joined to complete an endeavor and had no clue what the map was cause I had never played it before. I was forced to play it though to complete the endeavor. I'm sure I wrecked it for the whole team and I felt bad about it. So all I want is a filter.
  • jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2018

************ Are they eliminating the Elite level mission skill. ************

I really hope not because they went to all this trouble to increase the level cap to 65 and the gear cap to 15 and now in the process of raising the reputation cap to tier 6.

I am still waiting for them to update all the missions to make use of the new level increase that they added throughout the game.

I really think that the developers should really focus on one thing at a time

They started this player level cap increase, gear level increase, reputation level increase and they have yet to show the player a mission that takes advantage of this new power creep.

Come on devs at least finish one thing before you guys start planning on something else.